Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Seat Concepts seat?

Go down 
+29
Fiftygrit
mvonhatten
StG
grnd0
Pilsner
sswrx
Heoz
Just Bob
Coop
papi4baby
josh
Jeffro799
wallycycle
mototifosi
jaherbst
SheWolf
Rider_WV
mordicai
ssauer2004
f3joel
mnormand
Dave Bell
wheelman11
GsVs
Jäger
adamoto
greer
Captain Midnight
bobbyward
33 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
bobbyward

Seat Concepts seat? Empty
PostSubject: Seat Concepts seat?   Seat Concepts seat? EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 11:26 am

has anyone tried the new seat yet from seatsconcepts ?
we just got ours and so far so good, the thing it slightly wider and the thing you notice most is that is asborbs some of the bumps for your rear ! which is always good, the x is just a street bike only and setting for extended time in the same spot it will be a welcomed relief, this weekend we are going to do so riding in the arkansas ozark mountains that has lots of twisty roads so the seat will pay for its self in comfort or at least help keep the
wife happier ! one loop will be around 200 miles and the other 2 are 75 & 100 miles each, so the seat will be well tested .
Back to top Go down
Captain Midnight

Captain Midnight

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts seat?   Seat Concepts seat? EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 7:18 pm

Keep us updated. Looks like a winner. After a hundred, my rear is dead. Did you staple on the foam and cover yourself?
Back to top Go down
bobbyward

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts seat?   Seat Concepts seat? EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 9:11 pm

Captain Midnight wrote:
Keep us updated. Looks like a winner. After a hundred, my rear is dead. Did you staple on the foam and cover yourself?
this seat will fix that problem, money well spent.
i did my drz and had it done in the tall version, the worst problem with it now its like setting in a lazy boy, the seat really helps take a lot of the bumps out of the road and helps with some vibrations in general. the seat helped the drz 1000 %, the wr not so much as it had a fair seat, just wanted my wife to enjoy the ride with out losing feeling in the rear on our rides, she has only ridden it once for about 50 miles and was pleased with its results.
we are going to test em good sat-sun-mon coming up , but over a stock seat its a much more comfortable ride.
yes i stapled it on myself, the cover is a nice quality good fitting cover that makes installing a snap.
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts seat?   Seat Concepts seat? EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 5:35 am

That's good to hear, I just ordered one about 10 minutes ago. I specified 1 inch lower than stock; I've got my fingers crossed and hoping for the best.

Sarah

Back to top Go down
bobbyward

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts seat?   Seat Concepts seat? EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 9:22 am

we just went stock height, i used the lowering link for my wife's bike, she is about 5-5 and it fits her fine now, before she could hardly get on it . her bike is the x also and we just ride on the streets, we have real dirt bikes for off road use, something about round tires and dirt just don't mix for me, i like knobbie's when off the payment, i know they can go off road but why tear up your street one when you got a dirt one you can wreck instead right ?
anyway robert is easy to work with in case there are any problems.
happy motoring ....................
Back to top Go down
adamoto

adamoto

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts seat?   Seat Concepts seat? EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 12:50 pm

needpics lurk
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts seat?   Seat Concepts seat? EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 1:51 pm

greer wrote:
That's good to hear, I just ordered one about 10 minutes ago. I specified 1 inch lower than stock; I've got my fingers crossed and hoping for the best.

So they can make an unadvertised low version?

Hmmmmm....

When you get yours, put a 70 lb pack on your back (or whatever it takes to get you to 195), head out on a 300 mile day ride, and then let me know how happy your butt was at the end of the day.

My stock seat just beats on my ass like a red headed stepchild in the course of a long day.
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts seat?   Seat Concepts seat? EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 5:15 am

It took some doing, several emails back and forth; I think maybe mine will be their low seat debut. You ought to give them a call, super friendly and full of information about foam densties and covers to choose from and so forth. For $175 shipped I figure I can give it a try.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts seat?   Seat Concepts seat? EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 5:30 am

adamoto wrote:

needpics lurk

Per Seat Concepts I'll have it in a week-10 days. I'll put up some pictures.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
adamoto

adamoto

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts seat?   Seat Concepts seat? EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 8:27 am

So I'm assuming you're gonna need some sort of air stapler to put the new seat on the stock pan, but does anybody know if you need special staples to go through that thick plastic? I've never redone a seat before, but I really hate my stock seat (especially after a 200+ mile ride) and I really like the look of the seatconcepts kit.
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts seat?   Seat Concepts seat? EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 8:51 am

Just a regular manual heavy-duty stapler (from Lowes or Walmart, can't remember) does it for us; I've had my stock cover off and on a few times. I bet a local upholsterer would staple it on for cheap.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
bobbyward

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts seat?   Seat Concepts seat? EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 9:39 am

greer wrote:
Just a regular manual heavy-duty stapler (from Lowes or Walmart, can't remember) does it for us; I've had my stock cover off and on a few times. I bet a local upholsterer would staple it on for cheap.

Sarah
but an electric one would be good.
robert said we has fixing that low one , he can make the foam just about anyway.
like i said too his quality is good too.
you won't be disappointed in his products.
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts seat?   Seat Concepts seat? EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 5:11 am

Got a Paypal notice it's been shipped....now that's fast.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
GsVs

PostSubject: WR250R Seat Concepts - pictures   Seat Concepts seat? EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 6:03 am

adamoto wrote:

needpics lurk

See some pictures over in the thread below ...

