Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Lost my gas cap - What are my options?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
max9505672

Lost my gas cap - What are my options? Empty
PostSubject: Lost my gas cap - What are my options?   Lost my gas cap - What are my options? EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 11:04 am

Hey guys,

I can't seem to find information on internet about this. I lost my gas cap and I am looking for options. I called the dealer and it's approximately 200$ to get a new one with a lock and a key.

I'd be open to get a non-lockable one, but can't seem to find one that would fit.

Anyone of you had to go through this issue?

Thanks
Max
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Lost my gas cap - What are my options?   Lost my gas cap - What are my options? EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 9:05 pm

You could ask over on the ADV website; the number of riders over at that monster site dwarfs or membership here.
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Lost my gas cap - What are my options?   Lost my gas cap - What are my options? EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 4:49 am

max9505672 wrote:
I called the dealer and it's approximately 200$ to get a new one with a lock and a key.

Both ServiceHonda and Rocky Mountain have the gas cap in stock for about $90; I don't know of any aftermarket options.
Back to top Go down
Ernesto Unionista

PostSubject: Re: Lost my gas cap - What are my options?   Lost my gas cap - What are my options? EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 2:59 pm

Partzilla lists two different cap assemblies for $86. Note that California emission models and 49 state models have different part numbers. IDK what the difference is.
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Lost my gas cap - What are my options?   Lost my gas cap - What are my options? EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 8:04 pm

Ernesto Unionista wrote:
Note that California emission models and 49 state models have different part numbers. IDK what the difference is.

Non-California models allow gas fumes to vent through the gas cap to the atmosphere; California models route those fumes to a charcoal canister where the harmful chemicals are captured.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lost my gas cap - What are my options?   Lost my gas cap - What are my options? Empty

Back to top Go down

Lost my gas cap - What are my options?
Page 1 of 1