Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New member from central Mass.

Go down 
+2
inspector
TBird1
6 posters
AuthorMessage
TBird1

TBird1

New member from central Mass. Empty
PostSubject: New member from central Mass.   New member from central Mass. EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 11:15 pm

Hi everyone. I'm a dirt noob who just bought my first DS bike- the WR250R! It's quite a change from my street-only bike. The saddle height is a little intimidating but I'm trying to adjust. I don't want to lower it and lose ground clearance. Anyway, I'm glad I found this WR-only forum and we can all exchange info to maximize our enjoyment of these machines. As a dirt noob I'll have lots of questions!
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: New member from central Mass.   New member from central Mass. EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 11:42 pm

Welcome, hI!

*LOL, I used to fall over ALL the time. Putting the foot down when there is a hole there. haha. I've learned to scoot my butt off to the side I need to put the foot down when there isn't enough footing.
Back to top Go down
TBird1

TBird1

PostSubject: Naps   New member from central Mass. EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 12:24 am

inspector wrote:
Welcome, hI!

*LOL, I used to fall over ALL the time. Putting the foot down when there is a hole there. haha. I've learned to scoot my butt off to the side I need to put the foot down when there isn't enough footing.

I've come real close but haven't dropped it yet, at least UNPLANNED. I did have one episode where I tried to climb an icy hill on an abandoned road (really just a 2-track trail now). There was a narrow piece of dirt on each side barely wide enough for the tires. I thought I could make it... dunno I couldn't keep the drive wheel off the ice and became stuck half way up. I couldn't back down without totally wiping out on the ice- I only had one boot on solid ground. I finally laid the bike down gently and spun it around on the ice. I was able to step on a couple of rocks poking up through the ice and pick the bike up again and almost carry it down the hill. poser2 It was about 30*F out and I was dripping sweat. Lesson #1- have a plan B ready before you paint yourself into a corner! God, I have so much to learn.
Back to top Go down
KC0514

KC0514

PostSubject: Re: New member from central Mass.   New member from central Mass. EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 10:09 pm

Welcome to the forum Tbird, from another Masshole!!!! I am also new to WR's. I just picked mine up a week ago.

We'll have to hookup this spring and do some riding.

KC

Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: New member from central Mass.   New member from central Mass. EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 6:00 pm

TBird: Great story... (prompted a riding memory I wished I had really forgotten that didn't end-up so amusing).

Thanks for the laugh and WELCOME !

If you are riding alone, remember to tell someone where you are going - Just in case.

Back to top Go down
TBird1

TBird1

PostSubject: Re: New member from central Mass.   New member from central Mass. EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 7:23 pm

X-Racer wrote:
TBird: Great story... (prompted a riding memory I wished I had really forgotten that didn't end-up so amusing).
Thanks for the laugh and WELCOME !
If you are riding alone, remember to tell someone where you are going - Just in case.

Yeah, the possibility of injury really worries my wife. Cell phone reception is pretty spotty around here despite this being the congested northeast.

To KC, I've been on the NE regional section here and there wasn't a lot of activity. Well, I guess it IS winter but I ride year-round whenever the streets are clear. We'll see what happens come springtime. Maybe we can get a group together then. It's hard to make plans around winter weather! BTW, do you have any dirt experience? I have almost none! tough
Back to top Go down
KC0514

KC0514

PostSubject: Re: New member from central Mass.   New member from central Mass. EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 10:19 pm

Tbird,

I've been riding dirtbikes since I was around 6 years old (Honda z50). I took about 10 years off and moved to ATV's. I presently still have A Polaris RZR that I ride throughout the winter. But I could not resist that calling back to 2 wheels.

I just bought the bike the week before xmas and have no plans to bring it out for a few months, the RZR is just too much fun in the snow.

There are a few riders from Mass on this forum. I bet we can get a group together for some fun this spring.

KC
Back to top Go down
TBird1

TBird1

PostSubject: Re: New member from central Mass.   New member from central Mass. EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 10:54 pm

KC0514 wrote:

Tbird,

I've been riding dirtbikes since I was around 6 years old (Honda z50). I took about 10 years off and moved to ATV's. I presently still have A Polaris RZR that I ride throughout the winter. But I could not resist that calling back to 2 wheels.

I just bought the bike the week before xmas and have no plans to bring it out for a few months, the RZR is just too much fun in the snow.

There are a few riders from Mass on this forum. I bet we can get a group together for some fun this spring.

KC

Sounds good! I'll keep in touch via this forum.
Back to top Go down
dtx

dtx

PostSubject: Re: New member from central Mass.   New member from central Mass. EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 4:26 pm

hey from south central ma.
Back to top Go down
TBird1

TBird1

PostSubject: Re: New member from central Mass.   New member from central Mass. EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 6:47 pm

dtx wrote:
hey from south central ma.

You must be pretty close. I'm in Charlton.
Back to top Go down
dtx

dtx

PostSubject: Re: New member from central Mass.   New member from central Mass. EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 7:01 pm

then we will see you at Hodges !
Back to top Go down
TBird1

TBird1

PostSubject: Re: New member from central Mass.   New member from central Mass. EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 9:31 pm

dtx wrote:
then we will see you at Hodges !

About 5 min. from my house!
Back to top Go down
dtx

dtx

PostSubject: Re: New member from central Mass.   New member from central Mass. EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 8:52 am

http://www.fastbikeindustries.com/index.htm This could be the one best mod to do to your bike,guy posts on the SMJ site.He has one and revalves them, that makes the bike so much better to ride.Stops trying to toss you over the bars !
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: New member from central Mass.   New member from central Mass. EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 12:30 am

Welcome to the pack, T! Sorry I'm late... New member from central Mass. 986936

PostSubject: Re: New member from central Mass.   New member from central Mass. Empty

Back to top Go down

New member from central Mass.
Page 1 of 1