Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Wolfman enduro sadlebags melting issues/new expedition bags

Go down 
+2
SheWolf
picard
6 posters
AuthorMessage
picard

picard

Wolfman enduro sadlebags melting issues/new expedition bags Empty
PostSubject: Wolfman enduro sadlebags melting issues/new expedition bags   Wolfman enduro sadlebags melting issues/new expedition bags EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 10:31 am

Hi All,

I stopped by Wolfman yesterday and they did not recommend the E10 saddlebags (http://wolfmanluggage.com/Enduro/enduro_saddle_bags.html[/url]) for the WRR because of possible melting issues on the exhaust. I noticed at least some of you use these bags (both old and new style) and I was wondering whether this is mostly an issue with aftermarket pipes as the stock pipe heat shield does get quite warm but not hot enough to melt saddlebags? The only thing that got really hot was the fasteners. I think a piece of neoprene stuck on there should fix that...

The alternative are the new Expedition Dry bags (http://wolfmanluggage.com/Expedition/expd_dry_saddle_bags.html[/url]) which come with nice and sturdy racks custom made for a number of bikes. Anyone have any experience with these? They sure are nice but also not cheap. And I'm a little worried about weight (empty about 8 pounds each side).

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

picard
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman enduro sadlebags melting issues/new expedition bags   Wolfman enduro sadlebags melting issues/new expedition bags EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 12:43 pm

I have the old style Enduro bags with my Q4 and have not melted anything. thumb There are a few guys who've gone to the Expedition setup and like them.

A wolf's voice echoed down the mountain 'Share the bounty of the hunt with your brothers and sisters, and forever be strong and free.' Wolfman enduro sadlebags melting issues/new expedition bags Wolf_b10
Back to top Go down
clint

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman enduro sadlebags melting issues/new expedition bags   Wolfman enduro sadlebags melting issues/new expedition bags EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 1:17 pm

You can reinstall the OEM Heatshields on your aftermarket exhaust and header if you have a few dryer vent hose clamps and a piece of aluminum bar stock. Works great on mine, though I am using Core Tech bags instead.
Back to top Go down
malibu_dan

malibu_dan

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman enduro sadlebags melting issues/new expedition bags   Wolfman enduro sadlebags melting issues/new expedition bags EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 10:21 am

+2 on the Wolfman Dry Expedition bags. Berg @ BRM did a great job designing the racks. Now all I hafta do is lose 15 pounds off my arse to offset the weight. FWIW, the bags come off stupid-easy, and the racks are not that big a deal to take on/off if you're really concerned about sprung weight. I just leave 'em on, they make me look tougher.
Back to top Go down
picard

picard

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman enduro sadlebags melting issues/new expedition bags   Wolfman enduro sadlebags melting issues/new expedition bags EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 12:53 pm

malibu_dan wrote:
+2 on the Wolfman Dry Expedition bags. Berg @ BRM did a great job designing the racks. Now all I hafta do is lose 15 pounds off my arse to offset the weight. FWIW, the bags come off stupid-easy, and the racks are not that big a deal to take on/off if you're really concerned about sprung weight. I just leave 'em on, they make me look tougher.

Have you fallen over on trails with just the racks on? They do look pretty strong but how tough are they really?
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman enduro sadlebags melting issues/new expedition bags   Wolfman enduro sadlebags melting issues/new expedition bags EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 10:28 pm

SheWolf wrote:
I have the old style Enduro bags with my Q4 and have not melted anything. thumb There are a few guys who've gone to the Expedition setup and like them.

Did you make something to keep the bags off of the pipe?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman enduro sadlebags melting issues/new expedition bags   Wolfman enduro sadlebags melting issues/new expedition bags EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:02 am

Nope, they hang over it. Had them on all day and went up to one of the remote lakes and they were fine.

A wolf's voice echoed down the mountain 'Share the bounty of the hunt with your brothers and sisters, and forever be strong and free.' Wolfman enduro sadlebags melting issues/new expedition bags Wolf_b10
Back to top Go down
malibu_dan

malibu_dan

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman enduro sadlebags melting issues/new expedition bags   Wolfman enduro sadlebags melting issues/new expedition bags EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 3:10 pm

picard wrote:
Have you fallen over on trails with just the racks on? They do look pretty strong but how tough are they really?

Me? Pffffft... nope.

Wolfman enduro sadlebags melting issues/new expedition bags 911463
Well, nothing more than a easy lay down.
Back to top Go down
Krabill

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman enduro sadlebags melting issues/new expedition bags   Wolfman enduro sadlebags melting issues/new expedition bags EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 5:26 pm

picard wrote:

I try not to fall over, but I'll say these new Wolfman racks are 10x what the dirtbagz racks are. I use my new racks to grab onto and move my bike around in the garage. Trying to lift your bike with dirtbagz racks would result in a bent rack.
Back to top Go down
picard

picard

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman enduro sadlebags melting issues/new expedition bags   Wolfman enduro sadlebags melting issues/new expedition bags EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 12:41 am

Krabill wrote:
picard wrote:

I try not to fall over, but I'll say these new Wolfman racks are 10x what the dirtbagz racks are. I use my new racks to grab onto and move my bike around in the garage. Trying to lift your bike with dirtbagz racks would result in a bent rack.

Yeah I try to avoid falling over, too, with mixed success, depending on the trail I'm on ;-)
I think I'm pretty much sold on the expedition bags. I like the fuel bottle option and the extra storage will be welcome even though you kind of fill the space you have no matter how much it is ;-)
Thanks for your replies and advice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman enduro sadlebags melting issues/new expedition bags   Wolfman enduro sadlebags melting issues/new expedition bags Empty

Back to top Go down

Wolfman enduro sadlebags melting issues/new expedition bags
Page 1 of 1