Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New 09 WR250R in Boston

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
cryptomundo

New 09 WR250R in Boston Empty
PostSubject: New 09 WR250R in Boston   New 09 WR250R in Boston EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 6:54 pm

Hello all!

I recently bought a new '09 WR250R and I am happy to see there are lots more folks just as happy as me. The first thing I had to do was lower it a bit and so I bought a corbin seat (which Im thinking to replace with a sergant cycle custom seat because the corbin is not very comfortable in my opinion). Everything on the bike is still stock. I have been reading on this forum and other forums like ADV and learning alot from you all. I am making my list of mods and deciding what I want to do and when. The first thing I will be doing is installing the FMF EFI power programmer (on order) and using some of shewolfs map suggestions. Also I know the other simple mods like the airbox flapper etc. that should also be done right away. I also bought the AIS removal kit from krabill. Thanks to everyone for your contributions and I look forward to sharing as I have my own experiences. Hopefully soon I will be able to post some ride reports.

A little about myself, I was raised in east texas and rode dirtbikes during my teen years .. mostly sand, mud, snakes, and plenty of tree's that seemed to get in the way. Lots of fun memories and then I moved out of the country and starting working in the city. I am now 39 and living in Boston, MA (way too cold for me). Since my teens I have experimented with street bikes and decided I feel way more comfortable on offroad bikes. So I decided the WR was for me. best of both worlds. I am very excited to not only ride on my bike but also work on it. I am actually thinking about taking some time off from my day job and formally study motorcycle mechanics (been working as data communication engineer for 20 years .. time for a break).

If anyone is in the area of Boston let me know because I need to find some trails to ride. I will be searching around the forums for ride reports also.

So, thanks again all .. I still have plenty of catch up reading to do .. by the way that monster thread on ADV is crazy .. i dont know how i can read through the entire thread :)

~Blake
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: New 09 WR250R in Boston   New 09 WR250R in Boston EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 8:39 pm

Welcome to the pack, Blake! New 09 WR250R in Boston 61865 I rode streetbikes too and felt the same way. Got the R² and never looked back. New 09 WR250R in Boston 93746

inspector

PostSubject: Re: New 09 WR250R in Boston   New 09 WR250R in Boston EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 10:38 am

Welcome, HI!
Back to top Go down
jason meacham

jason meacham

PostSubject: Re: New 09 WR250R in Boston   New 09 WR250R in Boston EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 12:04 pm

Hello, this forum is full of good info on the WRR, if you ever want to ride in Connecticut(stafford area) then let me know. New 09 WR250R in Boston 945348
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New 09 WR250R in Boston   New 09 WR250R in Boston Empty

Back to top Go down

New 09 WR250R in Boston
Page 1 of 1