Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

CO mode ground wire...leave it connected?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

CO mode ground wire...leave it connected? Empty
PostSubject: CO mode ground wire...leave it connected?   CO mode ground wire...leave it connected? EmptyWed May 15, 2013 1:37 pm

I've done my pipes & programmer and everything is wonderful except a slight off-idle stumble if I punch it (as in, to lift the wheel at 5 MPH to clear a log). It's pretty important to me, and research indicates that the 0-15% throttle fuel mix is easy to adjust by entering CO mode and tweaking it a bit.

Simple question though...should I disconnect the ground pin that enables the CO mode after I make my setting changes, or just leave it attached? Does it affect / hurt / help / modify any normal operation to leave it on there if I don't go through the startup sequence to enter CO mode?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
dmmcd

dmmcd

PostSubject: Re: CO mode ground wire...leave it connected?   CO mode ground wire...leave it connected? EmptyWed May 15, 2013 4:08 pm

Just leave it attached. It doesn't hurt anything to be there, and you may want to play with the settings some other time.
Back to top Go down
mucker

mucker

PostSubject: Re: CO mode ground wire...leave it connected?   CO mode ground wire...leave it connected? EmptyWed May 15, 2013 7:48 pm

I think I've heard that being a popular mod on the F model.
Not an issue on the R.
Back to top Go down
john westcott

john westcott

PostSubject: Same issue as OP   CO mode ground wire...leave it connected? EmptySun May 25, 2014 1:21 am

I get that stumble as well like when approaching a log to jump at low speed. I have the DJ432-411 programer and have never fooled with it. It was set up when I bought the bike 4 years ago. Can you adjust this on the fly just by pushing the buttons until you are happy?
Or do I need to hook it up to the computer?
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: CO mode ground wire...leave it connected?   CO mode ground wire...leave it connected? EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 8:50 am

I left mine hooked up.

You can adjust it on the fly if you put it in CO mode and ride around, thats how I set mine, once you turn the key off its out of CO mode so dont turn the key off while doing this.

You dont need any extra stuf at all to do this, this adjustment is in the stock computer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CO mode ground wire...leave it connected?   CO mode ground wire...leave it connected? Empty

Back to top Go down

CO mode ground wire...leave it connected?
Page 1 of 1