Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

My first 5 miles...yeehaaa

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
PinkyDick-WR250R

My first 5 miles...yeehaaa Empty
PostSubject: My first 5 miles...yeehaaa   My first 5 miles...yeehaaa EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 10:25 am

WELL, I had a fun FIRST 5 miles cruising around NYC, traffic. Not used to NO RPM's read out on the display ?? Weaving in and out of traffic, it's great not to worry about traffic. Jumped on the Turnpike and zipped up to 65 with no problem purrrrr'd like a kitten. Surprising how quiet this little 250 is, since I came from a KLR650. Didn't want to push too much, brand new 2009 need to easy it in a little. I was Syc'd when the dealer had an open EFI commander laying in the back and said give me $100 for it I said done. Looks like I'll be installing this in a day or so and going to hit a few tights trails to get used to the bike. I used to take my KLR650 in this tight wooded area, sand, small hills. Curious to see how the smaller bike handles. I'll keep everyone posted...... So far my luck is doing great.

Special "K"
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: My first 5 miles...yeehaaa   My first 5 miles...yeehaaa EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 10:28 am

You're gonna wish you had gotten the bike sooner when you take it there. wink That bike will beg for more and you'll end up going places you never knew existed. TAKE PICS!! Very happy

PostSubject: Re: My first 5 miles...yeehaaa   My first 5 miles...yeehaaa EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 11:56 am

SheWolf wrote:
You're gonna wish you had gotten the bike sooner when you take it there. wink That bike will beg for more and you'll end up going places you never knew existed. TAKE PICS!! Very happy

I will... bannana
Back to top Go down
PooTeeTat

PooTeeTat

PostSubject: Re: My first 5 miles...yeehaaa   My first 5 miles...yeehaaa EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 3:41 pm

Dear P I N K Y D I C K ???????

WTF kind of name is that??????? My first 5 miles...yeehaaa 613970 (I know, I know. My name is PooTeeTat. As in, "I tawt I taw a...)

Take out the spark arrestor insert in your stock exhaust. It'll sound a whole lot more like that 650. My first 5 miles...yeehaaa 490865

And stretch your body before you ride hard. You're gonna FREAK-OUT My first 5 miles...yeehaaa 379944 how agile this little jewel of a bke can be.

Oh, and you don't need a tach for this bike.
1) You won't have time to look down.
2) When you hit the rev limiter, it's time to shift. My first 5 miles...yeehaaa 851577
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: My first 5 miles...yeehaaa   My first 5 miles...yeehaaa EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 10:40 pm

I use the throttle (and my butt) for the revolution estimator.

Half-throttle; Half max RPMS !

Higher RPMs - Tighter sphincter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My first 5 miles...yeehaaa   My first 5 miles...yeehaaa Empty

Back to top Go down

My first 5 miles...yeehaaa
Page 1 of 1