Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Hi from Singapore!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Hi from Singapore! Empty
PostSubject: Hi from Singapore!   Hi from Singapore! EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 1:09 pm

Greetings from Sunny Singapore!

Well, i don't own a WR yet but am doing some research... it's such a good looking bike... :p

Just wondering, can the height be adjusted or is cutting the foam the best way forward for shorter riders? (I'm 5'8"...).

ANy suggestions? Just love the bike except for the height...

Tks!
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

Hi from Singapore! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Singapore!   Hi from Singapore! EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 4:54 pm

Welcome to the group. There is another guy here from Singapore too. I'm sure he will chime in later.

As for lowering the bike, there is about 1 inch of lowering built into the rear shock, and then you can buy a YamaLink to get an additional inch for a total of two inches lowering. You can also raise the front forks in the triple tree to help too. If that isn't enough, there are some lower seats available from a few manufactures already, but they are not cheap. Or just do a custom foam job and recover it.
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

Hi from Singapore! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Singapore!   Hi from Singapore! EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 6:48 pm

Welcome, Hi! ^what he said.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Hi from Singapore! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Singapore!   Hi from Singapore! EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 8:32 pm

Welcome to the pack! thumb MTB is around somewhere with his dirty X. Very happy
I've lowered mine a total of 4 inches, and I'm 5'4". Never touched the seat. Well, I did, but it wasn't to shave it...I installed a seat heater so I can be as hot as Mark is. wink

mwakey

Hi from Singapore! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Singapore!   Hi from Singapore! EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 9:10 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Welcome to the pack! thumb MTB is around somewhere with his dirty X. Very happy
I've lowered mine a total of 4 inches, and I'm 5'4". Never touched the seat. Well, I did, but it wasn't to shave it...I installed a seat heater so I can be as hot as Mark is. wink

How did you get 4 inches down?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Hi from Singapore! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Singapore!   Hi from Singapore! EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 9:12 pm

1 inch with the stock shock mount screwed all the way in. Another 2 inches with the Yamalink. 1 inch sliding the forks thru the triple clamps. 1 inch after I set the sag all the way. thumb

mwakey

Hi from Singapore! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Singapore!   Hi from Singapore! EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 9:19 pm

The YamaLink only gives you one inch. The additional inch is from the shock adjustment. I have the YamaLink too. It only gives you an extra inch.

From the web site: "...almost 2 inches closer to the ground when combined with the stock lowering option..."

http://www.motorcycleloweringlinks.com/index.php?content=yamaha-lowering-link-wr250xr
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Hi from Singapore! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Singapore!   Hi from Singapore! EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 9:22 pm

Then the ruler fairy gave me an extra inch. freaky What can I say. I measured the seat height before I did it, and then after everything was all said and done. 4 inches. dunno

mtb

Hi from Singapore! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Singapore!   Hi from Singapore! EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 9:51 pm

Someone called? wink wink wink

Hey falconone... Are you someone I know? wink wink wink

I am 5'8" to 5'9"... and with the stock height adjustment, I am quite happy with it wink
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Hi from Singapore! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Singapore!   Hi from Singapore! EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 10:00 pm

Told you the guy would be along soon. Very happy

Hi from Singapore! Empty
PostSubject: ..   Hi from Singapore! EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 3:14 pm

Thanks all for the replies! Really appreciate it!

Wow! There is hope yet! Lowevering by 4" is quite a bit!

MTB - not sure if we've met... i'm quite a newbie biker...

:p
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

Hi from Singapore! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Singapore!   Hi from Singapore! EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 7:48 am

falconone wrote:
Thanks all for the replies! Really appreciate it!

Wow! There is hope yet! Lowevering by 4" is quite a bit!

MTB - not sure if we've met... i'm quite a newbie biker...

:p

hmmm... so where ya usually hang out?

Slack? SBF? SupermotoSG? wink
Back to top Go down

Hi from Singapore! Empty
PostSubject: ...   Hi from Singapore! EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 10:16 am

sbf... slack has not cleared me... so can't read most of the forums... :(

u?
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

Hi from Singapore! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Singapore!   Hi from Singapore! EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 12:02 am

I am all over the place beavis beavis

when are you getting the bike, if at all?
Back to top Go down

Hi from Singapore! Empty
PostSubject: ..   Hi from Singapore! EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 1:15 pm

still considering... when to hong leong the other day to see it again... it is rather high compard to the x... and expensive... but it looks so cool... :p

considering carefully...
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

Hi from Singapore! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Singapore!   Hi from Singapore! EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 9:39 pm

Take your time...

if you want any extra information and want to touch and feel the bike personally, drop by Speedzone on Sat (late afternoon of course)... I will be there most of the time wink
Back to top Go down

Hi from Singapore! Empty
PostSubject: ...   Hi from Singapore! EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 1:21 pm

er, where's speedzone? i'm new to the scene..

Shog
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

Hi from Singapore! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Singapore!   Hi from Singapore! EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 9:43 pm

Hi from Singapore! Speedzone

That should do it wink
Back to top Go down

Hi from Singapore! Empty
PostSubject: .   Hi from Singapore! EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 3:35 pm

Tks bro! Will try make it...

:)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hi from Singapore! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Singapore!   Hi from Singapore! Empty

Back to top Go down