Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Wolfman saddlebags - Enduro E-10 vs Enduro

Go down 
+6
john92
okdq
Medski
SheWolf
Krabill
Ozy
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Ozy

Ozy

Wolfman saddlebags - Enduro E-10 vs Enduro Empty
PostSubject: Wolfman saddlebags - Enduro E-10 vs Enduro   Wolfman saddlebags - Enduro E-10 vs Enduro EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 8:08 pm

Hi all,

I'm looking at buying some Wolfman saddlebags. Can someone tell me which ones suit the R2 better, the newer E-10 or the Enduro?

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Krabill

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman saddlebags - Enduro E-10 vs Enduro   Wolfman saddlebags - Enduro E-10 vs Enduro EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 12:07 am

The new dry line bags are better than any of the rest thumb
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman saddlebags - Enduro E-10 vs Enduro   Wolfman saddlebags - Enduro E-10 vs Enduro EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 12:26 am

To answer your question, the old style enduro saddle bags fit the R² better than the E-10 from what I've heard. The dry bag system you need to buy the mounting brackets...the enduro bags you do not. Wolfman saddlebags - Enduro E-10 vs Enduro 61865

Medski

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman saddlebags - Enduro E-10 vs Enduro   Wolfman saddlebags - Enduro E-10 vs Enduro EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 12:34 am

I got the tank side panniers in dry bags from wolfman, I WISHED I had the back one with the mounting brackets too. 2 days ago all my clothes were wet because it was in the only bag that is not a dry one... (tent, sleeping bag and computer stuff took priority in the dry bags...)

If I do another trip on the R2 wich i probly will, i'll get the dry ones. Thats for sure.

Also, the dry panniers in the back clips to the rack right Krabill? So I assume it's easyer to mount on and off if you need something like a tool on the side of the highway or in the middle of the trail.... It's always easyer to look for something in a bag that is not yet ON the bike. And if you carry other stuff like i'm packed right now, the rear panniers come off last. :(
Back to top Go down
Ozy

Ozy

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman saddlebags - Enduro E-10 vs Enduro   Wolfman saddlebags - Enduro E-10 vs Enduro EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 2:53 am

SheWolf wrote:
To answer your question, the old style enduro saddle bags fit the R² better than the E-10 from what I've heard. The dry bag system you need to buy the mounting brackets...the enduro bags you do not. Wolfman saddlebags - Enduro E-10 vs Enduro 61865

Thanks Shewolf, as you noticed I'm only looking at the Enduro series and the E-10 doesn't look like they sit as good as the older style Enduro's.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman saddlebags - Enduro E-10 vs Enduro   Wolfman saddlebags - Enduro E-10 vs Enduro EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 9:51 am

I've got the old style ones and they hold quite a bit of stuff. Great for packing an extra jacket, gloves, lunch, bungee cords, a couple of water bottles, whatever combination of stuff. I've used them to pack groceries as well when I hit town and realized I needed a few things.
With the E-10 ppl have had to cut the side panels (notch it out) a bit under the seat for the clips/straps to fit without binding up the way the seat mounts (if you decide to mount it under the seat). I didn't want to hack into mine. The Enduro saddlebags on mine I mount under the seat without any notching, and I have left them there. Makes it harder to rip off as they have to undo the seat to remove them. Wolfman saddlebags - Enduro E-10 vs Enduro 61865

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman saddlebags - Enduro E-10 vs Enduro   Wolfman saddlebags - Enduro E-10 vs Enduro EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 12:27 pm

Here is a pic of the E-10's on the bike and loaded pretty heavy. (Note: I run the straps over the top of the seat and not underneath)

[url=Wolfman saddlebags - Enduro E-10 vs Enduro SAM_0362][/url]

Here is another of the right side, but I don't think there was much in the bag at the time the photo was taken.

[url=Wolfman saddlebags - Enduro E-10 vs Enduro BigBendReady][/url]
Back to top Go down
john92

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman saddlebags - Enduro E-10 vs Enduro   Wolfman saddlebags - Enduro E-10 vs Enduro EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 2:04 pm

How long of a trip are you guys on when running all these bags? I'm just wondering because the single track I usually ride wouldn't really allow for any side additions to the bike. Are you guys with all these bags running alot of open stuff? or just SQUEEZING through the tight stuff?
Back to top Go down
Krabill

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman saddlebags - Enduro E-10 vs Enduro   Wolfman saddlebags - Enduro E-10 vs Enduro EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 5:49 pm

The saddlebags are narrower than the handlebars. If you're saying you ride singletrack so narrow that your handlebars won't fit through, then you've got bigger problems than carrying saddlebags and should be on a 200 2-stroke enduro bike, not a dual sport.
Back to top Go down
john92

