Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

EFM Auto Clutch or Revloc?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

EFM Auto Clutch or Revloc? Empty
PostSubject: EFM Auto Clutch or Revloc?   EFM Auto Clutch or Revloc? EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 5:21 pm

EFM's website doesn't appear to list specific bike models, but they claim they can do an auto clutch on any model (dirt, street, etc) with 1 day turnaround. Their price on a dirt bike appears to be $600. They claim little to no maintenance like most autoclutch guys. EFM Auto Clutch or Revloc? 61865?

I may be reading it wrong or maybe we get a discount on Revloc? But it appears theirs will cost almost $900.

I think the difference is buying the whole basket/clutch assembly outright from Revloc versus EFM taking my stock assembly and converting it. 300 "clams" difference will buy a LOT of beer, so I can stand some turnaround time unless EFM's 1 day turnaround is not close to reality. EFM Auto Clutch or Revloc? Icon_scratch

Any reason EFM would not be as good as Revloc?

Your input greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Artoo

EFM Auto Clutch or Revloc? 942737
Back to top Go down
Machtig

PostSubject: Re: EFM Auto Clutch or Revloc?   EFM Auto Clutch or Revloc? EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 2:20 am

Artoo wrote:
EFM's website doesn't appear to list specific bike models, but they claim they can do an auto clutch on any model (dirt, street, etc) with 1 day turnaround. Their price on a dirt bike appears to be $600. They claim little to no maintenance like most autoclutch guys. EFM Auto Clutch or Revloc? 61865?

I may be reading it wrong or maybe we get a discount on Revloc? But it appears theirs will cost almost $900.

I think the difference is buying the whole basket/clutch assembly outright from Revloc versus EFM taking my stock assembly and converting it. 300 "clams" difference will buy a LOT of beer, so I can stand some turnaround time unless EFM's 1 day turnaround is not close to reality. EFM Auto Clutch or Revloc? Icon_scratch

Any reason EFM would not be as good as Revloc?

Your input greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Artoo

EFM Auto Clutch or Revloc? 942737

Who the hell is EFM?

The original Revloc is the only Revloc currently available for the WR250R/X, and last I checked was $600 or so. If you get the rear brake on handlebar option, that is additional, of course. There are at least two of us on this board with a Revloc and both are working flawlessly.

Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: EFM Auto Clutch or Revloc?   EFM Auto Clutch or Revloc? EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 9:25 am

Never heard of EFM. Recluse and RevLoc, but not that one. EFM Auto Clutch or Revloc? Icon_scratch

PostSubject: Re: EFM Auto Clutch or Revloc?   EFM Auto Clutch or Revloc? EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 7:34 pm

See my post on the other Revlock thread. The Revloc is only $595 after the $300 core charge is recovered.
I don't think anything can beat the Revloc quality.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EFM Auto Clutch or Revloc?   EFM Auto Clutch or Revloc? EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 12:05 pm

BigBird wrote:
See my post on the other Revlock thread. The Revloc is only $595 after the $300 core charge is recovered.
I don't think anything can beat the Revloc quality.

BigBird, thank you very much for the useful info! I just saw in Dual Sport Armory that a lot of the Revloc's are listed with a refundable core charge just as you said. WRR's aren't catalogued there yet, but I suspect they can get 'em. Or I'll just order direct.

The core charge looks common, so probably applies to the WRR's. That would resolve the discrepancy I'd noted between $900 and $600. I wasn't even gonna consider spending a grand on a clutch. $600 puts it right in the: "oh hell, that's too much money... but I guess I'll probably try it" zone.

Revloc's in Denver, so I may as well keep the dinero in my state.

EFM seems to be very well known, too. Get outta' yer caves, folks... EFM Auto Clutch or Revloc? 93746 Anyone interested can easily surf up their site.

Since the price is comparable after the core charge refund, I'd sooner use a setup that's proven than be the first "one off" fit-up of a WRR for EFM. Well, unk if that's true. They may have already done some; seems like a pretty high volume outfit. But ya' never know.

Artoo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EFM Auto Clutch or Revloc?   EFM Auto Clutch or Revloc? Empty

Back to top Go down

EFM Auto Clutch or Revloc?
Page 1 of 1