Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore

Go down 
+8
YZEtc
rokka
Tammy
Midnite171
motokid
SpiritWolf15
SheWolf
Fargo_Wolf
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fargo_Wolf

Fargo_Wolf

Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore Empty
PostSubject: Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore   Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 10:00 pm

Dirt bike riders are facing a major crackdown from residents and police in Baltimore. After reading the story, it sounds like EVERYONE who rides a dirt bike or dual sport is at great risk of being harassed by police. Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore 640571 No helmet, stunting, off road bike being ridden on road and stuff like that, I can see having the bike seized, but to criminalize EVERYONE, including those who ride dual sports... That's going way too far. Have a read and see what you think:

Bike Crackdown

Is anyone here able to provide more info on this? It appears to be a case of profiling to me, not to mention gas stations are no prohibited from selling gas to anyone riding a dirt/dual sport bike.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore   Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 10:56 pm

These are NON PLATED strictly DIRT BIKES being ridden thru city streets by young teens and young adults who don't have a fucking brain. Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore 724854 The cops aren't going after plated DS bikes, unless they are endangering those around them...then they deserve to lose the thing. Baltimore's a crazy place to drive, period. Been thru it enuf times in a loaded truck and even that was a royal PITA. Add stupid idiots riding dirt bikes into the mix and I can see why they're getting pissed off. Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore 9356

SpiritWolf15

PostSubject: Re: Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore   Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 11:05 pm

You should really read the article a bit better there Farg.

Like Shewolf said, they're on;y going after non plated dirt bikes, same as they would here.

That being said, it's BALTIMORE, you don't even live there what does their new bike laws have to do with you?

I can see you getting uppity if they say... Made a new law here that said it was illegal to ride old, underpowered, barely running bikes with no exhaust pipe.... Oh wait, it already is.

*tosses some training wheels and a rubber band motor* Ya might be needing these.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore   Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 11:10 pm

Rob, be nice. Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore Thsmiley_spank I'll make you tow him out of the bush when it dies.Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore Ooops_by_humpy77

SpiritWolf15

PostSubject: Re: Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore   Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 11:16 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Rob, be nice. Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore Thsmiley_spank I'll make you tow him out of the bush when it dies.Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore Ooops_by_humpy77

I would... But I don't think I have a rope weak enough to NOT rip his frame apart... I think I may have some yarn somewhere... Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore 61865
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore   Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 9:03 am

Here's the problem:

click me

click me too

and me too

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore   Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 9:59 am

Yep, saw those. They all deserve to get those things taken away. There's things like abandoned warehouses and parking lots to do that shit in. Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore Icon_scratch

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore   Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 10:02 am

Those vids are CRAZEEEE!!! Def some nice stunts but they are a hazard to everybody on the streets. They should get the book thrown at em!
Back to top Go down
SpiritWolf15

SpiritWolf15

PostSubject: Re: Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore   Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 10:51 am

Midnite171 wrote:
Those vids are CRAZEEEE!!! Def some nice stunts but they are a hazard to everybody on the streets. They should get the book thrown at em!

THey aren't that great at all... Stupid... I'll give them that...
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore   Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 12:08 pm

Love it I hope they keep it up and lock them ALL up and pull ALL of them bikes off the road for good.. One thing to ride off in the woods but to do that on OUR streets this rider of 37 yrs is happy to see them all go...

They all give us a BAD name and make it HARD for the rest of us to ride on and off road....
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore   Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 12:19 pm

+10 Right on the money honey! Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore 61865

Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore   Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 12:24 pm

You can bet that the bikes that where paid for was cash and it was street money and the others where jacked ripped off from a hard working person like you and I...
Back to top Go down
rokka

rokka

PostSubject: Amazing   Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 12:25 pm

Amazing ! I thought that law and order was very strong in US. Reminds me when I was I LA and wanted to take a walk around the neighbourhood. A police man stoped me and asked what I was doing ? I am talking a walk and I explained that im not from here. He checked my passport called a cab and told me not to do that again. Rent a car was the message.

But dirt bikes on the roads in hundreds seems to be a problem they cant fix, amazing
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore   Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 12:27 pm

I think the most fair ending to that shit is to have them all get bumped-off in traffic, one by one.
If I saw that happen in front of me, I'd probably laugh.
In fact, I have. :)
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore   Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 12:28 pm

Yeah...don't even get me started on that one. It makes my blood boil. Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore Image001

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore   Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 2:46 pm

Looking at it a different way perhaps, but I think it's pretty sad.

There's probably no place around there for these kids (I'll call it) to get out and have fun and challenge themselves by doing something useful (and be competitive) as a release.

If there was availability of a track in the area they could express themselves in a different, more constructive manner.

When I was a kid we lived up in the hills in suburban Los Angeles and we rode our bikes through the streets up to our tracks. It was cool.

