Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Religion - which one is "the best"?

Go down 
+30
BuilderBob
IndigoWolf
trav72
resqman911
adamoto
Akasy
mordicai
mash100
Medski
BWA
stumo
deerHater
0007onWR
rydnseek
andrewlat
f3joel
SteveO
rokka
Chief_Lee_Visceral
Captain Midnight
Dancamp
aaronhall555
SpiritWolf15
Jersey Devil
superbee24
Jäger
Tammy
taoshum
SheWolf
motokid
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
motokid
motokid

Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion - which one is "the best"?   Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 12:15 pm

Dancamp wrote:

And to answer Motokid's question. We are on a motorcycle's forum. Most of the people that come on this kind of forum want to read and write about it.

Off Topic

Not Bike Related? Post it Here!

Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 2 61865

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Religion - which one is "the best"?   Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 12:34 pm

I guess it's all in how its worded, although sometimes even that can get taken out of context. It would be like me telling Captain Midnight that people who follow Jesus are a bunch of morons (hypothetical scenario). It might come out of me as an 'opinion', but he might take it as a personal attack (or someone else who feels that way).
My views on religion pretty much go with my opinion that the big 'religion' sects are corrupted and full of bullshit. My views on politics are that they are all a bunch of lying cocksuckers out to line their own pockets on the expense of everyone else. Again, my opinion. I don't have a problem explaining how I feel. Pretty mcuh everyone knows I call shit as I see it and am not afraid to do so. Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 2 851577 That being said, not everyone sees humor in things I find funny, even with religion based areas. Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 2 29721 I would have to say mostly is to respect everyone in their views. We may not all agree on things, but that's what makes us all unique. Not eunuch. Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 2 640571 Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 2 93746

PostSubject: Re: Religion - which one is "the best"?   Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 12:59 pm

motokid wrote:
Dancamp wrote:

And to answer Motokid's question. We are on a motorcycle's forum. Most of the people that come on this kind of forum want to read and write about it.

Off Topic

Not Bike Related? Post it Here!

Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 2 61865

I was stating that just to explain why many people wouldn't get in these discussions in this forum. It's not because they are not interested to discuss it here that they are not at ease to discuss it.

I don't have the gift of mind reading so I can't say why people don't want to discuss about religion here. I can only explain my point of view I don't think that because someone doesn't write about it is because of this or that. The freedoom of expression is also the freedoom of no expression. Who's there to judge ?

Last edited by Dancamp on Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
aaronhall555

aaronhall555

PostSubject: Re: Religion - which one is "the best"?   Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 1:14 pm

Dancamp wrote:
I was stating that just to explain why many people wouldn't not get in these discussions in this forum. It's not because they are not interested to discuss it here that they are not at ease to discuss it.

Looks like it's kind of a popular "off topic" to me. Religion fascinates me, and sometimes it's good to push people out of their comfort zone, opens the mind a little, makes ya think..... thinking is good and killing time on your favorite forum is amusing. :)
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Religion - which one is "the best"?   Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 1:20 pm

Amazing what kind of amusement comes from sticks and wasp nests. Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 2 851577 Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 2 613970

PostSubject: Re: Religion - which one is "the best"?   Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 1:44 pm

My religion usually comes in short bursts. I usually stop, reflect, let the shaking stop and then ride on.
Back to top Go down
Dancamp

PostSubject: Re: Religion - which one is "the best"?   Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 1:49 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Amazing what kind of amusement comes from sticks and wasp nests. Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 2 851577 Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 2 613970

I learned it when I was 5. I did exacly that, put a stick in the nest's hole. Guess what, I've been stinged just above my right eye. Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 2 810411

As a student I worked in a poultry house. When we checked the eggs we had a pail where we discarded the bad eggs. The fun was to stir the pail when leaving the inspection station. The smell that lifted after the stir was at least anoying to those who were still working beside the pail. Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 2 379944
Back to top Go down
rokka

rokka

PostSubject: Amish   Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 1:52 pm

I was brougth upp in a family were the religon was Lestadius(mild). Its a sort of scandinavian kind of amish people . Today i dont belong to no religon att all. I left the swedish state curch. I respect other peoples choice. But i think that religon mixed up with politics is no god. Secular is the word to describe me i think. What makes you happy, stick with that.

