Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

ECU modifications

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom

ECU modifications Empty
PostSubject: ECU modifications   ECU modifications EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 10:13 am

Is there anyone who knows something about Yamaha WRR ECUs? I mean communication protocols, schematic, processor types etc? I think I will try to download firmware and disassemble it (I have some experiences with digital electronics, but don't have any experience with ECUs). It can be interesting to make some
adjustments in maps manually and eventually make interface and pc program for map editing. Can anybody provide me informations and advice?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

ECU modifications Empty
PostSubject: Re: ECU modifications   ECU modifications EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 10:26 am

All I have is the service manual in PDF...not sure if that will help. dunno

ECU modifications Empty
PostSubject: Re: ECU modifications   ECU modifications EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 11:30 am

Tom wrote:
Is there anyone who knows something about Yamaha WRR ECUs? I mean communication protocols, schematic, processor types etc? I think I will try to download firmware and disassemble it (I have some experiences with digital electronics, but don't have any experience with ECUs). It can be interesting to make some
adjustments in maps manually and eventually make interface and pc program for map editing. Can anybody provide me informations and advice?

Yeah, buy a Power Commander II USB fuel programmer and call it a day. You can modify fuel maps to your hearts content with it.
Back to top Go down
Tom

ECU modifications Empty
PostSubject: Re: ECU modifications   ECU modifications EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 12:25 pm

Machtig wrote:
Tom wrote:

Yeah, buy a Power Commander II USB fuel programmer and call it a day. You can modify fuel maps to your hearts content with it.
Looks like good device, but they claims not for EU units with O2 sensor :(
Is this device able to read original map from ECU?
Back to top Go down
oldirt

oldirt

ECU modifications Empty
PostSubject: Re: ECU modifications   ECU modifications EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 2:50 pm

Yeah, buy a Power Commander II USB fuel programmer and call it a day. You can modify fuel maps to your hearts content with it.[/quote]
Looks like good device, but they claims not for EU units with O2 sensor :(
Is this device able to read original map from ECU?[/quote]

You might check out the new PC v (5), They list them for the 09's. I don't think any of them will show you a "stock" mapping, they do however alter your final map. I suppose you could try "erasing" the pre loaded map, plug in and ask it to save map. But I'm not sure that would work, it may only show a "zero" map. Interesting thought.

I would like to see the factory map, mainly to see if it is actually tied in to the EXUP servo and at what points it will rich or lean in relationship to the open/close of the exhaust flap. Also, what does the ECU do when the AIS system kicks in. Most of us have removed all of this clutter, so if any of these components that are wired in to the harness as any effect on the ECU, what might we change (if possible) to truly open up these bikes for max efficiecny and performance.
UMM ?? dunno
Back to top Go down
BluePill

BluePill

ECU modifications Empty
PostSubject: Re: ECU modifications   ECU modifications EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 6:28 pm

Manufacturers are quite secretive about their proprietary code. They feel that it amounts to a trade secret (much as Microsoft, etc. protect their source code) that they spent a bunch of time and money developing. Vehicle manufacturers also have the added excuse of emissions compliance to keep the open source community at bay. The external boxes that use "hooking" strategy to modify the ECU's I/O are probably the best solution to improving parameters. Keep in mind that any modifications that result in mixtures richer than 14:1 can easily melt the catalyst in the stock muffler, and without an oxygen sensor it isn't easy to know what the mixture is. Of course, replacing the muffler with aftermarket makes this a non-issue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ECU modifications Empty
PostSubject: Re: ECU modifications   ECU modifications Empty

Back to top Go down

ECU modifications
Page 1 of 1