Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

2010 WRR Bogging Down In First?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DesertRider

2010 WRR Bogging Down In First?  Empty
PostSubject: 2010 WRR Bogging Down In First?    2010 WRR Bogging Down In First?  EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 10:52 am

My 2010 WRR -- 1,000 miles on it -- has been bogging down in first gear lately. I've been using premium fuel, but wondering if maybe the ethanol content is too high? I've heard 10 % and above can creat problems, including bogging. It's Shell gas. Should I switch to regular? Or, maybe it's something else? Anyone else having problems with the 2010's?

Gotta take it in for its first service soon...maybe that will provide some answers.

Back to top Go down
M1A Rifleman

PostSubject: Re: 2010 WRR Bogging Down In First?    2010 WRR Bogging Down In First?  EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 11:15 am

More info needed. When does it bog? Like after you left off the clutch and sort of let it idle in first? Or, are you actually rolling on the throttle and its bogging? How many tanks of fuel have you noticed this problem - maybe you got a bad tank of fuel or maybe its got water in it? Also assume the bike is stock with no mods right? Tking to the dealer is a wise choice since it is underwarranty with 1000 miles, but some initial thoughts are: bad fuel, bad spark plug, or the dreaded operator error. These bikes tend not to lugg very well and I notice my tends to act boggy when I lug it.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: 2010 WRR Bogging Down In First?    2010 WRR Bogging Down In First?  EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 11:42 am

Have you changed the oil in it yet, and if so what oil are you using? Can't say Mine has ever bogged down in first; I can lug it right down and let it roll on its own with the clutch out and not have it stall. 2010 WRR Bogging Down In First?  29721

PostSubject: Re: 2010 WRR Bogging Down In First?    2010 WRR Bogging Down In First?  EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 12:07 pm

M1A Rifleman wrote:
More info needed. When does it bog? Like after you left off the clutch and sort of let it idle in first? Or, are you actually rolling on the throttle and its bogging? How many tanks of fuel have you noticed this problem - maybe you got a bad tank of fuel or maybe its got water in it? Also assume the bike is stock with no mods right? Tking to the dealer is a wise choice since it is underwarranty with 1000 miles, but some initial thoughts are: bad fuel, bad spark plug, or the dreaded operator error. These bikes tend not to lugg very well and I notice my tends to act boggy when I lug it.

[/quote] Have you changed the oil in it yet, and if so what oil are you using? Can't say Mine has ever bogged down in first; I can lug it right down and let it roll on its own with the clutch out and not have it stall. [/quote]

Yeah, it bogs when I let the clutch out and crank the throttle in first. Right at that moment, in fact. Then I get a sudden burst of acceleration like the fuel finally got there and go into 2nd, etc. and it's fine. If I have to stop right away directly after that, it might happen once more. But if I get up into 4th and back down to stop, it doesn't do it again. And yeah, it's totally stock at the moment.

Haven't had changed the oil yet, but am taking it in this morning for its first service ever. So we'll see.

Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: 2010 WRR Bogging Down In First?    2010 WRR Bogging Down In First?  EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 12:12 pm

Ok, oil change is good. I noticed that after adding the fuel tuner it was much more responsive. One of the better mods to be done, IMO. 2010 WRR Bogging Down In First?  61865

Boondocker

PostSubject: Re: 2010 WRR Bogging Down In First?    2010 WRR Bogging Down In First?  EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 3:45 pm

Are your bogging symptoms when the engine is fully warm? Mine will bog when cold if I'm not real gentle with the throttle. After about 5 minutes or 5 miles, when it's fully up to operating temperature, then I have no bogging, even if I'm sloppy off the line.
Back to top Go down
DesertRider

PostSubject: Re: 2010 WRR Bogging Down In First?    2010 WRR Bogging Down In First?  EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 4:46 pm

Boondocker wrote:
Are your bogging symptoms when the engine is fully warm? Mine will bog when cold if I'm not real gentle with the throttle. After about 5 minutes or 5 miles, when it's fully up to operating temperature, then I have no bogging, even if I'm sloppy off the line.

That may also be the issue. It's in the shop now, so I should know more soon. Thanks for the input!
Back to top Go down
DesertRider

PostSubject: Re: 2010 WRR Bogging Down In First?    2010 WRR Bogging Down In First?  EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 5:52 pm

Just got it back from the shop after its very first service -- runs like the WRR it is!! I noticed the gearing seems touchier - I have to let the clutch WAY out in 1st, whereas I had a smaller friction zone before the service appt. Weird, or normal? Maybe that's what happens after they lube it up and replace fluids.

Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: 2010 WRR Bogging Down In First?    2010 WRR Bogging Down In First?  EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 5:18 am

They may have checked/adjusted the cable free-play.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2010 WRR Bogging Down In First?    2010 WRR Bogging Down In First?  Empty

Back to top Go down

2010 WRR Bogging Down In First?
Page 1 of 1