Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

USA riders harder on bikes????

Go down 
+2
YZEtc
Ozy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ozy

Ozy

USA riders harder on bikes???? Empty
PostSubject: USA riders harder on bikes????   USA riders harder on bikes???? EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 6:32 am

I've just realised that the WRR only has a 12 month warranty in the U.S.A as opposed to the 24 month warranty we have in Australia.

You guys in the U.S.A must be too hard on the poor things USA riders harder on bikes???? 93746 ........
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: USA riders harder on bikes????   USA riders harder on bikes???? EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 6:37 am

For whatever reason, the USA has always had a 12-month warranty period from all of the Big 4 manufacturers as standard equipment.
Back to top Go down
subedai

PostSubject: Re: USA riders harder on bikes????   USA riders harder on bikes???? EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 8:03 am

I suppose we have to get something for the extra $2000 we have to pay
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: USA riders harder on bikes????   USA riders harder on bikes???? EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 9:42 am

subedai wrote:
I suppose we have to get something for the extra $2000 we have to pay
Canada also pays about an extra $2000, but we only get 12 months. USA riders harder on bikes???? Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down
wjfawb0

PostSubject: Re: USA riders harder on bikes????   USA riders harder on bikes???? EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 8:51 pm

I'm sure laws and regulations as well as history have a hand in it. For instance, the 94 miata I owned had a 80,000 mile timing belt change interval for maintenance. In California the regulations say it has to last 100,000 minimum, so the owners manual says in the US change the belt every 80,000 (except California where it will last 100,000). USA riders harder on bikes???? 93746 I may be a little off on the actual mileage, but you get my point.
Back to top Go down
njbill

njbill

PostSubject: Re: USA riders harder on bikes????   USA riders harder on bikes???? EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 10:39 pm

The USA has more lawyers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: USA riders harder on bikes????   USA riders harder on bikes???? Empty

Back to top Go down

USA riders harder on bikes????
Page 1 of 1