Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Driven Carbon Fiber Handlebar

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
diego@cyclesector.com

diego@cyclesector.com

Driven Carbon Fiber Handlebar Empty
PostSubject: Driven Carbon Fiber Handlebar   Driven Carbon Fiber Handlebar EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 1:51 am

Got this installed the other day and it looks awesome on the bike. The risers also give the bike a better overall feel. Check it out:

Driven Carbon Fiber Handlebar 2ia9xtk

Driven Carbon Fiber Handlebar 15qxh1i

Driven Carbon Fiber Handlebar 28so6xs

Driven Carbon Fiber Handlebar Ne72b5

Im gonna do a build thread soon I think, I got a decent list of mods on this bike already and much more to come :)
Back to top Go down
dc4stroke

dc4stroke

PostSubject: Re: Driven Carbon Fiber Handlebar   Driven Carbon Fiber Handlebar EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 3:28 am

What bend are they? I take it you used an adapter on top the stock lower clamp?
Back to top Go down
diego@cyclesector.com

diego@cyclesector.com

PostSubject: Re: Driven Carbon Fiber Handlebar   Driven Carbon Fiber Handlebar EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 4:13 am

Its made by Driven. Its still an aluminum bar with a CF wrap. I actually already crash tested them and they held up just fine.

The risers mount right up to the stock clamp.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Driven Carbon Fiber Handlebar   Driven Carbon Fiber Handlebar EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 9:10 pm

So what is the theory of the CF wrapped Al ?

...or is there one besides it looks killer ?
Back to top Go down
diego@cyclesector.com

diego@cyclesector.com

PostSubject: Re: Driven Carbon Fiber Handlebar   Driven Carbon Fiber Handlebar EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 9:55 pm

Yeah Im pretty certain its all about style. Since I own a sportbike shop I want to make this bike look sharp so I can have it on display :)
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Driven Carbon Fiber Handlebar   Driven Carbon Fiber Handlebar EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 10:33 pm

You don't have to tell me.

I'm a CF slut... ...it's all over the place.

If they made a man-sized panty-liner in CF I'd have one.

I'd look like a man like Tina Turner in "Beyond Thunderdome".
Back to top Go down
dc4stroke

dc4stroke

PostSubject: Re: Driven Carbon Fiber Handlebar   Driven Carbon Fiber Handlebar EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 1:11 pm

Ok they look good. But the question remains. Which bend are they. Is it a YZ bend, a CR high/low, or other? And since they are mounted in adapters on top of the regular mounts. It would make a difference to those of us that might not want to mount them up in a clamp on top of a clamp. Which raises them overall. Compared to a standard type mount. I'm not into adapters. It doesn't show attention to detail. Which if your doing it to showcase a product or service. You would want to do. Not that the adaptors wouldn't give just as good a service. I just don't do adapters and would probably need a taller bend.

But heck ya didn't answer my question.....So ya get ragged a bit. Had you answered the question I might of even considered buying them from ya. Peace YAM
Back to top Go down
diego@cyclesector.com

diego@cyclesector.com

PostSubject: Re: Driven Carbon Fiber Handlebar   Driven Carbon Fiber Handlebar EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 2:47 pm

They come in a few different applications. Check out the Driven page for specs:

http://www.drivenracing.com/content.cfm/go/handle-bar-applications

The CF Meteor bars are a 1 1/8 bar, so they will not mount up to the stock clamp. You will need the adapters/risers.

If you are interested in one of their handlebars please let me know.
Back to top Go down
dc4stroke

dc4stroke

PostSubject: Re: Driven Carbon Fiber Handlebar   Driven Carbon Fiber Handlebar EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 8:49 pm

I certainly understand that they are available in different bends. All bars are. Been to thier site.
Different mounts are available rather than the "adapters" which sit atop the stock mounts. Sized for this diameter bar that "replace" the stockers.

Back to top Go down
diego@cyclesector.com

diego@cyclesector.com

PostSubject: Re: Driven Carbon Fiber Handlebar   Driven Carbon Fiber Handlebar EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 9:08 pm

Just wanna throw this out there, but if anyone is interested in these bars, or any Driven products...this Friday will be a good time ;)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Driven Carbon Fiber Handlebar   Driven Carbon Fiber Handlebar Empty

Back to top Go down

Driven Carbon Fiber Handlebar
Page 1 of 1