Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Acerbis Locking Gas Cap on IMS 4.7 tank

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
47une

47une

Acerbis Locking Gas Cap on IMS 4.7 tank Empty
PostSubject: Acerbis Locking Gas Cap on IMS 4.7 tank   Acerbis Locking Gas Cap on IMS 4.7 tank EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 4:37 am

Hi all,

I went to order an Acerbis locking gas cap:

Make: Acerbis
Model: 2070769999
Fits: All Acerbis Tanks will the Larger Thread **All but KTM 2 Strokes

This is the reply I got from Just Gas Tanks:

Joe,
Please be aware that the Acerbis caps are not meant to fit any other than Acerbis tanks. They are known to fit the IMS tanks, however from our experience they only fit about 90% of the time. I have taken the same locking cap and tried to fit it on a few of our IMS tanks we have (they all use the same IMS cap and have the same threads on the tank). I have found that the Acerbis cap will only fit sometimes, and it is usually not the best fit. Sometimes you can pull on the cap hard enough to just pop it right off the threads on the tank, or in some cases you can not even screw it on. Do not get upset if it does not fit on your tank.
Thanks,
Tom

So what do you guys think? Is there anyone using one on their IMS 4.7 tank?? I want to know before I order.

Thanks,

Joe.
Back to top Go down
Scharcon

PostSubject: Re: Acerbis Locking Gas Cap on IMS 4.7 tank   Acerbis Locking Gas Cap on IMS 4.7 tank EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 9:42 am

Its like Tom says. Some fit and some don't. I rolled the dice and mine fit.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Acerbis Locking Gas Cap on IMS 4.7 tank   Acerbis Locking Gas Cap on IMS 4.7 tank EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 10:26 am

The cap fits on my 3.1, which is the same as the 4.7. I can't make it pop off like some of the others can. Acerbis Locking Gas Cap on IMS 4.7 tank 163123

PostSubject: Re: Acerbis Locking Gas Cap on IMS 4.7 tank   Acerbis Locking Gas Cap on IMS 4.7 tank EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 10:28 am

Mine works fine.

John
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: Acerbis Locking Gas Cap on IMS 4.7 tank   Acerbis Locking Gas Cap on IMS 4.7 tank EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 10:33 am

47une wrote:
Hi all,

I went to order an Acerbis locking gas cap:

Make: Acerbis
Model: 2070769999
Fits: All Acerbis Tanks will the Larger Thread **All but KTM 2 Strokes

This is the reply I got from Just Gas Tanks:

Joe,
Please be aware that the Acerbis caps are not meant to fit any other than Acerbis tanks. They are known to fit the IMS tanks, however from our experience they only fit about 90% of the time. I have taken the same locking cap and tried to fit it on a few of our IMS tanks we have (they all use the same IMS cap and have the same threads on the tank). I have found that the Acerbis cap will only fit sometimes, and it is usually not the best fit. Sometimes you can pull on the cap hard enough to just pop it right off the threads on the tank, or in some cases you can not even screw it on. Do not get upset if it does not fit on your tank.
Thanks,
Tom

So what do you guys think? Is there anyone using one on their IMS 4.7 tank?? I want to know before I order.

Thanks,

Joe.
Is that gas tank vented?
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: Acerbis Locking Gas Cap on IMS 4.7 tank   Acerbis Locking Gas Cap on IMS 4.7 tank EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 10:34 am

jeickerman wrote:
Mine works fine.
Have you riden with it in the wet? Does it allow any water to leak in?
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: Acerbis Locking Gas Cap on IMS 4.7 tank   Acerbis Locking Gas Cap on IMS 4.7 tank EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 10:35 am

Edit: this was a repeated post by me, I messed up! Don't know how to delete it...

Last edited by deerHater on Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Acerbis Locking Gas Cap on IMS 4.7 tank   Acerbis Locking Gas Cap on IMS 4.7 tank EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 10:36 am

I've ridden mine in a torrential downpour and only the top of it got wet. Nothing leaked thru the key assembly or up from underneath. As for the venting, it doesn't give that phoosh noise unvented caps make; it's just like taking off the stock cap.

PostSubject: Cap is vented   Acerbis Locking Gas Cap on IMS 4.7 tank EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 10:57 am

A KLR rider put the bike on the side on pavement and let it sit there and a little bit of gasoline leaked out, but wasn't a torrential spill, and this was over time. If you lay your WR down, you won't lose a gallon in seconds.

The other nice thing is you don't have to have the vent hose sticking up, or out forward with the SheWolf mod. That is worth it to me right there.

John
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Acerbis Locking Gas Cap on IMS 4.7 tank   Acerbis Locking Gas Cap on IMS 4.7 tank Empty

Back to top Go down

Acerbis Locking Gas Cap on IMS 4.7 tank
Page 1 of 1