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman saddlebags - Enduro E-10 vs Enduro   Wolfman saddlebags - Enduro E-10 vs Enduro EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 6:19 pm

There are times that I need to wiggle my bars through trees but I'm sure it's just a matter of getting used to whatever bag setup you have on there. Also, almost everyone I ride with does have a 2-stroke enduro bike so my WRR pretty much gets treated as one and taken everywhere that they go but I also get to ride to the events/trail starts as well. Very happy
Back to top Go down
1moreroad

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman saddlebags - Enduro E-10 vs Enduro   Wolfman saddlebags - Enduro E-10 vs Enduro EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 4:07 pm

okdq wrote:
Here is a pic of the E-10's on the bike and loaded pretty heavy. (Note: I run the straps over the top of the seat and not underneath)

Here is another of the right side, but I don't think there was much in the bag at the time the photo was taken.

[url=Wolfman saddlebags - Enduro E-10 vs Enduro BigBendReady][/url]

So you can sit the saddlebags on the heat shield and nothing melts?
Back to top Go down
okdq

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman saddlebags - Enduro E-10 vs Enduro   Wolfman saddlebags - Enduro E-10 vs Enduro EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 4:55 pm

1moreroad wrote:
So you can sit the saddlebags on the heat shield and nothing melts?

No problems with heat. The bags have a rubberized underside that I assume is heat resistant but I don't know that for sure. The bags will rub the finish off of the heat shield tho.
Back to top Go down
jimrobinette

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman saddlebags - Enduro E-10 vs Enduro   Wolfman saddlebags - Enduro E-10 vs Enduro EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 7:57 pm

I don't have a picture handy but I have mine strapped to the frame tube vice passenger peg. Also, my rear loop tied to the PMB rack has more length to it, allowing the front to reach the frame tube. Keeps it a little more off the heat shield, as I was concerned about that.

What Wolfman tail bag is that in the picture?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman saddlebags - Enduro E-10 vs Enduro   Wolfman saddlebags - Enduro E-10 vs Enduro EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 8:20 pm

Looks like a Peak. I have one. My Enduro bags sit right against my Q4 and nothing has melted, even on 100 mile+ rides. It's not as hot as I thought it was gonna be. Wolfman saddlebags - Enduro E-10 vs Enduro 61865

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman saddlebags - Enduro E-10 vs Enduro   Wolfman saddlebags - Enduro E-10 vs Enduro EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 9:10 pm

jimrobinette wrote:
What Wolfman tail bag is that in the picture?

SheWolf is correct it's a Peak tail bag. In the photo with the bag expanded it is holding a 1 1/2 gal gas can inside.

Hijack - how the heck do you multi-quote?
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman saddlebags - Enduro E-10 vs Enduro   Wolfman saddlebags - Enduro E-10 vs Enduro EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 3:56 pm

My enduro bags also sit right on the muffler with no issue. Make sure nothing touches the end cap however, that gets really REALLY hot, have the melted plastic and burn on my arm to prove it.

For me the Enduro saddlebags (I have the old style because they were significantly discounted after being superceeded by the E-10's) with a good tail bag (Kriega US-20 for me) make a perfect compact travel setup.
Back to top Go down
Ozy

Ozy

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman saddlebags - Enduro E-10 vs Enduro   Wolfman saddlebags - Enduro E-10 vs Enduro EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 6:30 pm

Thanks all for your input but it didn't really matter in the end as my local distributor here in Oz didn't have any of the older style Enduro's in stock anyway Shog but after seeing the installation video on the Wolfman website and the fact that the distributor actually has two R2s himself I'm happy with the E-10 and ordered them along with a tank bag yesterday Very happy .
Back to top Go down
picard

picard

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman saddlebags - Enduro E-10 vs Enduro   Wolfman saddlebags - Enduro E-10 vs Enduro EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 4:37 pm

You will like them I've used them a lot on longer trips ans they fit great, no heat issues, they are just hard to clean - I gave up on that. I also have a peak tail bag on a slotted rack made by Flatland racing.
They will rub off all the "paint" from your exhaust shields. Doesn't bother me but if it bothers you you could put some #M film on it or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Medski

Medski

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman saddlebags - Enduro E-10 vs Enduro   Wolfman saddlebags - Enduro E-10 vs Enduro EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 5:36 pm

The Q4 is not as hot as the stock exhaust, though, I've burned a bit of one of my non-wolfman bag on it a tad, it was however misplaced and was touching the exhaust directly. As long as its not touching the exhaust directly yhere shouldnt be an issue i think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman saddlebags - Enduro E-10 vs Enduro   Wolfman saddlebags - Enduro E-10 vs Enduro Empty

Back to top Go down

Wolfman saddlebags - Enduro E-10 vs Enduro
Page 1 of 1