Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Glad to be here!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bsheet2

bsheet2

Glad to be here! Empty
PostSubject: Glad to be here!   Glad to be here! EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 10:22 am

Hi all. Looks like I will be picking up my very own WR250R this saturday. This looks like a very capable bike and I am really looking forward to it. I have already been making a list of farkles I want!

I have been riding a well farkled KLR for the last two years. I love that KLR. But she is just a pig in the rough stuff. And it seems my riding is taking me into more and more rough stuff. So looks like I now will have a stable. I will not be giving up the KLR any time soon. I think it will still have its place in my riding agenda, at least till I am able to get teh WRR fully farkled. But I will be interested to see if the WRR is capable enough for me to change that view and give up the KLR. I will not mind if it is! Will see how much I end up riding each of these.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Glad to be here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glad to be here!   Glad to be here! EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 11:53 am

Welcome to the pack! Glad to be here! 61865

Many have come from where you have. I guess it depends what you want it to do. The R² will kick the ass on the KLR in the tight gnarly stuff, hands down. It can handle all kinds of stuff you throw at it. Quite a few have taken this little bike on long road trips too; it all depends on how you have it set up. Depending on your weight, you'll have to fiddle with the suspension settings, or do like some of us did and just get it rebuilt. Tires and gearing are also options as well. The tires it comes with suck in loose stuff; pavement and hard pack they are perfectly fine. Any kind of single track or places where you need to lug over things, I'd drop a tooth on the front sprocket. It will make the gearing more usable, and you'll still be able to run and pass on the highway without any problems. The sky's the limit with this bike...lots of mods can be done to it, and it's definitely a bike that can go anywhere. Glad to be here! 810411

bsheet2

Glad to be here! Empty
PostSubject: WRR   Glad to be here! EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 1:47 pm

Thanks SheWolf. Looks like a good group on this forum with lots of info to share.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Glad to be here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glad to be here!   Glad to be here! EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 1:50 pm

If you've got any questions, just ask. There are many of us who will step up to the plate and lend a hand if we can. Glad to be here! 61865

Glad to be here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glad to be here!   Glad to be here! Empty

Back to top Go down

Glad to be here!
Page 1 of 1