Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Modification sequence

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
blaisew

Modification sequence Empty
PostSubject: Modification sequence   Modification sequence EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 1:34 pm

I just returned from Colorado and while my stock WRR pulled me up everything I tackled, there were places that the horsepower was sorely lacking, and some places I was glad I didn't go. I was running a 47 rear and the stock 13 front sprocket. One guy had the 47 teamed with a 12 up front and it seemed to work better, but I don't want to go down that small up front. I suppose I could just go up some more teeth in the back, but something has to happen to make second and third more useable in the steep going. Much of the time I had to stay in 1st gear as it just wouldn't pull 2nd, much less 3rd. So, my question is what mods to do first and in what pairing.

The airbox can be opened up for starters, but I don't know how much power that will give. If I get rid of the Ex-UP does that have to be done with a new header and muffler? Advice appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Chief_Lee_Visceral

PostSubject: Re: Modification sequence   Modification sequence EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 1:39 pm

HF's Dyno - thank him

Over the winter I hope to get my Power Commander 3 dyno tuned.

Last edited by Chief_Lee_Visceral on Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
blaisew

PostSubject: Maybe the answer is in progress   Modification sequence EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 1:40 pm

I just noticed the EXUP Removal Disadvantage thread in the General Discussion forum, and it seems to address most of my questions. Still, feedback welcome.
Back to top Go down
Captain Midnight

Captain Midnight

PostSubject: Re: Modification sequence   Modification sequence EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 5:24 pm

Try to make the front sprocket easier to swap on the trail. I don't torque the nut quite so tight, and use safety wire to secure it. If if going to do some woods I'm more likley to change the front sprocket because now it is so easy. I'm running 12-13x45. seems to work good here in the NW.
Back to top Go down
seattlechronic

seattlechronic

PostSubject: Re: Modification sequence   Modification sequence EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 10:42 pm

Captain Midnight wrote:
Try to make the front sprocket easier to swap on the trail. I don't torque the nut quite so tight, and use safety wire to secure it. If if going to do some woods I'm more likley to change the front sprocket because now it is so easy. I'm running 12-13x45. seems to work good here in the NW.

Stock chain Capt?...Im in Bothell...We should ride...
Back to top Go down
Matty

Matty

PostSubject: Re: Modification sequence   Modification sequence EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 12:08 pm

where in Colorado were you???
Back to top Go down
Captain Midnight

Captain Midnight

PostSubject: Re: Modification sequence   Modification sequence EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 3:21 pm

Stock chain Capt?...Im in Bothell...We should ride...[/quote]

I put a 110 link on it.

Sunday the 22nd is the Smuggle Poker Run at Capital Forest in Olympia. I'll be there waiting for you. Check the NMA website for info.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modification sequence   Modification sequence Empty

Back to top Go down

Modification sequence
Page 1 of 1