Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Bikes that you gave up

Go down 
+17
jason meacham
dc4stroke
cannon
calico jack
rider213
dtx
deerHater
Captain Midnight
galland1
wjfawb0
X-Racer
taoshum
inspector
SheWolf
Mr.Metal
aaronhall555
yellowredlight
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Bikes that you gave up - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bikes that you gave up   Bikes that you gave up - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 10:48 pm

Well, sort of. My super well farkled 2003 KLR650 was totaled out in mid July.

Following that, I read the monster thread over a couple of months and figured I'd give the WR250R or X a try.

I love my WRX! It's outfitted for dualsport use and works excellent.

I don't miss the KLR at all. dunno I'm a skinny lightweight and the KLR was WAY too top heavy for me. The WRX literally doubled my ability offroad and I even like it better onroad! Maybe it would be more accurate to say: "The WRX removed KLR design problems that were handicapping me." I ride like I'm 18 again... gotta watch that no fear attitude when in the rough stuff!

The icing on the cake: I have about $2,000 less in my WRX than I had in my KLR yet it outperforms it in every area! Well, except as a 2 wheeled 3/4 ton truck!

No offense intended to any of my former brethren, the KLRistas. "...just the facts, ma'am..."

No lookin' back here! Of 14 bikes I've owned, the WRX is the most fun. Not nearly the most powerful; that'd go to "the insane crotch rocket". But definitely the most fun! beavis

BigFeet

Back to top Go down
sr1

PostSubject: Re: Bikes that you gave up   Bikes that you gave up - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 8:11 am

Yup, sure did.

I had a 2005 Sprint 1050 that once I also had a GS, I just never rode. In all actuality, I can man up and say the Sprint was just too much bike for me, and after a season riding the GS the Sprint would just spook the f*** (can I say that on this forum?) outta me. I upgraded the suspension, but still just wasn't comfortable on it anymore, after my Germanic conversion. The bike was awesome, just too awesome for me. The wave of torque...and the speed...OMG it was a rocket.

I traded it for a WR250X...the old owner bike still even lurk here, I don't know. Either way, I can admit that that bike was over the top, and I just didn't rise to that level, honestly. I sure did try...I put over 27,000 on her on my own, including a cross-country trip. I remember "speed testing" some soft luggage in the Oklahoma panhandle, heading West. I had a Givi top box, large saddlebags, and some camping gear. I can report that the bike can easily top 135 in those conditions, and have MUCH more throttle to go, and LEAP when the grip's twisted. Not that I'd ever go over the legal speed limit, of course. dunno

Bikes that you gave up - Page 2 233690145_tA9AF-L
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: Bikes that you gave up   Bikes that you gave up - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 11:08 pm

cannon wrote:
That Speed Triple is unreal! I love the look of those bikes.

I just sold my Honda 599 and am currently in bike limbo until I pick up the 250x this weekend. Limbo sucks.

Here is the 599...great bike:

599 is a great bike .. is that an 06? I had one just like it thumb traded it though for my WR Very happy

Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Bikes that you gave up   Bikes that you gave up - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 2:34 pm

sold this to get my 250x

Bikes that you gave up - Page 2 VTR011

i dont even wanna start on what bikes you used to have........... baldy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bikes that you gave up   Bikes that you gave up - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bikes that you gave up
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2