Last edited by rokka on Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aaronhall555

aaronhall555

PostSubject: Re: Religion - which one is "the best"?   Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 1:53 pm

@dancamp: EWWWWW puke
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Religion - which one is "the best"?   Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 7:21 pm

That's too funny. Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 2 93746 I still remember when I cellophaned under the toilet seat at a place I worked at. The manager went in there (actually ran in there) to use it. Is Jesus Fucking Christ a new prayer? I swear it sure could have been that day. Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 2 810411

SpiritWolf15

PostSubject: Re: Religion - which one is "the best"?   Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 1:36 am

SheWolf wrote:

Sometimes I think it's just better to soak said "nests" in lighter fluid and throw a match.
Back to top Go down
Dancamp

PostSubject: Re: Religion - which one is "the best"?   Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 5:57 am

Tibarus wrote:

Sometimes I think it's just better to soak said "nests" in lighter fluid and throw a match.

The first part of the operation is the risky one, soaking it. When the nest is small you can always take a jar slide it under the nest and then unstick the nest from it's place so it falls in the jar. When the nest is big, it's another story. You can always take a bag but make sure your operation is quick cause the wasps are fasto to make holes through paper or plastic bags. hide
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Religion - which one is "the best"?   Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 8:33 am

These kinds of threads, much like horrible car accidents, are the kind where you don't want to look - but you just can't help yourself.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Religion - which one is "the best"?   Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 9:03 am

You know...whe you seriously sit back and look at it, all religions in general are responsible for the problems on this planet, IE: apathy, or extremism. The world would be a better place without it if people could keep this shit to themselves. Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes Religion won't put food on your table, keep a roof over your head, find you a job, won't stop your family members from dying, and all the day to day maladies that affect out lives, negatively or positively. Believing in yourself will get you a lot further in life than believing in a 'fairy tale' made up to help you sleep better at night. Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 2 61865 If you believe in God, you might as well believe in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny or the tooth fairy. Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 2 810411 No more far fetched. Religion, all to easily, turns into a crutch for the weak, and weak minded, just like booze and drugs. I know the howls of indignation that will ensue, but there's not one single person on this planet, that can prove the existence of a 'higher force' that is guiding us. Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 2 619190 Food for thought.

motokid

PostSubject: Re: Religion - which one is "the best"?   Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 9:50 am

Okay, I'll gladly play Devil's Advocate. Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 2 93746

There's plenty of jobs in religion.

Religious groups create, organize, and run charities that feed and help people all over the world.

Religions help people through very tough emotional times.

The placebo effect I mentioned in another post can't be ignored.

"Faith" can't be quantified or qualified.

Can you prove a god or gods does NOT exist?

At one point not that long ago all men believed the earth was flat and was the center of the universe. So what we think we know today, can be easily changed tomorrow.

The conflicts caused by religion does indeed point to a great deal of hypocrisy among the groups and within their teachings, but you can't ignore the good that comes from many groups as well.

Not saying that without religion there would be no giving, charity, or help between man.

Just touching on some of your points.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Religion - which one is "the best"?   Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 12:01 pm

motokid wrote:

Can you prove a god or gods does NOT exist?

You show me a god in the flesh. I'll believe it when I see it.

Captain Midnight

PostSubject: Re: Religion - which one is "the best"?   Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 2:20 pm

motokid wrote:
Captain Midnight wrote:
Eternal life is a free gift from God, follow Jesus.

Do you think you'd feel the same way if you were born and raised in Iran?
If I new the truth, I would.
Or, would you more likely be praising Allah if that were the case?
They are forced to by their government. Even if they don't belive it.
And does it matter?
Yes. There really is a Heaven and Hell.
What if you were born in India and raised as a Hindu? Would Jesus still be the path to take?
Yes. Jesus is the only way. But everyone is encluded. Just ask.
What about "Native American Indians" born long before the "white man" came to this continent? Do those who never heard of Jesus, or a Christian God have eternal life?
Yes. Everyone will be given the oportunity to accept Him, or reject Him. Jesus can speak to everyone, in their own way. We are judged by what is in our hart.
No pressure to answer, just hoping to create discussion. Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 2 93746
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Religion - which one is "the best"?   Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 2:38 pm

Care to discuss your last post more Captain Midnight?

