Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New (to me) bars, clamps, and mirrors!

Go down 
+5
SheWolf
njbill
3KGT_Maddness
WRXer
Corprin
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Corprin

Corprin

New (to me) bars, clamps, and mirrors! Empty
PostSubject: New (to me) bars, clamps, and mirrors!   New (to me) bars, clamps, and mirrors! EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 10:05 pm

Thanks to "WRXer" (and some ebay seller) the parts fairy left me a couple presents on the doorstep today!

New (to me) bars, clamps, and mirrors! IMG_2770

Tag Metals XT-1 Bars
Tag Metals OS clamps

...and some knock-off bar-end mirrors.

I finished my Calc and Chem homework a bit earlier than I expected New (to me) bars, clamps, and mirrors! 379944 So I opened the boxes like a kid on present day! Went to the garage, turned on some Buffett, and installed the parts!

Before;
New (to me) bars, clamps, and mirrors! IMG_2705

After;
New (to me) bars, clamps, and mirrors! IMG_2774

New (to me) bars, clamps, and mirrors! IMG_2772

New (to me) bars, clamps, and mirrors! IMG_2773

I am effing amazed at the field of view these mirrors give. I have
about a 45* fan on each side. Better than any other mirror I have ever
had.
Back to top Go down
WRXer

PostSubject: Re: New (to me) bars, clamps, and mirrors!   New (to me) bars, clamps, and mirrors! EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 10:16 pm

Wow that was fast! How did you handle the riser/clamp nut on the throttle side? I ended up removing the top triple clamp to get it. Looks good.
Back to top Go down
Corprin

Corprin

PostSubject: Re: New (to me) bars, clamps, and mirrors!   New (to me) bars, clamps, and mirrors! EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 10:19 pm

WRXer wrote:
Wow that was fast! How did you handle the riser/clamp nut on the throttle side? I ended up removing the top triple clamp to get it. Looks good.

Very simple...

straighten the wheel, standard depth 16mm socket on a 12" wobbler extension. No issues at all.
Back to top Go down
3KGT_Maddness

3KGT_Maddness

PostSubject: Re: New (to me) bars, clamps, and mirrors!   New (to me) bars, clamps, and mirrors! EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 6:13 am

Where did you buy those knock offs? They actually look really good. Nice Bike New (to me) bars, clamps, and mirrors! 61865
Back to top Go down
njbill

njbill

PostSubject: Re: New (to me) bars, clamps, and mirrors!   New (to me) bars, clamps, and mirrors! EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 8:50 am

3KGT_Maddness wrote:
Where did you buy those knock offs? They actually look really good. Nice Bike New (to me) bars, clamps, and mirrors! 61865

I agree and would also like to know.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: New (to me) bars, clamps, and mirrors!   New (to me) bars, clamps, and mirrors! EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 10:01 am

Same size as my UFO's, only mine are closer into the tank, so they won't hit the ground when my bike falls asleep. Nicely done! The mirrors are great with an awesome FOV. thumb

Corprin

PostSubject: Re: New (to me) bars, clamps, and mirrors!   New (to me) bars, clamps, and mirrors! EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 1:07 pm

They are all metal construction (although a bit on the cheepie side, these are NO CRG's) but work well. The only plastic is the ball at the end of the mirror arm where it contacts the clamp. I actually like this, as it allows the clamp to really get a "bite" on the ball to prevent movement. First ride was to class today, and WOW, I doubt I will ever go back to stairing at my elbows when I ride!

$17.94 shipped for the pair.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230487868587&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

Seller also has them in silver, and fake CF. I went with black to better blend with the bike.
Back to top Go down
dustcloud

PostSubject: Re: New (to me) bars, clamps, and mirrors!   New (to me) bars, clamps, and mirrors! EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 11:01 am

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/B-Bar-End-Mirrors-Suzuki-Honda-Kawasaki-Ducati-BMW-N-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem588aedbcb1QQitemZ380287958193QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Are these the mirrors u ordered? ur link expired and I would like to get them but want to make sure they are right. Thanks
Back to top Go down
PYG RYDR

PYG RYDR

PostSubject: Re: New (to me) bars, clamps, and mirrors!   New (to me) bars, clamps, and mirrors! EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 12:12 pm

Corprin wrote:
They are all metal construction (although a bit on the cheepie side, these are NO CRG's) but work well. The only plastic is the ball at the end of the mirror arm where it contacts the clamp. I actually like this, as it allows the clamp to really get a "bite" on the ball to prevent movement. First ride was to class today, and WOW, I doubt I will ever go back to stairing at my elbows when I ride!

$17.94 shipped for the pair.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230487868587&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

Seller also has them in silver, and fake CF. I went with black to better blend with the bike.

Would these mirrors work on 1 1/8 bars? Shog

TIA
Back to top Go down
Corprin

Corprin

PostSubject: Re: New (to me) bars, clamps, and mirrors!   New (to me) bars, clamps, and mirrors! EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 1:31 pm

those are the correct ones.

the mirrors will fit any bar that is of a "standard" diameter. My tag bars are 1-1/8" but taper down for the ends.
Back to top Go down
PYG RYDR

PYG RYDR

PostSubject: Re: New (to me) bars, clamps, and mirrors!   New (to me) bars, clamps, and mirrors! EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 6:43 pm

Corprin wrote:

the mirrors will fit any bar that is of a "standard" diameter. My tag bars are 1-1/8" but taper down for the ends.

Thanks! thumb
Back to top Go down
dustcloud

PostSubject: Re: New (to me) bars, clamps, and mirrors!   New (to me) bars, clamps, and mirrors! EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 12:11 am

Thanks a bunch. freaky
Back to top Go down
hell0men

hell0men

PostSubject: Re: New (to me) bars, clamps, and mirrors!   New (to me) bars, clamps, and mirrors! EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 10:47 am

I have similar mirrors, but its very uncomfortable to look down every time. Now i'am looking for alternative. May be i'll find stock, because i bought my bike without mirrors.
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: New (to me) bars, clamps, and mirrors!   New (to me) bars, clamps, and mirrors! EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 9:38 pm

Corprin wrote:

My pro taper bars taper from 1 1/8 back to stock at the grips so everything mounts fine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New (to me) bars, clamps, and mirrors!   New (to me) bars, clamps, and mirrors! Empty

Back to top Go down

New (to me) bars, clamps, and mirrors!
Page 1 of 1