Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Did the mods, now the check engine light is on!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Fishinado

Fishinado

Did the mods, now the check engine light is on! Empty
PostSubject: Did the mods, now the check engine light is on!   Did the mods, now the check engine light is on! EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 1:36 am

Hi All,

I've got an '09 X, installed an FMF Powercore 4, powerbomb header, and Powercommander.

Removed, Exup valve cables and motor, and air box flapper assembly (box, solenoid, and cylinder).

Now the damn check engine light is on. How do I make that go away?
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Did the mods, now the check engine light is on!   Did the mods, now the check engine light is on! EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 5:39 am

click here for servo fix

I think it's because you removed the EXUP stuff. Did you simply just disconnect your cables that run from the EXUP servo (the motor over near the battery)? Or did you remove that servo motor too?

If you removed the servo you'll get a light.

There's a quick fix for that using a resistor, an expensive fix buying a piece from Graves, or a free fix by plugging the servo back in and calling it a day.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Mr.Metal

Mr.Metal

PostSubject: Re: Did the mods, now the check engine light is on!   Did the mods, now the check engine light is on! EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 11:06 am

What motokid said. It is almost certainly due to removing the EXUP motor and not replacing it with anything. There are at least 3 options out there, one much cheaper than the others. I personally went with a Steveakus servo sub and I'm perfectly happy with it.
Back to top Go down
WRoldman

WRoldman

PostSubject: Re: Did the mods, now the check engine light is on!   Did the mods, now the check engine light is on! EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 12:24 pm

Before you try any fix, it is a good idea to plug in the EXup motor to reset the code. That way you have a clean slate when you test your fix ( this has hung some people up). FTR I went the cheap resistor from Radio Shack fix that Kid referenced in the thread. Thanks to this site for that. I wasn't going to buy the module from Graves & I am happy not to have the un-needed weight of the motor.
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: Did the mods, now the check engine light is on!   Did the mods, now the check engine light is on! EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 2:25 pm

I've got the graves module, personally I'm happy to pay $50 to plug something in and forget about it.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Did the mods, now the check engine light is on!   Did the mods, now the check engine light is on! EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 4:08 pm

I was perfectly happy to leave the servo motor there.
It doesn't hurt anything.

Weight?? Maybe a pound? Who cares?

Plus, if I ever need/want to go back to stock exhaust it's much less work.
Why would I need that? To pass state noise level laws at inspection time.

Leaving it there is also mucho free.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Fishinado

Fishinado

PostSubject: Re: Did the mods, now the check engine light is on!   Did the mods, now the check engine light is on! EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 6:59 pm

Thank you everyone!

I figured that it was the servo.

I went with the Graves. Seems like the most solid solution.

I'm going to have the bike dyno tested, and will report the results after doing all these usual mods.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did the mods, now the check engine light is on!   Did the mods, now the check engine light is on! Empty

Back to top Go down

Did the mods, now the check engine light is on!
Page 1 of 1