On the other hand they could do an urban version of The Road Warrior ! Dig the guy doing a backwards wheelie ! How do someone even do that ? * Looking at Motokid for response and laughing *
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore   Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 4:48 pm

Well, unfortunately for people living in the city there are no places to ride at all. Hey, I don't live in a big city and there are alot of woods but there STILL isn't too many places to ride. That's the reason I got rid of my CR250. I have in the past ridden some side streets s-l-o-w-l-y, (and yes I have been chased by police, dogs, people in cars and even an old lady with a steel rake) and all I was doing was trying to get to the path or pits or somewhere I could ride.

The way I look at it now (that I am 41) I either needed a pickup truck or a street legal dual sport. And heck, even in the trails and pits it wasn't really legal for me on my 2 stroke CR. Now on my WR, I am mostly compliant with all laws. But I'm sure even if I was on my plated WR and I was riding like those punks in those videos, they would be arresting me too. I guess it's one thing to see kid puttering down a side street to get to a path in the woods and another thing to see those crazy jerks wheeliing in and out of traffic.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore   Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 5:56 pm

That's the difference. Others trailer up or truck them out and go where they can let loose, or if old enuf to hold a license, get a DS and be able to ride to the trails. Every single rider in any of those shots could care less what anyone thinks. I mean, we have hooligan riders on here but even they take their stunting to places where it's not endangering others, and if there are ppl around they are respectful. All I see are a bunch of showboater hooligans. Stunting has it's place, but not down the middle of a busy city street. Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore Icon_rolleyes

PostSubject: Re: Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore   Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 8:43 pm

I live in Baltimore, commute daily on my WR250R into the heart of the city, and have never been harassed by the police.

These "kids", to be generous, aren't interested in trail riding, competition, or whatever. These are poor 'urban youths' being jackasses.
SW Baltimore is where The Wire was filmed and where a majority of the drug and murder problem is located btw. And yes, most of those bikes are probably stolen. In fact, parts from my old bike are probably out there now (and I hope the bastards kill themselves on it).

And no, there is no legal riding anywhere near Baltimore, closest ORV trail is 2.5 hours away.
Back to top Go down
WRoldman

WRoldman

PostSubject: Re: Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore   Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 11:18 am

If Baltimore PD is serious about putting a stop to this,they will have to form a task force. Meaning significant $$$, manpower & equipment. Tulsa, OK had a problem with their freeways full of sportbikes on one wheel every night. To stop it, the police had to use a helicopter & a small fleet of Hayabusa.
Back to top Go down
SpiritWolf15

SpiritWolf15

PostSubject: Re: Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore   Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 8:50 pm

Tammy wrote:
Love it I hope they keep it up and lock them ALL up and pull ALL of them bikes off the road for good.. One thing to ride off in the woods but to do that on OUR streets this rider of 37 yrs is happy to see them all go...

They all give us a BAD name and make it HARD for the rest of us to ride on and off road....

+100 for truth
Back to top Go down
SpiritWolf15

SpiritWolf15

PostSubject: Re: Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore   Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 9:08 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Yep, saw those. They all deserve to get those things taken away. There's things like abandoned warehouses and parking lots to do that shit in. Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore Icon_scratch

Simple solution to this problem is to just kill these fuckers on site and not bother wasting tax money on arresting them.
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore   Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 9:16 pm

Tibarus wrote:
Tammy wrote:

+100 for truth

Yeah, nobody here correlates Baltimore's roving dirt bike gangs with regular responsible riders. Nobody.

Tibarus wrote:
SheWolf wrote:

Simple solution to this problem is to just kill these fuckers on site and not bother wasting tax money on arresting them.

Better be well armed because they'll shoot back.
Back to top Go down
SpiritWolf15

SpiritWolf15

PostSubject: Re: Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore   Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 11:14 pm

skierd wrote:
Tibarus wrote:
Tammy wrote:

+100 for truth

Yeah, nobody here correlates Baltimore's roving dirt bike gangs with regular responsible riders. Nobody.

Tibarus wrote:
SheWolf wrote:

Better be well armed because they'll shoot back.

I offer this as the main means of "pest control" for this situation.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore   Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 10:51 am

WRoldman wrote:
If Baltimore PD is serious about putting a stop to this,they will have to form a task force. Meaning significant $$$, manpower & equipment. Tulsa, OK had a problem with their freeways full of sportbikes on one wheel every night. To stop it, the police had to use a helicopter & a small fleet of Hayabusa.

I think this would be the way to go, rather than the vigilante stuff that happens and gets so out of hand. We don't need to see more innocent ppl get offed due to mismanagement of firearms.

PostSubject: Re: Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore   Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore Empty

Back to top Go down

Stay The F**k Outta Baltimore
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next