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
SpiritWolf15

SpiritWolf15

PostSubject: Re: Religion - which one is "the best"?   Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 5:44 pm

Captain Midnight wrote:
motokid wrote:
Captain Midnight wrote:
Eternal life is a free gift from God, follow Jesus.

Do you think you'd feel the same way if you were born and raised in Iran?
If I new the truth, I would.
Or, would you more likely be praising Allah if that were the case?
They are forced to by their government. Even if they don't belive it.
And does it matter?
Yes. There really is a Heaven and Hell.
What if you were born in India and raised as a Hindu? Would Jesus still be the path to take?
Yes. Jesus is the only way. But everyone is encluded. Just ask.
What about "Native American Indians" born long before the "white man" came to this continent? Do those who never heard of Jesus, or a Christian God have eternal life?
Yes. Everyone will be given the oportunity to accept Him, or reject Him. Jesus can speak to everyone, in their own way. We are judged by what is in our hart.
No pressure to answer, just hoping to create discussion. Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 2 93746

Is that the bleating of sheep I hear? Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 2 613970
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Religion - which one is "the best"?   Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 6:01 pm

As human beings, we've been given the gift of independent and creative thought. Whether this is a divine gift, or a product of evolution, why would you need such a gift if you're just going to follow the herd? It's rather useless. Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 2 29721 It's rather useless if you're just going to go by what ''the book'' says to live your life. The only sure way to find out who's right or wrong in this matter is when you die; and since nobody's come back to tell us otherwise... Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 2 810411 It leaves the whole matter open to debate. Considering all the religious faiths on this planet, and their differences, including the athiests, guess what? A whole bunch of people are going to be wrong! So I say again, are you prepared to admit to yourself, openly and honestly, that your entire faith could be absolutely wrong and completely misguided? What are you going to do if you're wrong? Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 2 Suspect Talk about a lunchbag letdown.

SpiritWolf15

PostSubject: Re: Religion - which one is "the best"?   Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 6:04 pm

SheWolf wrote:
As human beings, we've been given the gift of independent and creative thought. Whether this is a divine gift, or a product of evolution, why would you need such a gift if you're just going to follow the herd? It's rather useless. Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 2 29721 It's rather useless if you're just going to go by what ''the book'' says to live your life. The only sure way to find out who's right or wrong in this matter is when you die; and since nobody's come back to tell us otherwise... Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 2 810411 It leaves the whole matter open to debate. Considering all the religious faiths on this planet, and their differences, including the athiests, guess what? A whole bunch of people are going to be wrong! So I say again, are you prepared to admit to yourself, openly and honestly, that your entire faith could be absolutely wrong and completely misguided? What are you going to do if you're wrong? Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 2 Suspect Talk about a lunchbag letdown.

Exactly, for all we know, when you die here you simply start a new life in some parallel universe and people there die they start over here.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Religion - which one is "the best"?   Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 9:08 pm

How do you think the major religions of Earth might react if/when intelligent life is found outside our solar system?

What if the alien beings are far superior to us in every way?
What if they have an explanation of how things are "after death" that does not correspond with what the Earth people think?

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
SpiritWolf15

SpiritWolf15

PostSubject: Re: Religion - which one is "the best"?   Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 11:38 pm

motokid wrote:
How do you think the major religions of Earth might react if/when intelligent life is found outside our solar system?

What if the alien beings are far superior to us in every way?
What if they have an explanation of how things are "after death" that does not correspond with what the Earth people think?

The discovery of ANY non Earth based life (even bacteria) would in a flash discount every religion.
Back to top Go down
Captain Midnight

Captain Midnight

PostSubject: Re: Religion - which one is "the best"?   Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 2:11 am

motokid wrote:
Care to discuss your last post more Captain Midnight?

Yes, I would like that.
Back to top Go down
Captain Midnight

Captain Midnight

PostSubject: Re: Religion - which one is "the best"?   Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 2:16 am

[/quote]Is that the bleating of sheep I hear? Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 2 613970[/quote]

The referance to sheep is that God loves us so much, that He would die for each of us.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Religion - which one is "the best"?   Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Religion - which one is "the best"?
Page 2 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: General :: Off Topic-
Jump to: