Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Dysco's list, with studs, of course!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dysco

Dysco's list, with studs, of course! Empty
PostSubject: Dysco's list, with studs, of course!   Dysco's list, with studs, of course! EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 4:42 pm

I finally got around to doing my pre-winter maintenance. First, I sprayed off the bike a little and removed the skidplate. I beat out the bigger dents and washed the belly of the motor while it was off.

It's seen some rocks.
Dysco's list, with studs, of course! Bottom.dirty2

A little cleaning and some time with the hammer and she's as good as new.
Dysco's list, with studs, of course! Flat

I can't say enough good things about the B&B plate. It beats the heck out of the flimsy thing I had on my old WR450F.

The stock case guard without the cover, attached with some buttonheads. I ditched the C/S cover after an encounter with a rare Colorado mud hole nearly cost me my clutch. I also wired on the C/S nut instead of using the tabs. The wire goes from a corner of the nut to the holes on the sprocket. The nut should last a lot longer this way and give me quicker changes.
Dysco's list, with studs, of course! Chainguard

The stock chainguide is probably a good thing to keep on. It can take a real beating.
Dysco's list, with studs, of course! Chainguide

Some winged bolts from McMaster-Carr with holes drilled in and some safety wire looped through gives me peace of mind that the bolts won't drop out and a little wire to use if I need to make a repair. I also don't need tools to get my seat off. Since nearly everything important is M6 on the WRr, I also installed my plate with 18mm M6s.
Dysco's list, with studs, of course! Seatboltwire

I also threw on some studded Trakmasters.
Dysco's list, with studs, of course! Rear.trak.2011

Last edited by dysco on Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dysco

PostSubject: Re: Dysco's list, with studs, of course!   Dysco's list, with studs, of course! EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 4:45 pm

I should also mention that I haven't done any performance mods. I intentionally bought a "slow" bike to raise my own skills on and off road. I love wringing its neck. In a year or two I might pick up a gnarly trail bike, but until them I'm totally happy and I don't want to mess that up.
Back to top Go down
dysco

PostSubject: Re: Dysco's list, with studs, of course!   Dysco's list, with studs, of course! EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 4:45 pm

We have snow today so I took our bikes out for a ride. Both of our WR250Rs have brand new knobbies- one studded, one not.