Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

aftermarket clutch lever install

Go down 
+4
velvetcows
stumo
inspector
cryptomundo
8 posters
AuthorMessage
cryptomundo

aftermarket clutch lever install Empty
PostSubject: aftermarket clutch lever install   aftermarket clutch lever install EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 12:18 pm

I am planning to install a new clutch lever and am curious how long I might be working out in the cold Rolling Eyes (no shop to work in) So, for those of you who have installed an aftermarket shift lever, can you tell me if the clutch cable will need some modifying or is it pretty straight forward adjusting to the new lever (Im installing the works connection elite perch lever). I do know I will have to disconnect the clutch switch and hide it somewhere, maybe under the gas tank.
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: aftermarket clutch lever install   aftermarket clutch lever install EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 2:59 pm

Not a clue...but take a couple pics.
Back to top Go down
stumo

PostSubject: Re: aftermarket clutch lever install   aftermarket clutch lever install EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 4:03 pm

no idea how long you'd take.....but wear a good coat!
Back to top Go down
velvetcows

velvetcows

PostSubject: Re: aftermarket clutch lever install   aftermarket clutch lever install EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 1:38 am

Either
3 minutes figuring out what tools you'll need.
2.5 minutes removing old clutch lever (and perch I assume.)
4 minutes mounting the new perch to the handlebars.
15 minutes of wtf do I do now. scratch
10 minutes taking a break inside to warm up.
5 minutes adjusting lever position and cable slack to your liking.
39.5 minutes total! poser2

OR about 10 minutes

You should be able to make proper cable adjustments at the perch alone.
Back to top Go down
MeefZah

MeefZah

PostSubject: Re: aftermarket clutch lever install   aftermarket clutch lever install EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 2:01 am

I'm not quite clear on your post. Clutch lever or shift lever?

Time to replace and adjust the clutch lever should be a few minutes only.

Time to replace shift lever is a few minutes but you may have to drop an aftermarket skid plate and there is trial and error in adjusting the angle to your specs. That and it'll be a bitch threading that bolt up from the bottom in the cold...
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: aftermarket clutch lever install   aftermarket clutch lever install EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 8:54 pm

velvetcows wrote:
Either
3 minutes figuring out what tools you'll need.
2.5 minutes removing old clutch lever (and perch I assume.)
4 minutes mounting the new perch to the handlebars.
15 minutes of wtf do I do now. scratch
10 minutes taking a break inside to warm up.
5 minutes adjusting lever position and cable slack to your liking.
39.5 minutes total! poser2

OR about 10 minutes

You should be able to make proper cable adjustments at the perch alone.

I took the 39.5 path .. it went pretty much like you said
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: aftermarket clutch lever install   aftermarket clutch lever install EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 8:57 pm

MeefZah wrote:
I'm not quite clear on your post. Clutch lever or shift lever?

Time to replace and adjust the clutch lever should be a few minutes only.

Time to replace shift lever is a few minutes but you may have to drop an aftermarket skid plate and there is trial and error in adjusting the angle to your specs. That and it'll be a bitch threading that bolt up from the bottom in the cold...

Ah, its the clutch lever
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: aftermarket clutch lever install   aftermarket clutch lever install EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 9:49 pm

aftermarket clutch lever install 810411 Kinda like the title of the post. aftermarket clutch lever install 500735

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: aftermarket clutch lever install   aftermarket clutch lever install EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 9:59 pm

MeefZah wrote:
Time to replace shift lever is a few minutes but you may have to drop an aftermarket skid plate ..

not if you drill a 3/8" hole under that bolt thumb
Back to top Go down
velvetcows

velvetcows

PostSubject: Re: aftermarket clutch lever install   aftermarket clutch lever install EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 10:12 pm

amazon haha next time will be easier! thumb
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: aftermarket clutch lever install   aftermarket clutch lever install EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 5:39 pm

i thought i would post a pic of the works connection elite perch lever i put on my bike .. it is a little expensive but i am glad i bought it .. its a shorty design and can easily use 2 fingers which gives me much better control.

http://worksconnection.com/details.php?id=61&modyear=392&return=392-7-WR250R

aftermarket clutch lever install Img_0111
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: aftermarket clutch lever install   aftermarket clutch lever install EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 2:00 pm

Thats purdy!! thumb
Back to top Go down
Stubbz

Stubbz

PostSubject: Re: aftermarket clutch lever install   aftermarket clutch lever install EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 5:00 pm

most of the levers out there are wayyyyy to expensive for what they are. i just ordered one of these and there gauranteed for life even if you break it from a crash. available in long or short levers and even anodized. cant beat it.

http://www.righteousstuntmetal.com/
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: aftermarket clutch lever install   aftermarket clutch lever install EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 5:56 pm

looks like a great option
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: aftermarket clutch lever install   aftermarket clutch lever install Empty

Back to top Go down

aftermarket clutch lever install
Page 1 of 1