Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New member in TN

Go down 
+3
SheWolf
inspector
TNkayaker
7 posters
AuthorMessage
TNkayaker

New member in TN Empty
PostSubject: New member in TN   New member in TN EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 12:25 pm

Hi all,

picked up a used WR250X this weekend that has been converted to an R model. Came pretty well loaded up with D606's, ProTaper bars and clamps, full FMF system with Q4 and power bomb, and PCIII programmer, 13-47 gearing, tail light and signal upgrade, rack. I upgraded to this after 5000 miles on an 08 XT250. This WR is really a blast! My speeds in the dirt yesterday were way up from what I could do on the XT. I am still tweeking the bike for my style and size, but mostly any future mods will be cosmetic. Previous owner had removed all the decals, and painted the side panels black. I like a bit more color myself. Any ideas on low cost replacement graphics? Also, the bike is still using the large supermoto front disc and caliper. As I ride in rocks sometimes, I would like to change it over to the R model front brake. Anybody swapped their bike the other way and want to trade brakes? Also, not a huge fan of the black frame and swingarm on the X, any ideas? Can I strip the paint off and have bare aluminum?

Looking forward to being a part of this great site. Been lurking for a while and enjoying it all.

Mark
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

New member in TN Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member in TN   New member in TN EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 2:00 pm

Welcome, HI!
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

New member in TN Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member in TN   New member in TN EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 6:15 pm

Welcome to the pack! Stripping the bike down to strip the black paint off the frame is pretty labor intensive. It's too bad you couldn't find a used R, would have saved a ton of crap.

New member in TN Empty
PostSubject: One idea for graphics... GYTR   New member in TN EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 10:54 pm

Hey, TN and welcome from one n00b to another! New member in TN 93746

Here are some graphics I like. Well, I actually LIKE SheWolf's monster graphics New member in TN 61865 , but I probably will want something a bit more tame or maybe "stock looking" is the description I'm looking for.

My thought was to get a set of black plastics from Wheeling Cycle and then put these graphics on from GYTR:

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modelsscitem500/5/596/2104/19710/2010/1/9655/0/main/0/itemdetail.aspx

I think the kit is fairly inexpensive, but I don't recall the exact amount at the moment. Maybe you can fish it up from the link above.

So if ya' do that, don't feel like I'm copyin' ya later. It was already planned.

There seem to be a lot of graphics kits out there - most look like ad packages like ya' see on sponsored race bikes. I actually like some of those a lot... Just most were too wild for my taste.

Post up some pics of yer new ride? Congrats on the new bike!

Artoo
Back to top Go down
TNkayaker

New member in TN Empty
PostSubject: Thank you   New member in TN EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 9:59 am

Thanks for the warm welcome and suggestions. I guess these things are all vanity at this point, as the bike is a blast to ride and will often be covered in mud anyway! Plus, the blue and black are pretty stealth and make it easier to sneak around the woods New member in TN 810411

I'll see if I can get a pic or two and post it up soon.

Mark
Back to top Go down
TNkayaker

New member in TN Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member in TN   New member in TN EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 12:38 pm

Hello again fellow addicts. I've been working a bit on the 08 WR250X/R that I picked up a few weeks ago. It was already well equipped, so I just added bar risers, Pro taper pillow top grips, and a new back tire. It also has dirt wheels from Wheeling cycle, D606 tires, 13/46 gearing and new chain, skidplate, FMF power bomb and Q4, PCIII, AIS and EXUP removed, pro taper YZ high contour bars and mounts, airbox mods, folding mirrors, Aceris handguards, rear rack, wolfman tankbag. Hmm, I think that's all New member in TN 525406

Anyhow, here's a pic. Hope it come out okay and not too large.

Mark

New member in TN IMAG0234
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

New member in TN Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member in TN   New member in TN EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 11:50 pm

Awesome looking bike, Mark! New member in TN 61865

New member in TN Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member in TN   New member in TN EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 5:04 pm

Mark,
Love those black rims!!! What part of Tennessee are we hailing from? I lived in Memphis for a few years.

Bruce
Back to top Go down
TNkayaker

New member in TN Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member in TN   New member in TN EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 10:00 am

I live in Cleveland, TN just a bit northeast of Chattanooga. We have lots of great forest service roads nearby, great twisties through the mountains, and even some dedicated single track riding areas.

After having the bike for a while and adding a few finishing touches, I am so glad after all that it is a converted X. I love the black frame and wheels now. My next farkle is the Sandman casesaver and sprocket cover, and then the IMS 3 gal tank.

Over the winter I plan on pulling the suspension and sending it to Go Race. We really only have maybe one month here where it gets too cold to ride, so it will be tough putting the bike down for even a couple of weeks.

Back to top Go down
SoupSandwich

SoupSandwich

New member in TN Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member in TN   New member in TN EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 10:54 am

Your bike looks awesome......... welcome to the clubhouse!!
Back to top Go down
dc4stroke

dc4stroke

New member in TN Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member in TN   New member in TN EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 12:17 am

Welcome aboard. Grapics choices are many and a matter of personal taste.

I'm surprised someone hasn't taken a set of plastic and had it dipped in MossyOak or something........... Would that make me a redneck?
Back to top Go down
wjfawb0

New member in TN Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member in TN   New member in TN EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 10:44 pm

I visit Chattanooga all the time. I use to live and work there (TVA). I'll have to get you to show me some of the good forest roads some time. Nice looking bike. My WR250R is still stock other than the rack and windshield.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New member in TN Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member in TN   New member in TN Empty

Back to top Go down

New member in TN
Page 1 of 1