Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

is it bad to leave my chain loose?

Go down 
+7
simonpig
deerHater
john92
inspector
Mr.Metal
f3joel
NorgeWR2X
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mr.Metal

Mr.Metal

is it bad to leave my chain loose? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: is it bad to leave my chain loose?   is it bad to leave my chain loose? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 12:56 pm

I always use a torque wrench, but I still think 90 ft/lbs is way the hell too much for a rear axle. I'm sticking with 70 for now.

And I have one of those tire spoons / box wrench combos for both the front and rear wheel nuts. I just don't want to put 90 ft/lbs of pressure on my fingers trail side with that thing.

Akasy wrote:
Read the torque thread and you will see I'm an advocate for using a torque wrench--anyway--I agree that getting it loose trail side is a pain.
I went to Sears and got a 27mm open\box combo and cut off the open end then smoothed and rounded the cut. The result is a box end 27mm that will stay in place and long enough to give you the leverage you need to brake the nut loose and enough to tighten it at least close while on the side of the trail. No I don't carry a torque wrench on the trail Very happy
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: is it bad to leave my chain loose?   is it bad to leave my chain loose? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 2:25 pm

Mr.Metal wrote:
I always use a torque wrench, but I still think 90 ft/lbs is way the hell too much for a rear axle. I'm sticking with 70 for now.

And I have one of those tire spoons / box wrench combos for both the front and rear wheel nuts. I just don't want to put 90 ft/lbs of pressure on my fingers trail side with that thing.
Trail side you need to Macgyver something.

Look around, can you construct some sort of rudimentary lathe? Very happy
- a favorite line from the movie Galaxy Quest.
Back to top Go down
dtx

dtx

PostSubject: Re: is it bad to leave my chain loose?   is it bad to leave my chain loose? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 6:57 pm

fredett racing sell a riders wrench,the ends are correct so you dont have to carry two
Back to top Go down
Mr.Metal

Mr.Metal

PostSubject: Re: is it bad to leave my chain loose?   is it bad to leave my chain loose? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 11:54 pm

I have the Blue Ridge Racing spoons/wrenches, which are basically identical to the MotionPro ones.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: is it bad to leave my chain loose?   is it bad to leave my chain loose? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

is it bad to leave my chain loose?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2