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/oh-those-sweet-mods-f5/yet-another-seat-option-t2768.htm
Back to top Go down
adamoto

adamoto

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts seat?   Seat Concepts seat? EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 10:14 am

thumb thanks gsvs
Back to top Go down
bobbyward

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts seat?   Seat Concepts seat? EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 9:07 pm

bobbyward wrote:
has anyone tried the new seat yet from seatsconcepts ?
we just got ours and so far so good, the thing it slightly wider and the thing you notice most is that is asborbs some of the bumps for your rear ! which is always good, the x is just a street bike only and setting for extended time in the same spot it will be a welcomed relief, this weekend we are going to do so riding in the arkansas ozark mountains that has lots of twisty roads so the seat will pay for its self in comfort or at least help keep the
wife happier ! one loop will be around 200 miles and the other 2 are 75 & 100 miles each, so the seat will be well tested .

ok, after 600 miles and 18 hrs over 3 days the seat held up well, not sure about my wife although ! lol ! without the new seat i don't think she would have ever made it at all, my drz was great, anyone that has ever ridden a drz any distance will understand it won't happen on a long haul, i ride alot more and really had no problems, yes our ass got tired, our hands, arms in fact are everything was tired, 6 hrs at a time is more then either have every ridden at one time, but if mr. obama would have just sent us out welfare checks we would not have came back anytime soon ..................
Back to top Go down
wheelman11

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts seat?   Seat Concepts seat? EmptyFri May 20, 2011 3:12 pm

I've had my Seat Concepts seat about a month now. Rober at SC really treated me right. I shipped the pan/seat to him for installation. He even added a strap around the rear of the seat at my request as I also have the OEM side case for grocery runs. He returned it pronto and installation quality is excellent, having selected total Kevlar covering.
WOW what a difference it makes to ride on it. Now I can realistically sit on this thing for 3 1/2 - 4 hour rides on dirt/trails out here in Colorado. The seat foam is actually a bit harder in my opinion than stock foam. But the main advantage of this seat is that it's WIDER near the rear of the seat. I't s now so comfortable it's really amazing. And of course you can always slide forward for more trail-oriented riding. I can highly recommend this seat to anyone with a WRR.
Back to top Go down
Dave Bell

Dave Bell

PostSubject: Nice seat   Seat Concepts seat? EmptySun May 22, 2011 9:55 am

I've had some $600 Mayer seats on BMW's. I've also had two sergents, one on the KLR which is really wonderful, and one on the BMW F800gs which is just ok. It was refreshing to not have to pay several hundred dollars for the Seat Concepts cure, plus not having to be without my bike for several weeks while they installed the new foam and cover. It was a fairly easy job, though I just put in a few staples with my regular staple gun, they would not penetrate the pan without bending and I ordered a pneumatic gun which I probably can use for lots of other jobs too. I've put 300 miles or so on the Seat Concepts seat. I think it will be about perfect as far as comfort on the road while still maintaining the dirt bike feel.

Good job, Seat Concepts.

db
Back to top Go down
mnormand

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts seat?   Seat Concepts seat? EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 2:37 pm

Hey guys, I might do ths seat deal.

Tell us a a bit more about installation. Do you hack off the original cover and foam? How does this come off? Is the original foam glued to the pan?

Would you have considered Seat Concepts to install yours given another chance, ie, are you happy with the look from your install? Got everything good and tight?

I'm 200# and would consider the standard package, with normal black vinyl.

Thanks
Mark
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts seat?   Seat Concepts seat? EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 3:24 pm

To take your stock cover and foam off, just take a small flathead and pry the staples out.
The cover will fall off, you will have to pull the foam off.
It comes off very easy, but will not just fall off.

Just slap the new foam on, fits like a glove.
Then slide the front of the new cover on, also fits like a glove, and start your stapling of the new cover.

It really is pretty easy, and you can always pull the staple out and stretch/whatever before another one to get it just right.
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts seat?   Seat Concepts seat? EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 6:47 am

Exactly like Joel said. Nothing to worry about.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
Captain Midnight

Captain Midnight

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts seat?   Seat Concepts seat? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 8:02 pm

I have used mine for about 8 months. Trail riding is OK, but on the road after about an hour, it's no good. Not quite wide enough, and too convexed on top. I'm going to try to homemake something.
Back to top Go down
ssauer2004

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts seat?   Seat Concepts seat? EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 8:34 pm

I just received my seat concepts foam and cover. I have a question. It states in the installation instructions that an adhesive is used. Did everyone who installed the seat on their own use the adhesive?
Back to top Go down
GsVs

PostSubject: adhesive ...   Seat Concepts seat? EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 9:03 pm

I didn't use any adhesive or glue of any kind ..... didn't have any handy the evening I put mine on. The foam fits over the base well, then once you stretch & staple the cover on - it's not going anywhere. Mine been on for over a year.

ssauer2004 wrote:
I just received my seat concepts foam and cover. I have a question. It states in the installation instructions that an adhesive is used. Did everyone who installed the seat on their own use the adhesive?
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts seat?   Seat Concepts seat? EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 5:33 am

No adhesive here, either.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts seat?   Seat Concepts seat? Empty

Back to top Go down

Seat Concepts seat?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next