Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Got some upgrades...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
cannon

cannon

Got some upgrades... Empty
PostSubject: Got some upgrades...   Got some upgrades... EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 8:01 pm

No performance stuff, just cosmetic mods. Added mirrors, 12 O'Clock Labs Edge2 (Integrated), Custom Dynamics plate light and custom plate mount $0 (bailing wire, is there anything it can't do?). Yeah the plate set up is rigged, but its a supermoto dammit, not a $20k cruiser.

I have 850 miles on it so far and am really enjoying the bike. The handling is just amazing!

Sorry for the odd color balance, I took these with the cell phone.

Got some upgrades... IMAG0174

Got some upgrades... IMAG0176

Got some upgrades... IMAG0177

Got some upgrades... IMAG0173

Got some upgrades... IMAG0172

Got some upgrades... IMAG0166

Is this normal for stock tires? I can corner decently, but I thought I was taking it kind of easy with the break in and all.

I had to really push it to get the chicken strips off my 599, now I ride a bit, look down, and they are already gone. scratch

Got some upgrades... IMAG0167
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: Got some upgrades...   Got some upgrades... EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 10:57 pm

Yeah, it's a great handling bike, just amazing. thumb

Nice tail tidy. I still need to get to that.

Try trimming it's beak too. It's easy and looks great. Use some masking tape to make the lines, then cut with a utility knife. File and sane the edges and it's great. Just remember that you can always take more off, but it's hard to glue it back on in a useful fashion.
Back to top Go down
SoupSandwich

SoupSandwich

PostSubject: Re: Got some upgrades...   Got some upgrades... EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 12:36 am

Your bike looks great!!!! thumb
Back to top Go down
cannon

cannon

PostSubject: Re: Got some upgrades...   Got some upgrades... EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 3:20 am

Thanks guys.

I am undecided on the whole front fender issue. I almost prefer the stock over the trimmed. What would be nice for me, is a low street type fender that you could swap back and forth with the 'beak'.

I end up doing more than my fair share of riding in the rain. I don't want to get any more wet than I already do.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Got some upgrades...   Got some upgrades... EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 8:58 am

Where'd you get them mirrors? Link please. thumb

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
cannon

cannon

PostSubject: Re: Got some upgrades...   Got some upgrades... EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 12:38 pm

Got 'em from amazon, they are Powerstands.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000WK51FM/ref=oss_product

I am still getting used to them. They provide a wide range of view to either side, but I am not getting that good of a view to the rear. I may supplement them with another rearview as I saw another forum member do.

Be careful installing them. This was the upgrade I was most looking forward to. The delivery came; I hurried out to the bike to install them right off the bat.

While I was setting it up, I had the clamp loose, to give a final position to the mirror. I was thinking "Wouldn't it be stupid if I didn't support the mirror right now and it dropped out of the clamp." Right after I thought that, I started fiddling with another part of the mirror and did just that. GAHHHH I just looked at the broken mirror in utter disbelief.

I called Powerstands direct and was able to get a replacement mirror for $10.

...then I almost dropped it again. baldy
Back to top Go down
Vortac

Vortac

PostSubject: Re: Got some upgrades...   Got some upgrades... EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 9:59 am

sweet, another one for the no cut fender club, haha.

as for your chicken strips... or lack thereof, i think this picture is probably the best visual as to why they're so easy to get rid of. just having your bike on the kickstand almost brings it to the edge of the tire. a couple more degrees over, and you're there. step up to a 150 tire on the stock rims, and A) you'll never get rid of them, and most importantly, B) you'll never run out of tire at full lean

Back to top Go down
cannon

cannon

PostSubject: Re: Got some upgrades...   Got some upgrades... EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 1:35 pm

I have been thinking about getting some BT003's already. The 150's sound like the obvious choice and I saw from another thread that they will have enough clearance on the rear.

Should I be upping the size of the front from 110? and to what? I still have a little bit unused on the front, but not much.
Back to top Go down
Vortac

Vortac

PostSubject: Re: Got some upgrades...   Got some upgrades... EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 8:15 am

i have just that, 003's in a 150 rear, 110 front, and recently had it out for another track day and had no problems. i believe love2lean (picture at the top of the forum) has the same setup and has agreed that you're not going to see the edge of the rear tire.

it has great grip at the edges

Got some upgrades... 5070882427_65a68a4616
Back to top Go down
cannon

cannon

PostSubject: Re: Got some upgrades...   Got some upgrades... EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 2:31 pm

Vortac wrote:
sweet, another one for the no cut fender club, haha.

as for your chicken strips... or lack thereof, i think this picture is probably the best visual as to why they're so easy to get rid of. just having your bike on the kickstand almost brings it to the edge of the tire. a couple more degrees over, and you're there. step up to a 150 tire on the stock rims, and A) you'll never get rid of them, and most importantly, B) you'll never run out of tire at full lean

It is a bit confusing, because the stock tires seem to grip very well, however it appears that there would only be a few more degrees of lean (from what is pictured) before you would be riding past the edge of the tire. And at that point you could surmise that things would quickly deteriorate traction wise. It doesn't seem to though. scratch

Thanks Vortac. So what are your thoughts of keeping the stock front and adding the 003 150 rear?
Back to top Go down
Vortac

Vortac

PostSubject: Re: Got some upgrades...   Got some upgrades... EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 8:03 am

from everything i've read, you're not supposed to mix compounds of tires. not sure how that would apply to a 003 and a 090 as they're pretty similar tires. but that's beyond my expertise so i'll let someone else chime in. the tires for these are so cheap, i see no reason not to spring for the front tire as well.

and also keep in mind that your tires will flex a bit under load in corners, so while i looks like you'll ride off the edge of the 140 pretty quick, it's still a good size tire. i had the stockers out at a track day and they did just fine producing similar results as the picture above.
Back to top Go down
cannon

cannon

PostSubject: Re: Got some upgrades...   Got some upgrades... EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 3:16 pm

Problem is, my wallet has been emptied with the bike purchase and upgrades. Probably better just to wait to get the set I suppose.

Makes sense about the flexing.

What tire pressure do you run street/vs track?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Got some upgrades...   Got some upgrades... Empty

Back to top Go down

Got some upgrades...
Page 1 of 1