Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Hello from Oklahoma

Go down 
+2
john92
adumbpolock
6 posters
AuthorMessage
adumbpolock

Hello from Oklahoma Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Oklahoma   Hello from Oklahoma EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 5:22 pm

Hay, I'm the latest owner of the WRR in the Oklahoma City area and thought I'd introduce myself.

I was lucky enough to find an unmoved 2008 for $4509 out the door when all was said and done. I like the WRR because it seem easily geared for off road which is going to be my main use. The reason i opted for a dual sport over a strictly off road is I'm in the Air Force living in the dorms at Tinker AFB. You see the base has a rule that states you cant store recreational vehicles in the parking lot for extended periods of time and storage on base is ridiculously expensive.

Ive owned dirt bikes before but I'm not gonna lie, they tended to have all there maintenance performed by either my brother or my father so I'm coming into this as a complete beginner. Sept 29-30 is when I take the MSF classes which if mandated by the AF before I'm allowed to ride on base.

So now i just get to look at my bike every mornings as i pass it heading to my car for work and starting her up in the evenings for any excuse i can find (but not riding). cry
Back to top Go down
john92

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Oklahoma   Hello from Oklahoma EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 6:47 pm

Welcome, I hope you get to ride it soon.
Back to top Go down
dc4stroke

dc4stroke

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Oklahoma   Hello from Oklahoma EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 11:11 am

Congratulations on the WR. There used to be some good riding areas around OKC years ago. But I haven't been there in a while......
I think you may find the gearing a tad high offroad. Tires.....change them soon. Though I'm still trying to find what works best for me. As soon as funds are available I'll be mounting some Dunlop 606s. I'm running non DOT knobbies and they are SQUIRRLEY on the street.
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Oklahoma   Hello from Oklahoma EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 12:52 pm

Welcome hi!
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Oklahoma   Hello from Oklahoma EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 1:50 pm

Hay backatcha... I'm glad they don't consider a WR an RV.

I you haven't ridden in a long time (that's what it sounds like) the MS course is a good start.

Beyond that, anytime you ride on the street (sounds like you have NO experience doing that) you have to ride with a 360 degree of consciousness and 100% perception of everything around you. Especially mom in mini-vans talking on the cell phone.

Forget working on the bike. Get good gear, WEAR IT, and get your experience and confidence down first.

The GOOD thing is you learned in the dirt so actual riding won't be your problem.
Back to top Go down
adumbpolock

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Oklahoma   Hello from Oklahoma EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 4:31 pm

I would probably try to get away with out the classes if I could so its probably a good thing the AF is forcing me to take them.

As for the riding I'm gonna try lake draper cuz its a hop skip and a spit away.

The closet things to a mod I'm planningis a skid plate, the step seat from wheeling cycle and when the funds are available some DOT knobbies (maby just outside the DOT regulation).

Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Oklahoma   Hello from Oklahoma EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 5:18 pm

Heck, push it off the base and start riding!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Oklahoma   Hello from Oklahoma Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from Oklahoma
Page 1 of 1