Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Post A Random Pic

Go down 
+30
NAMze
mollett89
D28NY
WRXR
Daamud
deerHater
Mikechicago
motokid
BuilderBob
IndigoWolf
boogn1sh
Hertz
PYG RYDR
bsheet2
Goggles Pisano
GaryH
KC0514
dc4stroke
gatorfan
velvetcows
Jäger
cannon
skierd
usgpru27
YZEtc
KLRchickie
SheWolf
rokka
3KGT_Maddness
little squirt
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
rarepartbuilder

rarepartbuilder

Post A Random Pic - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: good to give back   Post A Random Pic - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 6:42 am

a couple of years ago i passed a carcus laying on a woods road.. an hour later after finding out the road was dead end i drove back and noticed the racoon on its opp side.. it had been severely dehydrated so i put it in my tank bag with a plan to nurse it back to life..

limp rag.. didnt need to worry about him jumping out..

Post A Random Pic - Page 4 16524624573_e24324bee7_c
3fej by freewillieklr, on Flickr

Post A Random Pic - Page 4 17144794545_025fc8f643_c
pcq8 by freewillieklr, on Flickr

a couple days later....

Post A Random Pic - Page 4 16524624183_56f50da1fe_c
sum8 by freewillieklr, on Flickr
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

PostSubject: Re: Post A Random Pic   Post A Random Pic - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 8:37 pm

Is he still around or did he take off when he was healthy?
Back to top Go down
rarepartbuilder

rarepartbuilder

PostSubject: Re: Post A Random Pic   Post A Random Pic - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 5:40 am

no..he would have dismantled the house.eeek .. raccoons purr like a cat when you hold them.. i was getting attached real quick though . I googled the likely hood of domestification and its constant havoc. I named him chance... he was too small to fend for himself ... still would suck on a syringe .. ended up at the best possible scenario a place called the Atlantic wildlife institute where he would be cared for and released at sexual maturity.. his new home is only about 10 kms from my house. I made a dontation when i dropped him off so it was win win..

http://atlanticwildlife.ca/

Back to top Go down
Ziabeam

Ziabeam

PostSubject: Re: Post A Random Pic   Post A Random Pic - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 1:35 pm

Rescued her on November 12, 2013
Dammit !...
...It Pee Leaks!... and was, when first observed, billowing scarcely audible yet hauntingly desperate gripes from the darkest depths of its peanut sized lungs regarding its tormented incarceration, tangled and toyed with, set free time and again, only to be ambushed, besieged, assailed, then not so kindly... during deliberate escapes... raided stormed and bombarded anew by the declawed red-headed menace...... a lingering and abysmal regimen of pain, accosted until its velvet cloak glistened of feline saliva, as unsightly as a soiled third world Christmas ornament, discarded and fluttering in that blustery November night years ago, screaming as loud as a cricket might yawn. It took 3 of us to corner it, and fling the cat aside, who thought as the first responder... we should all leave, and let him alone with the business of sadistic bliss he had conjured, which by all appearances amused him immensely. The pitiful creature now lacks vision in that eye, having been impaled by one of Baxter's probing denticles. Where a remarkably engineered night vision capable orb once existed, was a puss laden withered lump of flesh resembling a runt raisin. The stereoscopic mastery of range estimation it once possessed, lain half tattered in the crevices of a crumpled eye socket. While it healed there were awkward stares, holding the left side of its face upwards, scuttling along as if imprinted upon by Quasimodo.

If my math serves, not that I care, it took seven cents a day in Pedialyte, diced fresh apples, pumpkin seeds, and hand ground honey roasted peanuts from the fresh market to resuscitate its tenor... or soprano. Never fully investigated the gender, aside from burnishing its ass with a Q-Tip during rehabilitation... dispensing of loose bowels peanuts were the culprit of. If it were a male Popeye might have been a fine given name !
My hunch is due to its willingness to eat and drink from my hand, and sleep on my chest... She is of the gentler persuasion, and would aptly be named
Amelia... the southern flying squirrel.

November 12, 2013... still wet from the cat's mouth
Post A Random Pic - Page 4 11141310
November 13, 2013
Post A Random Pic - Page 4 11141311
May 29, 2014
Post A Random Pic - Page 4 Aimee_10

Named her Aimee. Her eye healed up pretty, but lacks the cornea so she's blind in that eye. She is a great pet. She can't judge distances, and would perish in the wild, so she's now family.
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: Post A Random Pic   Post A Random Pic - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 8:32 pm

Good on you guys, think thats great, Im for ever taking care of wounded birds, I have around a 99% rate, my kids laugh at me, but its pretty nice to give back, cheer`s
Back to top Go down
Ziabeam

Ziabeam

PostSubject: Re: Post A Random Pic   Post A Random Pic - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 2:23 am

Thanks Fiftygrit !!
From your success rate it's clear you must know this, but for anyone else rescuing an animal.... hydrate them FIRST, let them rest, and Google the snot out of what they need.
Dr. DoLittle I ain't... but I do try on rare occasions. In fact my squirrel almost died from calcium deficiencies... a relatively unique "condition" to southern fling squirrels. She's fine now though.
Growing up I did a lot more exterminating than saving of critters, and still enjoy a good hunt, but some (most) animals are simply awesome, and teach me more about myself and life alive than dead bannana
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post A Random Pic   Post A Random Pic - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Post A Random Pic
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4