Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New member from Missouri

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

New member from Missouri Empty
PostSubject: New member from Missouri   New member from Missouri EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 9:08 am

A short introduction: An old man from mid-Missouri riding a new 2008 WR250R, or I would be but am sidelined due to shoulder surgery, should be riding shortly. Always up for a good back road ride.

Teep
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: New member from Missouri   New member from Missouri EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 9:22 am

Welcome to the pack, Teep!! What did you do to the shoulder? That's got to make it rather difficult to sleep on. eeek

PostSubject: Bone spur   New member from Missouri EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 9:44 am

Had a bone spur that cut into the rotator cuff. Surgery on Dec. 23, should loose the brace today. Temp is to be around 60 degrees Friday and Saturday so I'll have to try a short ride.

Teep
Back to top Go down
YamWOW!
Admin
YamWOW!

PostSubject: Welcome   New member from Missouri EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 9:58 am

Welcome Teep cheers I'm still toying with the idea of building a rack like you built.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Go for it   New member from Missouri EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 9:03 am

YamWOW! wrote:
Welcome Teep cheers I'm still toying with the idea of building a rack like you built.

Working with the plastic is very easy if you have access to any wood working tools. Once cutout a router rounds all the edges for a smooth finish.

Teep
Back to top Go down
YamWOW!
Admin
YamWOW!

PostSubject: Re: New member from Missouri   New member from Missouri EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 8:51 pm

Teep wrote:
YamWOW! wrote:

Working with the plastic is very easy if you have access to any wood working tools. Once cutout a router rounds all the edges for a smooth finish.

Teep
I do alot of wood working and really like router work. Once I build a pattern it should be easy. How is the plastic on router bits?
Does it burn the bit or plastic? You should post that rack in the mods section.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Works great   New member from Missouri EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 9:26 am

Actually I had my router in a self-made router table. The PVC I used machined great except for the jig saw I used to cut the slots. If I were to do it again I would set up a guide on the drill press and drill a series of holes and let the drill bit clean out the slots as the PVC really drills great even with the large Forester bits.

Teep
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New member from Missouri   New member from Missouri Empty

Back to top Go down

New member from Missouri
Page 1 of 1