Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Triker's Mods

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
PYG RYDR

PYG RYDR

Triker's Mods Empty
PostSubject: Triker's Mods   Triker's Mods EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 11:14 am

I started a new thread since Triker has so many mods to his WR.

Here are some more photos:

Triker's Mods Cid_2b10

Triker's Mods Cid_1e11

Triker's Mods Cid_0010

Triker's Mods Cid_4e10

Triker's Mods Cid_4e11

Triker's Mods Cid_7a10

Triker's Mods Cid_9a10

Triker's Mods Cid_9c10
Back to top Go down
kjharn

kjharn

Triker's Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triker's Mods   Triker's Mods EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 12:13 pm

Would love some bigger pictures. He has some cool stuff.
Back to top Go down
PYG RYDR

PYG RYDR

Triker's Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triker's Mods   Triker's Mods EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 10:03 am

I am not skilled enough to make larger images. scratch

Here are some more from Triker:

Triker's Mods Cid_9d10

Triker's Mods Cid_9f10

Triker's Mods Cid_4210

Triker's Mods Cid_5010

Triker's Mods Cid_6410

Triker's Mods Cid_6910

Triker's Mods Cid_7610

Triker's Mods Cid_c210

Triker's Mods Cid_4211

Triker's Mods Cid_5011

Triker's Mods Cid_5310

Triker's Mods Cid_3211

Triker's Mods Cid_4010

Triker's Mods Cid_4910

Triker's Mods Cid_6110

Triker's Mods Cid_a010

Triker's Mods Cid_a410

Triker's Mods Cid_ab10

Triker's Mods Cid_b310

Triker's Mods Cid_c211

Triker's Mods Cid_f212
Back to top Go down
john92

Triker's Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triker's Mods   Triker's Mods EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 11:30 am

I give the guy some credit for ingenuity and custom one-off mods, But I don't get it. 6.5 gallons up top plus the other stuff must add some serious weight. The bike makes good power but it doesn't have that much to spare. To each his own, I guess. There certainly is a seriously diverse variety of WR250Rs out there. scratch

Wow. over 25,000 miles. He must need 6.5 gallons.
Back to top Go down
triker

Triker's Mods Empty
PostSubject: trikers mods   Triker's Mods EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 2:11 pm

thanks galen for posting pics, i'd name my first-born after you, but he's 54 , and dosn't wanna change now! some of the mods need explaining, and defending. the tank started out intending to be 5gals, but steel rems are cheap, i work for free, (retired, tho some would say retarded), plus i usually run with about 3 gals in it. my first try-out on the freeway i got about 8miles before the low fuel light lit, and the little bugger started to die, not used to having fuel taps on it i had run with both taps off! it ran 8miles on the fuel in the pump cannister and hoses, amazing how FI stretches our fuel burn. the tigothane hose going alongside the tank up to the filler cap is my fuel guage showing the fuel level any time the left tap is open. running out of gas would really be dumb, with enough gas to go to europe, well nearly. the pics showing the center stand aren't too clear but the brackets are clamped to the frame mounts, in lieu of washers, the stand pivots on two 3/8 bolts welded to ears on the pivot plates. the return spring is a hardware store spring, works just fine, the ears on the stand suffered from rock strikes in baja, but were easy to fix w/weld-ed blobs. the chain roller wasn't really needed, but the chain does molest it when i'm running 48t on it. the restricter cable on s/arm was an attempt to keep the seat at a mountable height when the suspension un-loads on the sidestand, i got nose-bleed climbing up before! the O rings on the throttle are a cheap-skate cruise control, just keep rolling Orings over till the throttle sticks! ( i think i mentioned i'm frugal). the seat is basically slabs of a foam ground-mattress , that hikers carry. it was too firm so i cut the center out and glued in some "blue and pink memory foam", it's supposed to remember what shape my bum was, so far it feels good. the dunlop 606 have 5k baja miles on em, really good on nasty stuff. need respect on twisties! the square gidget i'm holding is what i hacked off the linkage to lower the rear a bit. i slid the fork tubes up to mantain roughly the steering angles. the tiny tach gets its pulse from a really skinny wire wrapped arround the HT unit as we don't have a handy plug wire to wrap around. the rest of the mods are pretty much simple stuff , and are the result of an old guy with too much free time in which to screw stuff up , hugs and kisses, triker.

Last edited by triker on Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
triker

Triker's Mods Empty
PostSubject: triker mods   Triker's Mods EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 2:42 pm

hey john92, thats the time you were reading! , its 6kmls, triker ps, a fair amount of the fuel load is in the wings and is at or below the stock set-up, especially when half-full (or half-empty!), weight isn't really an issue, i'm 240 in my socks, and the little bugger doesn't seem to mind a bit, if only it had a bit more bottem end, flywheel weight maybe? like we use to add to the pipey twice cycles years ago! triker

Last edited by triker on Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
john92

Triker's Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triker's Mods   Triker's Mods EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 2:54 pm

triker wrote:
hey john92, thats the time you were reading!

