Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Crash protection/frame sliders

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Blackdog

Blackdog

Crash protection/frame sliders Empty
PostSubject: Crash protection/frame sliders   Crash protection/frame sliders EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 1:09 am

I'm looking for the best crash protection I can get. Are the axle sliders effective? Are there any frame sliders that would not interfer with a skid plate? I have a feeling my bike will be down a lot.
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

Crash protection/frame sliders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crash protection/frame sliders   Crash protection/frame sliders EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 8:28 pm

I actually just low sided mine today. I'll go more in depth as to why in another thread.

My axle sliders did a great job of protecting the bike but I still would have had substantial damage to the controls if it weren't for the hand guards.

After dinner I'll take some pictures of the damage (bike and me) and post in an "oops" thread.

I got up, kicked the foot peg down, rode the bike home for a glass of water to calm the nerves and then went on 40 miles curvy road ride... gotta load motards.

*edit* link to the other thread
https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t6825-first-lowside-since-2004-w-pics#63117
Back to top Go down

Crash protection/frame sliders
Page 1 of 1