Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Seat Concepts

Go down 
+13
GsVs
jeffpack1957
Captain Midnight
RobR
taoshum
Corkonian
simmons1
edteamslr
Chadx
Berwyn Henderson
xcel
Boondocker
greer
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
greer

Seat Concepts - Seat Concepts - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts   Seat Concepts - Seat Concepts - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 8:44 am

You'll have a fit to try the seat as soon as you get it, if you're like me. If you've got a stapler handy, give it a whirl. It's not as bad as you think.

Sarah
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts   Seat Concepts - Seat Concepts - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 12:21 pm

sent my seat in to have Seat Concepts do the installation

Last edited by LightFoot on Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts   Seat Concepts - Seat Concepts - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 2:38 am

SC has already flipped my seat and shipped it back.

Last edited by LightFoot on Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts   Seat Concepts - Seat Concepts - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 6:43 pm

edit

Last edited by LightFoot on Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts   Seat Concepts - Seat Concepts - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 6:49 pm

seat rec'd. nice

Last edited by LightFoot on Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts   Seat Concepts - Seat Concepts - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 5:17 am

Looks good!

Sarah
Back to top Go down
RobR

RobR

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts   Seat Concepts - Seat Concepts - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 5:05 pm

Got my seat concepts seat 2 weeks ago. thumb

Very nice, high quality and comfortable.
Back to top Go down
Captain Midnight

Captain Midnight

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts   Seat Concepts - Seat Concepts - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 9:19 pm

I've had mine for a month now, and I don't pariticulary like it. Not quite wide enough.
Back to top Go down
jeffpack1957

PostSubject: do you?   Seat Concepts - Seat Concepts - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 3:13 am

Want to work some sort of trade for my stock seat?
Back to top Go down
Captain Midnight

Captain Midnight

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts   Seat Concepts - Seat Concepts - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 11:03 pm

Let me think about it, I may.
Back to top Go down
edteamslr

edteamslr

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts   Seat Concepts - Seat Concepts - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 9:33 am

greer wrote:
Looks good!

Sarah

i still haven't put my seat cover on. i'm a bit uncertain about putting the staples into the side of the 'well' rather than in the bottom of the pan. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts   Seat Concepts - Seat Concepts - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 10:37 am

I'm thinking it'll go much easier than you expect. Work off a firm surface and you'll have plenty of leverage for 1/4" staples. The cover is easy to work with and no trouble to fit. Give it a whirl and let us know how it goes.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
edteamslr

edteamslr

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts   Seat Concepts - Seat Concepts - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 12:17 pm

Gonna pick up one of these to help me out. It will use 6mm (can't find the 4mm ones that Yamaha use)

axminster-axminster-6-22-air-stapler
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts   Seat Concepts - Seat Concepts - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 6:51 pm

There you go; bet it'll look better than factory!

Sarah
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Thanks!   Seat Concepts - Seat Concepts - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 9:58 pm

edit

Last edited by LightFoot on Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GsVs

PostSubject: It will work ... and look GREAT   Seat Concepts - Seat Concepts - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 1:08 pm

Hey ed...

I used a stapler very similar to that one with 1/4" staples ... and below is the end result ...
Looks and works GREAT ...

I had never done anything like this before ... just take your time. I started by placing a couple of staples in the front and back just to keep it centered. Then worked my way from the center towards the front and rear pulling it tight as I went. Had to pull a few staples and redo while I went - like I said just take your time.

Seat Concepts - Seat Concepts - Page 2 IMG_2531-R
- - -
Seat Concepts - Seat Concepts - Page 2 IMG_2530-R
- - -
Seat Concepts - Seat Concepts - Page 2 IMG_2501-R
- - -
Seat Concepts - Seat Concepts - Page 2 IMG_2522-R
- - -
Seat Concepts - Seat Concepts - Page 2 IMG_2518-R
- - -

edteamslr wrote:
Gonna pick up one of these to help me out. It will use 6mm (can't find the 4mm ones that Yamaha use)

axminster-axminster-6-22-air-stapler
Back to top Go down
sswrx

sswrx

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts   Seat Concepts - Seat Concepts - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 11:47 am

Looks like a pro did it, awsome! I can't wait to start on mine soon as I go get staples for the air gun. May take a bit off the foam to make it easier to reach the ground.
Back to top Go down
GsVs

PostSubject: Top Notch   Seat Concepts - Seat Concepts - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 10:38 am

sswrx wrote:
Looks like a pro did it, awsome! I can't wait to start on mine soon as I go get staples for the air gun. May take a bit off the foam to make it easier to reach the ground.

Hey ss ...

Thanks - It did turn out great --- but the kudos go to Seat Concepts
--- Fit and quality of workmanship of both the foam and cover are top notch. Two Thumbs up for Seat Concepts ! ---
Back to top Go down
5S Dude

5S Dude

PostSubject: Another very satisfied customer!   Seat Concepts - Seat Concepts - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 8:38 pm

I too have had disk issues with my back and I think I'm getting progressively shorter with age! Although the "Wheeling Cycle Step Seat" did allow me to touch the ground sort of. My disappearing buttocks got very sore after a half-day's ride.

My new Seat Concepts "1 inch lower seat" still allows me to touch terra firma with a toe or two and now I can ride without any discomfort at all.

This seat exudes high-end craftsmanship and I certainly endorse Robert's professional customer service. What a very refreshing change in these times.

Seat Concepts - Seat Concepts - Page 2 IMG_20100929_122146

Seat Concepts - Seat Concepts - Page 2 SAM_1915
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts   Seat Concepts - Seat Concepts - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 11:22 pm

5S Dude wrote:

My new Seat Concepts "1 inch lower seat" still allows me to touch terra firma with a toe or two and now I can ride without any discomfort at all.

This seat exudes high-end craftsmanship and I certainly endorse Robert's professional customer service. What a very refreshing change in these times.
I'm glad it worked out for you (especially because I'll be getting the low seat option as well when I conclude my order in the group buy). Robert was great to deal with setting up the group buy as well, which I really appreciate, and a great vendor to have here because of that as well as the quality and value.

So now that you have the lowered seat:

How much do you weigh dressed to kill and on the bike?

Did you go with firm foam or normal foam?

What's the longest run you've done where you've been mostly sitting since you got the new seat?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
5S Dude

5S Dude

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts   Seat Concepts - Seat Concepts - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 7:58 pm

Hi Jäger,

I'm 178 lbs with all my gear on and bought the standard foam.

I've ridden roughly 170 plus miles or two tanks on my new seat without a hint of monkey butt of any kind.

By comparison, my "Step Seat" from Wheeling Cycle Supply is great for off road riding where you spend most of the ride standing on the pegs.

I primarily use my WRX to commute to work.

Ride safe...
Back to top Go down
MarcLegacyGT

MarcLegacyGT

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts   Seat Concepts - Seat Concepts - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 3:56 pm

Im assuming the passenger strap can still be attached to the bike???
Thanks
Back to top Go down
sswrx

sswrx

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts   Seat Concepts - Seat Concepts - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 7:10 pm

The strap will not fit on the Seat Concepts cushion because it's wider than OEM so the strap will be too short to go around it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts   Seat Concepts - Seat Concepts - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Seat Concepts
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next