Oh, Duh. baldy I should know that. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

Triker's Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triker's Mods   Triker's Mods EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 11:25 pm

Nice

Last edited by LightFoot on Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
triker

Triker's Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triker's Mods   Triker's Mods EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 10:15 pm

thanks bigfeet, i like it better now than stock, though i,ve seldom owned a bike that seemed in need of so many "tweaks", it still lacks enough bottem end to pull the skin off a rice pudding, i,m contemplating adding some flywheel weight (like we used to do to the pipey twice-cycles years ago), the suspension nose-dives with hard braking , even with stiff dampening, then off roading becomes a bone jarring ordeal, i guess expecting an x to do what an r does, and versa, is a compromise, oh well, for a 250 it goes pretty good, but not as good as a bit bigger power supply woulda! triker
Back to top Go down
eakins

Triker's Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triker's Mods   Triker's Mods EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 3:27 am

i think it all starts w/ owning a wrx and then it meanders from there.
there are some unique ones out there.
the wrr guys stay truer to dirtbike roots.

john92 wrote:
I give the guy some credit for ingenuity and custom one-off mods, But I don't get it. 6.5 gallons up top plus the other stuff must add some serious weight. The bike makes good power but it doesn't have that much to spare. To each his own, I guess. There certainly is a seriously diverse variety of WR250Rs out there. scratch

Wow. over 25,000 miles. He must need 6.5 gallons.
Back to top Go down

Triker's Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triker's Mods   Triker's Mods EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 1:59 am

I dunno. I'm diggin' the X.

Last edited by LightFoot on Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:48 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down

Triker's Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triker's Mods   Triker's Mods EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 2:13 am

Oh what the hell. Here's a bigger version of my new avatar pic. Sure love the way the bike looks/rides/etc.

BigFeet

Triker's Mods Larry_10
Back to top Go down
triker

Triker's Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triker's Mods   Triker's Mods EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 12:25 am

hey bigfeet, your ride looks great, the graphics put the factory colour scheme to shame. my shinkos are similar to yours, a bit less knobby, a tad more streetable, i'm happy with them, they aren't quite as sticky as the stock radials, but will last a lot longer, better off road and far less moola to replace! also had a klr (600) years ago, heavier than a dead preacher, lousy brakes, front would get so spongy on whoops that i'd have to bleed it to get a "pedal". it's only redeeming feature was you could lower its suspension easily. it finished it's career under a mexican truck! i had sold it to a buddy for a grand and he slammed it head on on a curve going up to mt diablo baja. my buddy flew over the truck and tore his shoulder up. the klr was so tightly jambed under the trucks transmition that we had to pull the front wheel off so as to drag the bike out. thern we had to tie the wreckage on a dune buggy to get it back to the border. we also had to vacate the spot before the mexican fuzz got there, they confiscate the bike and throw everyone they can into the can, till it's sorted out who they decide was to blame' (usually the gringo !) even with my belly-aching about the wrx percieved shortcomings i still love to ride the little bugger, trying not to think of how many times a second that little "bolluminum pishkin " is going up and down when it's sceaming it's little heart out trying to keep my son's 950 ktm in sight! keep the rubber-side-down, triker
Back to top Go down

Triker's Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triker's Mods   Triker's Mods EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 1:51 am

Thanks!

Last edited by LightFoot on Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Triker's Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triker's Mods   Triker's Mods EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 2:08 am

Triker,

I just got the Revloc autoclutch on my WRX yesterday. Works great!

Last edited by LightFoot on Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
triker

Triker's Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triker's Mods   Triker's Mods EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 5:47 pm

hey bigfeet, be sure to let us know how that clutch-thingy works for you, hard to tell if its worse riding without the seat, or with it, though i did ride several hundred miles sitting on a 2 by 4, in place of the seat, it was a buddys honda 650xl, i borrowed it after my ktm640 crapped it's piston. he came back to the border in a truck (it was in mexico), somehow the seat dissapeared, so until we reached la pas, where i was able to buy a junk seat for 10$ i rode on a chunk of carpet, which also went missing after a while, so the chunk of wood was all i sat on. (i will admit i stood a lot, and kind of enjoyed the notoriety, after all not too many idiots would attempt it!). i have pics somewhere, the honda was called "fat albert", it ran out of oil and seized the piston, had to pour oil in the spark plug hole, and tow it to get it started! i should know better than to borrow a dirt bike with 17k hard miles on it, and not much maintenance done on it. hugs and kisses, triker (aka monty)
Back to top Go down

Triker's Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triker's Mods   Triker's Mods EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 5:59 pm

That's true.

I'll report back once I get some miles on the clutch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Triker's Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triker's Mods   Triker's Mods Empty

Back to top Go down

Triker's Mods
Page 1 of 1