Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

One minute loading technique

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gatorfan

gatorfan

One minute loading technique Empty
PostSubject: One minute loading technique   One minute loading technique EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 11:42 am

I think this novel approach to loading the bike is worth it's own thread. I used to load the bike in literally under one minute with this system. And it's in like glue. Wish it was my idea but I must credit "Armidillo Chaser" of XT lore who spent 20 years securing loads for the USAF. It's a takeoff of the MX Ultimate hauler approach of clipping in the pegs. But this system clips in the pegs and compresses the suspension.

First, fix two eye loops to the base of the trailer so they line up under your pegs like this.
One minute loading technique Pic_do11

Then assemble these bit here ....
One minute loading technique Pic_do12

... so they eventually look like this. Simple, and do both sides before you roll bike up ramp.
One minute loading technique Pic_do14

Roll the bike up the ramp >> lean it >> clip it, spin wing nut >> lean the other way >> clip it, spin wing nut >> off you go.!

cheers (Note: Below, ignore that bit under the washer. Must have been a protoype. You just need the washer.)
One minute loading technique Pic_do16

I'll spare you the tips and nuances of clipping it but you get the hang of it quick.

Sorry, no video and was working from old pics. The ninnys in my neighborhood made me get rid of the trailer on side of house. puke

If you feel insucure you can tie front tire to trailer as fail safe. I did this initially then bailed it.
One minute loading technique Pic_do17

You're looking at version one. Refined versions put the loops fixed into the trailer slightly forward of pegs so as you compress suspension you compress front tire into trailer frame for added rigidity. Also modded the washers to have a "lip" so they sat better on the pegs.

Inspect and tighten eyeloops in trailer regularly.

Disclaimer: This is what I do. I'm in no way suggesting you do this.

Lawyers. puke

Back to top Go down
dc4stroke

dc4stroke

PostSubject: Re: One minute loading technique   One minute loading technique EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 12:18 pm

Not a bad idea.....I may try that some time. Though I carry in a pickup bed mostly.
Back to top Go down
njbill

njbill

PostSubject: Re: One minute loading technique   One minute loading technique EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 8:22 am

Nice set-up. I have a 4' x 7' trailer with a rear ramp. It has a chock in the front so the bike cannot roll forward. This allows me to clamp the bike down by the foot pegs. I use two ratchet tie-downs and my anchor points are maybe a foot forward and apart from the pegs. It is quite stable and easy to secure.

If you have the front chocked, you could use move your anchor points forward a little to safeguard against roll-back. In this scenario, you would not need any other tie-downs.
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: One minute loading technique   One minute loading technique EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 5:02 pm

njbill wrote:

If you have the front chocked, you could use move your anchor points forward a little to safeguard against roll-back. In this scenario, you would not need any other tie-downs.

I did eventually move them forward. The pics are of the prototype.

With a chock, the rear wheel would not fit on the trailer - it was that close. I stopped strapping the front down anyway after the first few rides. The bike was in like glue. I've had the trailer airborn off road and the bike was ok.

I'm bummed I had to get rid of the trailer. This system was awsome. Two guys could load one bike in about 15 seconds. We had a trailer set up for 2 bikes. Working together 2 bikes were up in under a minute.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One minute loading technique   One minute loading technique Empty

Back to top Go down

One minute loading technique
Page 1 of 1