Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

EFI on MX Bikes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gatorfan

gatorfan

EFI on MX Bikes Empty
PostSubject: EFI on MX Bikes   EFI on MX Bikes EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 9:37 pm

The 2014 YZ250F is fuel injected which is all the rage with MX bikes now.

I didn't think EFI was going to make it to the MX world d/t the rapid decel you get when you close the throttle.

Do manufacturers somehow reduce/eliminate this for MX bikes or is EFI for MX one of those market driven bad ideas?

The 2014 sure looks pretty .... EFI YZ
Back to top Go down
paramud

EFI on MX Bikes Empty
PostSubject: Re: EFI on MX Bikes   EFI on MX Bikes EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 2:42 am

If you dont like engine braking on a bike you can get the ECU reflashed to get rid of it.

I know that r1,r6,ect modern sport bikes are fully adjustable.

As for MX and EFI, no clue.
Back to top Go down
miniceptor86

EFI on MX Bikes Empty
PostSubject: Re: EFI on MX Bikes   EFI on MX Bikes EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 10:40 am

The "rapid decel" I think you are referring to on street EFI is a harsh on off throttle transition and has to do with tuning for emissions rather than an inherant trait of EFI. With EFI fuel flow can be shut off completely at closed throttle and high engine rpm to eliminate a lean fuel condition that allows unburned fuel to escape out the exhaust in carbureted motors. the mixture is too lean to burn properly in the combustion chamber and collects in the exhaust system until it becomes rich enough to ignite and pop pop pop! That is before catalytic converters. The harsh on off throttle can be tuned out by various means on street bikes and probably was never an issue on non emission regulated competition bikes.

Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

EFI on MX Bikes Empty
PostSubject: Re: EFI on MX Bikes   EFI on MX Bikes EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 5:11 pm

miniceptor86 wrote:
The "rapid decel" I think you are referring to on street EFI is a harsh on off throttle transition and has to do with tuning for emissions rather than an inherant trait of  EFI.  With EFI fuel flow can be shut off completely at closed throttle and high engine rpm to eliminate a lean fuel condition that allows unburned fuel to escape out the exhaust in carbureted motors.  the mixture is too lean to burn properly in the combustion chamber and collects in the exhaust system until it becomes rich enough to ignite and pop pop pop!   That is before catalytic converters. The harsh on off throttle can be tuned out by various means on street bikes and probably was never an issue on non emission regulated competition bikes.

Thank you sir - that's perfect.

The bad news is now I have to have a fuel injected MX bike. The list grows.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

EFI on MX Bikes Empty
PostSubject: Re: EFI on MX Bikes   EFI on MX Bikes Empty

Back to top Go down

EFI on MX Bikes
Page 1 of 1