Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Problem Starting

Go down 
AuthorMessage
granite4brains

granite4brains

Problem Starting Empty
PostSubject: Problem Starting   Problem Starting EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 1:49 pm

I'm not sure if this is a real problem, but it did shake my confidence a bit.

Went to go for a ride the other day and the bike would not start. I normally just push the ignition and it starts right up. But this time it kept cycling and cycling, but would not start. Even let out a little backfire of sorts at one point.

But, then I decided to just give it a little gas while hitting the ignition switch .... started right up. But seemed like it was idling funny, like took it a bit to come up to where it usually idles.

After that, it would start, but not quite as easily as usual, and would idle funny for a few secs.

Took it out on a few rides since then (200+ total miles) and it seems fine now.

One thing I sorta suspect is that a few days before this started I accidentally stripped the oil plug bolt. Took it to the dealer and they put a timesert in. It started no problem at the dealer when they test fired it.

But just wondering if maybe they had it laying on its side or something .. some air got in maybe, or something.

Anybody have anything like this happen before?

Back to top Go down

Problem Starting
Page 1 of 1