Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Best 7/8" bars??

Go down 
+2
KLRchickie
DougZ
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DougZ

DougZ

Best 7/8" bars?? Empty
PostSubject: Best 7/8" bars??   Best 7/8" bars?? EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 9:04 am

For a couple reasons, I am sticking with 7/8" bars.

What is the strongest set out there? I have bent two sets now and want something that will hold up a little better.

Back to top Go down
KLRchickie

Best 7/8" bars?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best 7/8" bars??   Best 7/8" bars?? EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 9:17 am

Renthal are pretty hard to bend. We're very happy with ours!
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Best 7/8" bars?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best 7/8" bars??   Best 7/8" bars?? EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 9:31 am

+1 on the Renthals, I've got them and they have seen some good smacks without any bends! thumb

DougZ

Best 7/8" bars?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best 7/8" bars??   Best 7/8" bars?? EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 10:24 am

First set I bent was Renthals. LOL I put the stockers back on after that and they now have seem to have a slight bend in them. I do not even remember doing it.

Yeah, that is how I roll. Very happy
Back to top Go down
DougZ

DougZ

Best 7/8" bars?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best 7/8" bars??   Best 7/8" bars?? EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 1:36 pm

Which bar bend is closest to stock??
Back to top Go down
foofighter

foofighter

Best 7/8" bars?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best 7/8" bars??   Best 7/8" bars?? EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 7:10 pm

This may be insulting your intelligence but I made this mistake once so I thought I would pass it on.

Sometimes after a hard get-off the bars seem to be bent. However from my experience 2 out of 3 times its just that the forks have twisted a bit. Easiest way to tell is see if the front tire is still in line with the front fender. If not then park the bike beside a power pole or a tree and whack the front tire against it a few times to straighten her out.

On a side note, I am curious as to why you don't want to get a larger bar? I have pro taper Evo's and I can't see these things ever bending!!!
Back to top Go down
DougZ

DougZ

Best 7/8" bars?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best 7/8" bars??   Best 7/8" bars?? EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 9:44 pm

The time I bent the first ones, those were renthals and I did have to untweek the forks too. The bars were still plenty bent.

I am avoiding going with oversized bars at this point, due to cost...new lower clamps, new HDB top clamp, new hard guards and the bars themselves...~$250.

Cheaper to buy a new set of 7/8 bars and try crashing less. Very happy
Back to top Go down
greer

Best 7/8" bars?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best 7/8" bars??   Best 7/8" bars?? EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 6:42 am

Take a look at the Tusk bars from Rocky Mtn.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
No~One

No~One

Best 7/8" bars?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best 7/8" bars??   Best 7/8" bars?? EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 2:23 pm

I'm due for a new bar, stock bar is now destroyed from epic Sicilian trails, is 7/8" the same size as the factory ones? And what bar bend is closet to stock?

Many thanks.
Back to top Go down
DougZ

DougZ

Best 7/8" bars?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best 7/8" bars??   Best 7/8" bars?? EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 2:37 pm

No~One wrote:
I'm due for a new bar, stock bar is now destroyed from epic Sicilian trails, is 7/8" the same size as the factory ones? And what bar bend is closet to stock?

Many thanks.

I'll reply, since I ask this on multiple boards and got a good majority answer. Pro Taper's seem to be the choice, and the closest to stock is the Henry/Reed bend.
Back to top Go down
greer

Best 7/8" bars?? Empty
PostSubject: Factory bar specs   Best 7/8" bars?? EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 9:37 pm

Cut & Paste from Advrider thread:

Stock bars are 30.7" W, 3.8" H, 2.6" Pull Back.

From RichardU way back in Sept '09. I knew I'd made a note of that somewhere. And here's a chart from Rocky Mtn:

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/handlebarinfo.do

Sarah

Last edited by greer on Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add link)
Back to top Go down
No~One

No~One

Best 7/8" bars?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best 7/8" bars??   Best 7/8" bars?? EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 4:57 am

Nice, thanks for the chart.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Best 7/8" bars?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best 7/8" bars??   Best 7/8" bars?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Best 7/8" bars??
Page 1 of 1