Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Just bought one!

Go down 
+2
D-Rail
vgjunky
6 posters
AuthorMessage
vgjunky

Just bought one! Empty
PostSubject: Just bought one!   Just bought one! EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 5:37 pm

Just traded in my 09 CRF230L for a 10 WR250R. Can instantly notice the power and suspension difference. Should have gone with this bike in the first place. Anyhow, greetings from Trenton Ontario Canada . Glad to have found your site. I am sure you guys will be able to answer mod questions for me as I go along....
Back to top Go down
D-Rail

D-Rail

Just bought one! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just bought one!   Just bought one! EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 6:06 pm

Welcome to the addiction.I said the same thing about these little rockets.I also have the 2010 the gold forks are just too sexy.You gonna break in hard or soft ?? Just bought one! 379944
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Just bought one! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just bought one!   Just bought one! EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 6:12 pm

Woo! Another Canuck! Welcome to the pack. Just bought one! 61865

inspector

Just bought one! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just bought one!   Just bought one! EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 7:27 pm

Welcome, HI!
Back to top Go down
vgjunky

Just bought one! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just bought one!   Just bought one! EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 7:29 pm

D-Rail wrote:
Welcome to the addiction.I said the same thing about these little rockets.I also have the 2010 the gold forks are just too sexy.You gonna break in hard or soft ?? Just bought one! 379944

I am going to try and break it in soft....I hope I can do that....How many miles is the breakin period?
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

Just bought one! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just bought one!   Just bought one! EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 10:14 pm

The manual says something like only 1/2 throttle for the first 1000km and only 2/3 for the following 1600km. That's a long way on a little bike at half throttle. Hard to do that and seat the rings nicely. We're at about 400km on my wife's new WRX. I'm not a believer in babying a new engine too much, but I do think it's good to keep the revs down.

Welcome aboard.
Back to top Go down
galland1

galland1

Just bought one! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just bought one!   Just bought one! EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 11:30 am

My own slightly modified Motoman method for me. Have used it for 25 years. It works.

http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm
Back to top Go down
vgjunky

Just bought one! Empty
PostSubject: Cuisin   Just bought one! EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 12:44 pm

Went for my first cruise last evening. Got a whoppin 69km's on it now. Night and day compared to my CRF230l. I do have to remember I can't stand flat foot at the lights though, but the suspension isn't as bad height-wise as I thought it would be. Hit a dirt trail on the way to the RC flying field I use and gave it a little shot. The back tire kicks up some pretty good dirt. I thought it was cool, but my friend following me didn't (got a little dirt on his V-Strom 1000) lol... Lovin the bike, definitly a keeper...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Just bought one! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just bought one!   Just bought one! Empty

Back to top Go down

Just bought one!
Page 1 of 1