Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

suspension upgrades

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Reschly

Reschly

suspension upgrades Empty
PostSubject: suspension upgrades   suspension upgrades EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 8:44 am

Has anyone installed aftermarket valving ? Although the the stock valving works very well, I am not all that thrilled with how it acts under very harsh almost moto like conditions. the front seems almost spongy after a few laps at the local moto track. (and no I am not talking off of jumps this thing will jump well but thats not the problem) It seems like either the oil is to lite or that as the oil gets hot the front end goes spongy. It does not happen under hard trail riding it just seems to appear after 3 to 5 laps on the moto track, not sure if it is a valving issue or what the deal is. At this point I am considering upgrading to Race Tech Gold Valves unless you guys can shed some light on this.
Back to top Go down
CopaMundial

PostSubject: Re: suspension upgrades   suspension upgrades EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 7:49 pm

You have an issue with the performance of the FRONT suspension?
How do you have your rear set up? The rear is the source of all of my issues.
Back to top Go down
Reschly

Reschly

PostSubject: Re: suspension upgrades   suspension upgrades EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 6:43 pm

My rear shock has been replaced by a Race Tech G3
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: suspension upgrades   suspension upgrades EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 12:30 am

Your description of the front becoming spongy sounds like an oil issue to me. Admittedly, I don't know much about dirt bike setup, but my experience with other suspension would say that your oil is either getting too hot or it's foaming. Maybe try a different oil. I'm going to switch to Ohlins when I get around to picking some up. I know a race tech valve kit exists for the forks, but I'm going to play with oil first.

I hadn't seen the race tech G3 for the rear. Is that a valve kit, or is it a whole shock?
Back to top Go down
Reschly

Reschly

PostSubject: Re: suspension upgrades   suspension upgrades EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 8:27 pm

Its a valve kit and spring, made a world of difference worst part was waiting the 2 weeks to get it back but well worth it
Back to top Go down
dirtytrixx400

dirtytrixx400

PostSubject: Re: suspension upgrades   suspension upgrades EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 1:21 am

CopaMundial wrote:
You have an issue with the performance of the FRONT suspension?
How do you have your rear set up? The rear is the source of all of my issues.

same here for me....my front seems "ok". it's not great,but seems like it's alot stiffer overall than the rear.
i'll agree with it may be an oil issue,i was already thinking on changing mine out soon.
Back to top Go down
Ministry

PostSubject: Re: suspension upgrades   suspension upgrades EmptyFri May 01, 2009 1:54 pm

Why would you respring and revalve the rear shock but leave the front stock?
Back to top Go down
Reschly

Reschly

PostSubject: Re: suspension upgrades   suspension upgrades EmptySat May 02, 2009 7:28 am

Because my wallet was a little thin at the time and I was not happy with it from the start. I think this sums up WHY
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: suspension upgrades   suspension upgrades Empty

Back to top Go down

suspension upgrades
Page 1 of 1