Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New member in CO

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
picard

picard

New member in CO Empty
PostSubject: New member in CO   New member in CO EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 12:37 pm

Hi Everyone,

picked up my new WRR on Thursday after a several year break in trail riding I'm excited to get back into the woods. Tried to 'replace' off roading with mountain biking and while the latter is fun it's not quite the same. I hope I can keep up the MTB riding and at the same time get some good trail time on the new 250. I have 30+ years of riding experience but I have found myself to become more and more cautious both on the road and on the trail. Never thought I'd get a 250 but... must be the age ... or maybe it's just advancing technology.
New member in CO Gerg
Everything I had read about the bike seems pretty accurate. I'm extremely pleased. Very reasonable power once you get into the mid-rpm range and once my dealer gets the new sprockets in this will be even better New member in CO 525406

Compared to my last trail bike (DRZ400) it feels much lighter and easier to ride. It lacks the low end grunt of the DRZ but if revved a little, I don't think it has much to give up. This is likely at least partially due to the FI adjusting to the altitude here while the DRZ was always either a little too rich or a little too lean... And I got about 75 mpg on the first tank - also thanks to the FI. No more messing with carburetors for me!

Had not had the bike on trails yet as I want to break the bike in on the road and the skid plate will arrive with the sprockets - hopefully this week. The stock tires stick very well on the street and they seem OK on gravel but they don't look too trail worthy. I will wear them out though before replacing with a pair of D606 (had them on many of my previous bikes these are good tires).

I find the WR to have a nicely slick shifting gearbox (much better than the notchy Yamaha
street bikes) which is nice. Rode about 2.5 hours yesterday and I also found the seat to be quite acceptable - not much worse than what comes on some street bikes. 250 miles now - time for an oil change.

Wolfman is 15 miles away so I'll probably go visit this or next week and look at luggage options. I have some of their stuff on my Wee and it's very nice stuff that's always served me well. I can imagine riding the 250 at least into some far corners of the state (so many great places to ride around here) so some luggage will be needed. Wolfman now has so many options it will be hard to decide.

I look forward to interacting with you folks in the future. Maybe meeting some of you on the trail or road some time.

Frank

New member in CO Img_2512
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

New member in CO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member in CO   New member in CO EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 1:31 pm

Nice bike! Welcome to the pack, Frank! thumb

inspector

New member in CO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member in CO   New member in CO EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 2:02 pm

Welcome, HI!
Back to top Go down
ekahwaty

ekahwaty

New member in CO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member in CO   New member in CO EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 2:23 pm

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down

New member in CO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member in CO   New member in CO EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 8:38 pm

Welcome
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New member in CO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member in CO   New member in CO Empty

Back to top Go down

New member in CO
Page 1 of 1