Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

another help ? bike wont start

Go down 
+7
0007onWR
PooTeeTat
f3joel
Medski
georgis4
SheWolf
foxxracer278
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Hertz

Hertz

another help ? bike wont start - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: another help ? bike wont start   another help ? bike wont start - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 11:18 am

I am currently dealing with this problem. As soon as I take the bike out of the shed it will start right up and I can ride all day until I shut it off. Once I go to start it again I either get no noise from the pump at all or it starts strong and dies out. In either case the bike won't start. With no noise it doesn't even try however with a little it will sputter for a second then die. Makes sense if you think about the noise as how much fuel it's sending to the engine.

I personally attribute this problem to heat. Like I said once I bring it out of my nice cool shed it starts strong. If it were winter I doubt I would have this problem. I've left the bike sit out in the sun on a hot day for about 2 hours after riding and it still wouldn't start. But, put it in a cool place, I'll be riding again in 20 minutes.
Back to top Go down
foxxracer278

foxxracer278

PostSubject: Re: another help ? bike wont start   another help ? bike wont start - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 11:23 am

hertz thats just what i have like i just took it out for a 20 min trail ride. o and by the way i beat this piss out of my bike when i ride. so it heats up real quick. once it heats up it dies out on me. why would the pump some times make noises ? and not other times
Back to top Go down
foxxracer278

foxxracer278

PostSubject: Re: another help ? bike wont start   another help ? bike wont start - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 11:27 am

also just to add in i feel as if my bike does not get enough fuel when riding could it just be a crack in the line or would this be from the pump just not sending enough pressure ?
Back to top Go down
Hertz

Hertz

PostSubject: Re: another help ? bike wont start   another help ? bike wont start - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 12:13 pm

Foxxracer I would attribute it to the pump once again. I haven't noticed anything like that but I haven't rode much because of my pump and the attempted heist that was made on my WR (I've been waiting on a new ignition). I've never had the bike shut off on me either. It seems like once its running its good to go. I think I read somewhere about people reporting this though. And if that can happen then I wouldn't rule out the possibility of a bad pump under supplying the engine. I wouldn't worry about the lines if I were you, just that damn pump.

If you don't mind, what's your build date and the last four digits of your VIN?
Back to top Go down
foxxracer278

foxxracer278

PostSubject: Re: another help ? bike wont start   another help ? bike wont start - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 3:12 pm

so went to the shop ti get my new pump they had to order it he gave me it for $200 thats 100 off retail would rather have it for free but its what he gave me
Back to top Go down
Hertz

Hertz

PostSubject: Re: another help ? bike wont start   another help ? bike wont start - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 5:51 pm

I would like to just order one but I bought the YES warranty because with my luck and it being a new bike I figured it would come in handy. I was getting ready to call the dealer and make an appt when the one morning i went out to find someone tried to start my bike with a screw driver. The fucker got no further than costing me 150 for parts. Now I gotta fix that before I can pursue a new fuel pump.

Let us know how it goes.
Back to top Go down
foxxracer278

foxxracer278

PostSubject: Re: another help ? bike wont start   another help ? bike wont start - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 8:54 pm

yeh i will let u know.
Back to top Go down
10Cup

10Cup

PostSubject: Kill switch?   another help ? bike wont start - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 8:54 pm

Not being a smart ass here but did you check the kill switch? The fuel pump does not work with this switch in the off position.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: another help ? bike wont start   another help ? bike wont start - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 9:39 pm

It dies on him when he rides too.

foxxracer278

PostSubject: Re: another help ? bike wont start   another help ? bike wont start - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 10:37 pm

he said yamaha will never say they made a crap product but he said they had 15 bikes come back to him from 08 all with the same prob
Back to top Go down
Skeandhu

Skeandhu

PostSubject: Re: another help ? bike wont start   another help ? bike wont start - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 9:49 pm

Kind of silly, but did you check the battery leads? If there's a flaky/loose contact, it could cause issues...

Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
foxxracer278

foxxracer278

PostSubject: Re: another help ? bike wont start   another help ? bike wont start - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 10:38 pm

looked at the when i checked the charge
Back to top Go down
foxxracer278

foxxracer278

PostSubject: Re: another help ? bike wont start   another help ? bike wont start - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 11:21 pm

got around today to putting my fuel pump in pretty easy fix. and i road the damn this hard. the bike runs so much better just from pulling out of first gear it feels way stronger and faster. the bike is all fixed now. the fuel pump was the prob i called up my bud at the shop and he is refunding me $100
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: another help ? bike wont start   another help ? bike wont start - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 11:51 pm

Awesome!!! another help ? bike wont start - Page 2 525406

foxxracer278

PostSubject: Re: another help ? bike wont start   another help ? bike wont start - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 12:57 am

yeh i no now i just need to map my bike and get my new sprocket. but hope my prob helped out other guys who had the same deal.
Back to top Go down
foxxracer278

foxxracer278

PostSubject: Re: another help ? bike wont start   another help ? bike wont start - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 12:58 am

one more thing its very easy to strip the bolts under the tank so watch out
Back to top Go down
PooTeeTat

PooTeeTat

PostSubject: Re: another help ? bike wont start   another help ? bike wont start - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 2:39 pm

My bike is now cutting out when hot. I rode for about 10 miles WOT before it started acting up.
Still idles, but won't accelerate.
I'm confident it's the fuel pump.
I'm taking into the dealership tomorrow for warranty.
I'll post up results.
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: another help ? bike wont start   another help ? bike wont start - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 4:49 am

Hate to hear that. What's the build date? Good luck with the dealer.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: another help ? bike wont start   another help ? bike wont start - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

another help ? bike wont start
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2