Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Who has lost their factory tool kit?

Go down 
+6
X-Racer
inspector
john92
skierd
dc4stroke
mhm2a
10 posters
AuthorMessage
mhm2a

Who has lost their factory tool kit? Empty
PostSubject: Who has lost their factory tool kit?   Who has lost their factory tool kit? EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 3:38 pm

Who has lost their factory tool kit....I lost mine on the first ride. It looks as if it can move up an down enough to come off the bottom bracket and then come off. I was thinking about tapping that bottom grommet hole and putting a bolt and washer to keep the bottom end down but then I thought maybe I just didnt put it back on right and that is why it came off.....whats the word on the street and trail?
Back to top Go down
dc4stroke

dc4stroke

PostSubject: Re: Who has lost their factory tool kit?   Who has lost their factory tool kit? EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 4:30 pm

Still got mine, no problem.
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: Who has lost their factory tool kit?   Who has lost their factory tool kit? EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 9:45 pm

Mine was stolen once, but I never lost it on the trail. The band may have broken?

Regardless, the tool kit is only about $40 from Yamaha Sports Plaza.
Back to top Go down
mhm2a

PostSubject: Re: Who has lost their factory tool kit?   Who has lost their factory tool kit? EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 10:17 pm

I ordered another and they were on national backorder for some reason, but it did come in this week. I am gonna figure out a way to secure it a little better and I will keep everyone posted on what I come up with.
Back to top Go down
john92

PostSubject: Re: Who has lost their factory tool kit?   Who has lost their factory tool kit? EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 11:19 pm

Mine is still OK. I almost lost it once when the strap got messed up. It's actually just an empty black box right now though.
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: Who has lost their factory tool kit?   Who has lost their factory tool kit? EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 11:57 pm

something hit mine and bent the bracket. Ended up finding the tool kit but missing the strap. Might just order that strap now.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Who has lost their factory tool kit?   Who has lost their factory tool kit? EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 1:43 am

I told the girl to never take her's out for fear she'd never get it back in (She would, she's a packaging engineer as well as other things)

In reality the tools can be replaced with mo betta tools.

I carry a tool bag and my tool container carries a mini WD-40 and a replenish-able mini bottle of chain oil.

Either way the OEM tools do not cover the reality of riding off-road.
Back to top Go down
john92

PostSubject: Re: Who has lost their factory tool kit?   Who has lost their factory tool kit? EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 8:27 am

That's why my box is empty. I have with a tool wrap in my tail bag that has a variety of Craftsman and other goodies in there. I tried to think through what I could actually need/use without going too crazy.
Back to top Go down
njbill

njbill

PostSubject: Re: Who has lost their factory tool kit?   Who has lost their factory tool kit? EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 10:13 pm

A tree on a nasty single track trail swiped mine. I got it back but not without permanent damage to the mount. Very happy
Back to top Go down
mattf

PostSubject: Re: Who has lost their factory tool kit?   Who has lost their factory tool kit? EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 10:33 pm

one day trail riding we stopped for a break and mine was still held on by the strap but it was a good inch and half above the bracket it normally sits on and barely being held by the strap. no problems other than that once though.
Back to top Go down
mhm2a

PostSubject: Re: Who has lost their factory tool kit?   Who has lost their factory tool kit? EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 5:30 pm

When I lost mine the top and strap were still attached to the bike. This means the bottom part bounced off the post that goes through the toolkit and then it fell away from the bike. My simple solution was to put a zip-ty around the frame at the bottom of the tool kit to keep it against the frame which should keep it on in theory, unless it twists or is knocked of by a tree.
Back to top Go down
hamish54

PostSubject: Lost minte   Who has lost their factory tool kit? EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 12:11 am

Lost mine by the 5th ride on the trail. Oh, well the only decent tool in the kit was the sparkplug socket. Loss of the kit pushed me to make up my own with enough tools to perform maintainence except for an engine rebuild. Recently, made a carrier from 3" PVC. Cut off the bottom kit mount to make room for the longer (13") PVC tube.
Back to top Go down
velvetcows

velvetcows

PostSubject: Re: Who has lost their factory tool kit?   Who has lost their factory tool kit? EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 12:23 am

lost mine going up a set of stairs. bannana
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who has lost their factory tool kit?   Who has lost their factory tool kit? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who has lost their factory tool kit?
Page 1 of 1