Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Frame sliders really needed?

Go down 
+5
velox
ZED
love2lean
little squirt
cuban11182
9 posters
AuthorMessage
cuban11182

Frame sliders really needed? Empty
PostSubject: Frame sliders really needed?   Frame sliders really needed? EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 5:58 pm

So I'm just getting everything ready for my X to go out and have fun. I made my own front and rear sliders like I had on my DRZ400. I'm just wondering if they are even needed? I noticed the engine sticks out farther than the DRZ, so I'm thinking they are worth it.

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Frame sliders really needed?   Frame sliders really needed? EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 1:36 pm

I vote yes, but since doing this its changed my mind to buying a skid plate now to replace these.

two spills and no engine damage what so ever!

Frame sliders really needed? Wrr

snapped this one clean in half and bent the mount bolt like a banana.....

Frame sliders really needed? Wr-3

Last edited by little squirt on Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
love2lean

love2lean

PostSubject: Re: Frame sliders really needed?   Frame sliders really needed? EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 1:46 pm

little squirt wrote:
I vote yes, but since doing this its changed my mind to buying a skid plate now to replace these.

Yes but look, it saved your case !!! I always look at sliders as a one time use item, then replace after crash.
Back to top Go down
cuban11182

PostSubject: Re: Frame sliders really needed?   Frame sliders really needed? EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 2:35 pm

little squirt wrote:

Thanks. I'm ordering them now!!

EDIT: Just ordered. Thanks!! thumb
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: Frame sliders really needed?   Frame sliders really needed? EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 9:25 pm

I have a pair of frame sliders. They sit on the shelf because they don't fit if you have a skid plate that comes up high enough to protect anything. I would like to use them, but faced with the option, I'll choose the skid plate. It has saved my case many times whereas none of my crashes, both on and off road, have damaged the case more than some scuffing and scratching.
Back to top Go down
velox

PostSubject: Re: Frame sliders really needed?   Frame sliders really needed? EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 5:07 pm

So which skid plate are you using.

I saw pics of a guy who had a skid plate and cut holes to have the frame sliders work with it.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Frame sliders really needed?   Frame sliders really needed? EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 10:07 pm

I'd like some rear slider spools (maybe axle block combos) just so I can use the sportbike stand to jack the back and not have to use the dirtbike lift (which I can't get under it now that her bike is lowered) all the time.

Back to top Go down
WRXR

WRXR

PostSubject: Re: Frame sliders really needed?   Frame sliders really needed? EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 12:08 am

lil squirt, are these the sliders you can buy off ebay? Do you have more pics? They look kinda huge.
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Frame sliders really needed?   Frame sliders really needed? EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 1:22 pm

WRXR wrote:
lil squirt, are these the sliders you can buy off ebay? Do you have more pics? They look kinda huge.

yea check out this thread on my bike build up

http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?91034-*Project-Blue-Ballz*-My-WR250X-Build-Up-Thread
Back to top Go down
WRXR

WRXR

PostSubject: Re: Frame sliders really needed?   Frame sliders really needed? EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 1:53 pm

Thanks. Nice thread.
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Frame sliders really needed?   Frame sliders really needed? EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 3:55 pm

WRXR wrote:
Thanks. Nice thread.

nice avatar thumb
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: Frame sliders really needed?   Frame sliders really needed? EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 4:24 pm

X-Racer wrote:
I'd like some rear slider spools (maybe axle block combos) just so I can use the sportbike stand to jack the back and not have to use the dirtbike lift (which I can't get under it now that her bike is lowered) all the time.

X-Racer I have the same problem. I have to run my wheels up on 2x4's to get the lift under, and I want to put some spools on the rear to use a stand. I've never used spools so I'm ignorant. I see that Wheeling sells some that are axel=blocks with incorporated sliders. Will these work or do I need something more? You know?
Back to top Go down
Stubbz

Stubbz

PostSubject: Re: Frame sliders really needed?   Frame sliders really needed? EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 2:47 pm

the ones from wheeling should work fine for a standard sportbike stand, i dont have them and im not sure if the puck part of it is removable but if it is i would use a small spacer to move the black plastic puck out a bit and make a groove that your stand will fit right into. If its not removeable you could probly grind away a small slot in the middle of that black part underneith of it where you stand will grab ahold of it to lift it up. just an idea there.
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: Frame sliders really needed?   Frame sliders really needed? EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 3:40 pm

Thanks Stubbz, I can always give cream cheese a call at Wheeling . I'm sure he knows. Welcome to the forums. I'm honored to be your 1st post.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frame sliders really needed?   Frame sliders really needed? Empty

Back to top Go down

Frame sliders really needed?
Page 1 of 1