Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

i am unbreakable

Go down 
+8
gatorfan
SoupSandwich
greer
SheWolf
cryptomundo
ZED
stumo
jacque372
12 posters
AuthorMessage
jacque372

jacque372

i am unbreakable Empty
PostSubject: i am unbreakable   i am unbreakable EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 8:36 am

last friday going to work i was t-boned by a mail truck. i was driving down my road and the mail truck turned directly into the right side of me. he hit me in the right clutch cover and foot peg crushing the foot peg and exploding my engine into pieces. my leg got crushed between the bumper and the bike and after the trip to er i don't have one broken bone. my leg is swollen 4 time larger than usual but i seem ok. the wr wasn't so lucky because the motor looks like one of those display cutaway engines you see at the motorcycle shows. he hit me so hard the mail truck had to be towed. i'm glad to be ok but sad for my poor wr it has been a great bike.
Back to top Go down
stumo

i am unbreakable Empty
PostSubject: Re: i am unbreakable   i am unbreakable EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 9:36 am

Wow, you're lucky!!!

Pity about the WR.
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

i am unbreakable Empty
PostSubject: Re: i am unbreakable   i am unbreakable EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 9:58 am

Nasty! Hopefully everything works out, both healing and insurance-wise.
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

i am unbreakable Empty
PostSubject: Re: i am unbreakable   i am unbreakable EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 10:14 am

geezus man i glad you were not seriously hurt .. sorry about your bike .. even with eyes in the side and rear of our head it seems we cannot avoid everything including mail trucks
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

i am unbreakable Empty
PostSubject: Re: i am unbreakable   i am unbreakable EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 11:23 am

i am unbreakable 640571 YIKES! Glad you're still with us. I can relate to that one...I had a car cut in front of me and I had nowhere to go, not enuf time to get on the brakes and I t-boned the car. It wouldn't have been so bad had she stopped when we collided, but she kept going and i got drug down the entire length of her car, being pinned in between my bike and her car. Left knee is trashed because of that one. I'm sure you'll be getting a new bike after this encounter, courtesy of the mail service insurance.

i am unbreakable Empty
PostSubject: Re: i am unbreakable   i am unbreakable EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 2:02 pm

Mercy, glad you're OK! Keep us posted on how things work out. Best wishes and heal quick.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
SoupSandwich

SoupSandwich

i am unbreakable Empty
PostSubject: Re: i am unbreakable   i am unbreakable EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 3:27 pm

Good thing you are still in one piece. Hopefully you can get a replacement bike soon.
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

i am unbreakable Empty
PostSubject: Re: i am unbreakable   i am unbreakable EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 4:41 pm

Jacue:

Don't underestimate severe soft tissue injury - especially crush type injury. Bloot clots, hematoma, ischemia can all occur several days out. Keep an eye on it and head to the doc if something looks/feels funny.

Back to top Go down
jacque372

jacque372

i am unbreakable Empty
PostSubject: Re: i am unbreakable   i am unbreakable EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 1:01 am

thanks everybody but i changed my mind it's been almost a week and my right leg is 4 times the size of the left and hurts like hell i am breakable
Back to top Go down
MeefZah

MeefZah

i am unbreakable Empty
PostSubject: Re: i am unbreakable   i am unbreakable EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 5:52 pm

Please don't sue the poor post office, they already are 6 billion dollars in the red... Very happy
Back to top Go down
jacque372

jacque372

i am unbreakable Empty
PostSubject: Re: i am unbreakable   i am unbreakable EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 6:41 pm

i wouldn't i just want my bike fixed i was rushed to surgery on thursday nothing broke but the swelling was so bad it stopped the blood flow to my foot they did a compartment syndrome release now my foot is warm again and the feeling is coming back

Last edited by jacque372 on Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

i am unbreakable Empty
PostSubject: Re: i am unbreakable   i am unbreakable EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 8:24 pm

jacque372 wrote:
i wouldn't i just want my bike fixed i was rushed to surgery on thursday nothing broke but the swelling was so bad it stopped the blood flow to my foot they did a compartment syndrome release now my foot is warm again and the felling is coming back

I'm looking like a genius now eh?
Back to top Go down
jacque372

jacque372

i am unbreakable Empty
PostSubject: Re: i am unbreakable   i am unbreakable EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 4:17 am

yeah good call gator i'm struggling now that surgery is very painful but it is better than losing my lower leg
Back to top Go down
cannon

cannon

i am unbreakable Empty
PostSubject: Re: i am unbreakable   i am unbreakable EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 4:02 pm

Good thing it wasn't worse. Sounds like you were still pretty lucky.

Hope for a speedy recovery for you.
Back to top Go down
PYG RYDR

PYG RYDR

i am unbreakable Empty
PostSubject: Re: i am unbreakable   i am unbreakable EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 4:16 pm

jacque372 wrote:
yeah good call gator i'm struggling now that surgery is very painful but it is better than losing my lower leg

Man! Stay on top of this and heal quickly! thumb
Back to top Go down
malibu_dan

malibu_dan

i am unbreakable Empty
PostSubject: Re: i am unbreakable   i am unbreakable EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 1:46 pm

gatorfan wrote:
jacque372 wrote:
i wouldn't i just want my bike fixed i was rushed to surgery on thursday nothing broke but the swelling was so bad it stopped the blood flow to my foot they did a compartment syndrome release now my foot is warm again and the felling is coming back

I'm looking like a genius now eh?

cripple
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

i am unbreakable Empty
PostSubject: Re: i am unbreakable   i am unbreakable Empty

Back to top Go down

i am unbreakable
Page 1 of 1