Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

ASV unbreakable levers

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
flatboarder

flatboarder

ASV unbreakable levers Empty
PostSubject: ASV unbreakable levers   ASV unbreakable levers EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 3:13 am

Clutch shorty (very short!):
ASV unbreakable levers Asv1.th ASV unbreakable levers Asv2.th ASV unbreakable levers Asv6.th

Break shorty:
ASV unbreakable levers Asv4.th ASV unbreakable levers Asv5.th ASV unbreakable levers Asv7.th

Note I had to put some liquid metal at break lever switch contact point to make this lever activate the switch at all. Without this, brake indicator light kept engaged reagrdless of lever position. However, clutch lever works flawlessly. Maybe US model of WR has got different brake indicator light switch than EU model? If not, ASV would need to change lever design slightly and apply 1mm more of the material at this point.

Phil
Back to top Go down
yellowredlight

PostSubject: Re: ASV unbreakable levers   ASV unbreakable levers EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 9:32 am

i see you have hand guards, why do you need an "unbreakable" lever?

i also run hand guards, and wanted a "shorty" type lever. I just cut, rounded off and bent my levers so they work fantastic for two fingered action ASV unbreakable levers 810411
Back to top Go down
flatboarder

flatboarder

PostSubject: Re: ASV unbreakable levers   ASV unbreakable levers EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 9:46 am

yellowredlight wrote:
i see you have hand guards, why do you need an "unbreakable" lever?

i also run hand guards, and wanted a "shorty" type lever. I just cut, rounded off and bent my levers so they work fantastic for two fingered action ASV unbreakable levers 810411

ASV unbreakable levers is the term ASV uses for their levers, and so did I. These are C/5 levers, and to me these are simply nice aftermarket levers, I wanted to try out mainly for better adjustability. Actually I may not even use the brake lever legally over here, since any components of brake systems need special legal papers to be able to register them after installation. I am not aware of anybody offering such a paper for the ASV C/5 :)

BTW I do not believe handguards are 100% bulletproof because they would turn up or down at hard impacts, but they certainly help a lot preventing initial contact with levers.

Phil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ASV unbreakable levers   ASV unbreakable levers Empty

Back to top Go down

ASV unbreakable levers
Page 1 of 1