Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

front brake disk dampener

Go down 
+5
ramz
Mr.Metal
YZEtc
Tammy
picard
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tammy

Tammy

front brake disk dampener - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: front brake disk dampener   front brake disk dampener - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 7:05 pm

I'm not here for you. And don't get mad at me cuz I can ride. I don't drive a car I ride a bike 365 days a yr and have been for yrs so it's really hard not to be faster then most...

But lets post facts and go back to that post. In it you will read that it's my skill not the bikes I ride.. Or did you not see that part..

I can see how your going to pull this post apart. My most will turn into ALL in your next post
thumb
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: front brake disk dampener   front brake disk dampener - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 8:11 pm

Mr.Metal wrote:
That may be, it still doesn't mean you know what you are talking about.

I'm sorry, but after your "WRR can smoke a KTM," "DL650 can smoke a DL1000" and "WRR does not have a floating disk brake" statements, I don't assign much weight to anything you have to say.
Lighten up Francis!
This isn't rec.motorcycles, can't we all just get along? poser2
Everybody go for a ride, and then dutch
Back to top Go down
Mr.Metal

Mr.Metal

PostSubject: Re: front brake disk dampener   front brake disk dampener - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 11:57 pm

I could start with the grammar, but that'd be too easy.

I have a problem with people who post "opinions" as facts. I have a problem with people who make general statements and then backtrack when questioned about them. I have a problem with people who can't admit they're wrong.

But, whatever, I really don't care. It's a beautiful night, I'm going for a ride.

Tammy wrote:

I can see how your going to pull this post apart.
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Tammy

PostSubject: Re: front brake disk dampener   front brake disk dampener - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 8:06 am

Mr.Metal wrote:

I have a problem with people who post "opinions" as facts. I have a problem with people who make general statements and then backtrack when questioned about them. I have a problem with people who can't admit they're wrong.

But, whatever, I really don't care. It's a beautiful night, I'm going for a ride.

Tammy wrote:

that sounds just like you! less the bad grammar... Tho the d should be a s in that's

and if you think my grammar is bad send me a text scratch
Back to top Go down
Mr.Metal

Mr.Metal

PostSubject: Re: front brake disk dampener   front brake disk dampener - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 12:04 am

that's = that is
that'd = that would

Should we compare degrees and incomes now, or can we move on?

Tammy wrote:
Mr.Metal wrote:

Tammy wrote:

that sounds just like you! less the bad grammar... Tho the d should be a s in that's

and if you think my grammar is bad send me a text scratch
Back to top Go down
stumo

PostSubject: Re: front brake disk dampener   front brake disk dampener - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 5:57 am

Mr.Metal wrote:
that's = that is
that'd = that would

and now you're coming across as a bit of a dick!

Back to top Go down
Toddwr250r

Toddwr250r

PostSubject: Re: front brake disk dampener   front brake disk dampener - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 7:33 pm

stumo wrote:
Mr.Metal wrote:
that's = that is
that'd = that would

and now you're coming across as a bit of a dick!

a bit? come on!!!
this is a complete non issue, look, as a brake pad wears. it gets smaller, we all should be able to agree on this, next in a perfect world, the pads on each side would wear down even so the the slack should be filled by the brake pistons extending further out, right? but we all know that this isn't the way of the world and one or the other pad will wear just a bit faster,so, in order to keep the rotor centered in the pads inside the caliper, either the rotor must mover in and out along the axle line or the caliper must, right? the caliper on almost all bikes, out R2 included is bolted directly onto fork. so............ what conclutions can we make from this class
Back to top Go down
Akasy

PostSubject: Ummmm...   front brake disk dampener - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 8:25 pm

Don't dig up old posts Sleep

[/quote]........... what conclutions can we make from this class[/quote]
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: front brake disk dampener   front brake disk dampener - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 8:56 pm

The caliper actually moves sideways on slide pins.
They're sealed by little rubber booties, and the pins are supposed to be lubricated from time-to-time.
Same for the rear caliper.
Back to top Go down
Toddwr250r

Toddwr250r

PostSubject: Re: front brake disk dampener   front brake disk dampener - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 3:04 pm

YZEtc wrote:
The caliper actually moves sideways on slide pins.
They're sealed by little rubber booties, and the pins are supposed to be lubricated from time-to-time.
Same for the rear caliper.

yep you are 100% correct sir! i guess i shoulda inspected mine a little close before shootin my keyboard off, eh? musta just been keybored
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: front brake disk dampener   front brake disk dampener - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 10:01 am

I dont really want to stir up the $#it storm you guys have created here on this thread, but I had a question about the ORIGINAL post.

I bought a set of Warp9 wheels and I'm getting resonation/humming from the front wheel while braking and I'm guessing it's due to the fact that I don't have this magical rubber dampner. Does this sound logical or could it be something else? Brakes?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: front brake disk dampener   front brake disk dampener - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

front brake disk dampener
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2