Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

IMS 3 Gallon - Locking Gas Cap AND Tank Strainer

Go down 
+5
njbill
eakins
GaryH
SheWolf
cuban11182
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

IMS 3 Gallon - Locking Gas Cap AND Tank Strainer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 Gallon - Locking Gas Cap AND Tank Strainer   IMS 3 Gallon - Locking Gas Cap AND Tank Strainer - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 1:14 pm

Hi, Lynn.

I don't visit AdvRider any more.

Last edited by LightFoot on Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:18 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 Gallon - Locking Gas Cap AND Tank Strainer   IMS 3 Gallon - Locking Gas Cap AND Tank Strainer - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 1:27 pm

I'd say it's a gamble whether it will work at present.

Last edited by LightFoot on Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:19 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 Gallon - Locking Gas Cap AND Tank Strainer   IMS 3 Gallon - Locking Gas Cap AND Tank Strainer - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 1:35 pm

this reply was verbose; edited for brevity.

Last edited by LightFoot on Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 Gallon - Locking Gas Cap AND Tank Strainer   IMS 3 Gallon - Locking Gas Cap AND Tank Strainer - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 2:34 pm

LARRY!IMS 3 Gallon - Locking Gas Cap AND Tank Strainer - Page 2 Banana-moon-dance It's good to see you show again! You know, even tho you might be finished modding and what not on BF, your input and ride experience has lent some important help and or insight to those of us who have/might be stuck. Plus, you've got a great sense of humor. It's kinda neat to have a bunch of regulars sit around and pass tips and stuff around, almost like a bunch of racers sitting in the pit drinking beer right after a big race. Very happy
Your help with the gas cap was great. I know with mine, it's the same thing. Lock the cap to do it up, tighten it until it contacts. I'll actually hear a kinda 'squeee' noise when I know it's tight. The only thing I notice is if my tank is like right full, it will leak from the cap. So I just don't fill it right to the neck. lurk

A wolf's voice echoed down the mountain 'Share the bounty of the hunt with your brothers and sisters, and forever be strong and free.' IMS 3 Gallon - Locking Gas Cap AND Tank Strainer - Page 2 Wolf_b10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 Gallon - Locking Gas Cap AND Tank Strainer   IMS 3 Gallon - Locking Gas Cap AND Tank Strainer - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 2:47 pm

Hi, Lynn!

Last edited by LightFoot on Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 Gallon - Locking Gas Cap AND Tank Strainer   IMS 3 Gallon - Locking Gas Cap AND Tank Strainer - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 3:07 pm

Bike's doing great, the guys all pitched in and got me a new helmet, which is gonna be shipped here soon. My Fox V2 finally wore out; my headliner is falling apart in pieces. Guess you can only wash those things so many times. Oh boy... *coughs* I just derailed. Shog

A wolf's voice echoed down the mountain 'Share the bounty of the hunt with your brothers and sisters, and forever be strong and free.' IMS 3 Gallon - Locking Gas Cap AND Tank Strainer - Page 2 Wolf_b10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 Gallon - Locking Gas Cap AND Tank Strainer   IMS 3 Gallon - Locking Gas Cap AND Tank Strainer - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 3:15 pm

Glad to hear it!

Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 Gallon - Locking Gas Cap AND Tank Strainer   IMS 3 Gallon - Locking Gas Cap AND Tank Strainer - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 3:56 pm

Just about there, yep. higher up there's still a fair whack of snow mind you, but most of the trails around here are open and muddeh. cheers

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 Gallon - Locking Gas Cap AND Tank Strainer   IMS 3 Gallon - Locking Gas Cap AND Tank Strainer - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 4:34 pm

I think I'm gonna have to get bigger knobs if I'm gonna ride on mud.

Back to top Go down
twday

twday

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 Gallon - Locking Gas Cap AND Tank Strainer   IMS 3 Gallon - Locking Gas Cap AND Tank Strainer - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 10:43 am

Apparently, the Profill folks are back to life. I was able to order a strainer last week and got an email saying it was on the way.
Back to top Go down
sswrx

sswrx

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 Gallon - Locking Gas Cap AND Tank Strainer   IMS 3 Gallon - Locking Gas Cap AND Tank Strainer - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 10:49 am

I wanted to get the cap & strainer but the link seems to be dead? Anyone got an up to date link for the kit?
Back to top Go down
twday

twday

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 Gallon - Locking Gas Cap AND Tank Strainer   IMS 3 Gallon - Locking Gas Cap AND Tank Strainer - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 12:52 pm

Scharcon wrote:
I had talked to Just Gas Tanks last year and they said they had tried the Acerbis locking cap on the IMS 3.1 and it wouldn't work. Other people have since posted up that it does. And now again that it doesn't ???

It's a close fit. I can see how a minor change in either the cap or the tank would result in that advice. I just bought the strainer and, when I tried to use it, I couldn't get enough thread to obtain a secure fit. So, I pulled the neoprene gasket from the cap and now it all goes together. I'll have to see if the strainer provides enough of a seal to keep my crotch from becoming a torch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 Gallon - Locking Gas Cap AND Tank Strainer   IMS 3 Gallon - Locking Gas Cap AND Tank Strainer - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

IMS 3 Gallon - Locking Gas Cap AND Tank Strainer
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2