Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

put a pc5 on my 08, now it won't start

Go down 
+2
Hertz
Vortac
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Vortac

Vortac

put a pc5 on my 08, now it won't start Empty
PostSubject: put a pc5 on my 08, now it won't start   put a pc5 on my 08, now it won't start EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 4:08 pm

so umm.. apparently the Pc5 doesn't work on 08's?

anyone got one to work. i've installed it like it calls for. the plug that was supposed to plug into the injector didn't really fit, the plastic housing was shaped differently, so i trimmed it up a bit. put it all back together and it just cranks and cranks and cranks, but no go.

what gives?
Back to top Go down
Vortac

Vortac

PostSubject: Re: put a pc5 on my 08, now it won't start   put a pc5 on my 08, now it won't start EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 5:07 pm

well, pulled the PC5 off the bike to see if it was just a product of my bike not being started in a while because it's winter. bike fired right up. unfortunately the PC5 wires that I left dangling while the bike warmed up melted to my brand new FMF exhaust completely ruining the connector.

so now i have a $350 paperweight.

FML.
Back to top Go down
Hertz

Hertz

PostSubject: Re: put a pc5 on my 08, now it won't start   put a pc5 on my 08, now it won't start EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 5:28 pm

Can't really give you any advice on your problem but There are folks out there who are running the PC V successfully.

About the wires, should have been more careful dddog Contact DynoJet, they may sell you a new harness.
Back to top Go down
Vortac

Vortac

PostSubject: Re: put a pc5 on my 08, now it won't start   put a pc5 on my 08, now it won't start EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 5:45 pm

are they running them on 08's?

the place i bought it from is a fairly large website, and they had it listed under the 2008 model. after getting it, and it not fitting and then doing a little looking around, it seems as though the 08 takes the III and the 09-10 take the V

i WAS going to exchange it, but since i damaged it, yeah.

i emailed them anyway with a picture of the damage, see what they'll say.
Back to top Go down
usgpru27

PostSubject: Re: put a pc5 on my 08, now it won't start   put a pc5 on my 08, now it won't start EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 8:36 pm

Could someone please confirm this.. I had posted in Dec. about this and the response was that the V works on the 08. I bought one as well as the autotune.
Back to top Go down
usgpru27

PostSubject: Re: put a pc5 on my 08, now it won't start   put a pc5 on my 08, now it won't start EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 8:39 pm

http://www.gravesport.com/Dynojet-Yamaha-WR250X-WR250R-09-10.html

Another source that confirmed the PC5 for the 08...
Back to top Go down
Hertz

Hertz

PostSubject: Re: put a pc5 on my 08, now it won't start   put a pc5 on my 08, now it won't start EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 12:29 am

http://www.rickramsey.net/WR250Rtuning.htm

I think that's an 09 but it's the exact same bike. Lots of good info in there.
Back to top Go down
Vortac

Vortac

PostSubject: Re: put a pc5 on my 08, now it won't start   put a pc5 on my 08, now it won't start EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 8:17 am

weird... i'm telling you the ignition coil connector does not fit. i've got a really early 08.. unless they changed the injector at some point in time.
Back to top Go down
Vortac

Vortac

PostSubject: Re: put a pc5 on my 08, now it won't start   put a pc5 on my 08, now it won't start EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 8:25 am

look at part 3 in this diagram (the 08)

http://www.ronayers.com/Fiche/TypeID/26/Type/ELECTRICAL_1_/MakeID/4/Make/Yamaha/YearID/49/Year/2008/ModelID/7667/Model/WR250FX/GroupID/364723/Group/ELECTRICAL_1_

and then look at part 7 in this one (the 09)

http://www.ronayers.com/Fiche/TypeID/26/Type/ELECTRICAL_1/MakeID/4/Make/Yamaha/YearID/50/Year/2009/ModelID/8780/Model/WR25XYCB_WR25XYB/GroupID/424276/Group/ELECTRICAL_1

Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: put a pc5 on my 08, now it won't start   put a pc5 on my 08, now it won't start EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 8:33 am

Vortac wrote:
weird... i'm telling you the ignition coil connector does not fit. i've got a really early 08.. unless they changed the injector at some point in time.
I have an 08 and the PC-V plugged right in and worked slicker than hog snot. No mismatched connectors. Are you sure that you are trying to hook it up to the right connectors?
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: put a pc5 on my 08, now it won't start   put a pc5 on my 08, now it won't start EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 8:37 am

Vortac wrote:
look at part 3 in this diagram (the 08)

http://www.ronayers.com/Fiche/TypeID/26/Type/ELECTRICAL_1_/MakeID/4/Make/Yamaha/YearID/49/Year/2008/ModelID/7667/Model/WR250FX/GroupID/364723/Group/ELECTRICAL_1_

and then look at part 7 in this one (the 09)

http://www.ronayers.com/Fiche/TypeID/26/Type/ELECTRICAL_1/MakeID/4/Make/Yamaha/YearID/50/Year/2009/ModelID/8780/Model/WR25XYCB_WR25XYB/GroupID/424276/Group/ELECTRICAL_1

The top link in your post shows a 2008 WR-250F parts diagram, designated WR-250FX (the X on the end in a Yamaha letter meaning 2008 model).

If you want to view 2008 and 2009 WR-250X models, you want to view these catalogues:

WR-250XX (2008)
WR-250XY (2009)
Back to top Go down
Vortac

Vortac

PostSubject: Re: put a pc5 on my 08, now it won't start   put a pc5 on my 08, now it won't start EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 8:55 am

doh, good catch.

just checked it on another site and it appears to be the same part.

WTF, that plug was in no way fitting. if i knew how to pull that ignition out i'g take a pic to compare
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: put a pc5 on my 08, now it won't start   put a pc5 on my 08, now it won't start EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 10:10 am

Vortac wrote:

I read the PCV installation instructions on the Dynojet website, and I saw no mention of plugging in into the ignition coil.
I saw that it plugs into the same spots as the PCIII that I used on my 2008 WR-250R:

*Throttle body and connector that once plugged into the throttle body

*Throttle position sensor and the connector that once plugged into the throttle position sensor
(on the right-hand side of the throttle body)

*Negative battery terminal

Are you going for these spots?
Back to top Go down
Vortac

Vortac

PostSubject: Re: put a pc5 on my 08, now it won't start   put a pc5 on my 08, now it won't start EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 11:56 am

YZEtc wrote:
Vortac wrote:

I read the PCV installation instructions on the Dynojet website, and I saw no mention of plugging in into the ignition coil.
I saw that it plugs into the same spots as the PCIII that I used on my 2008 WR-250R:

*Throttle body and connector that once plugged into the throttle body

*Throttle position sensor and the connector that once plugged into the throttle position sensor
(on the right-hand side of the throttle body)

*Negative battery terminal

Are you going for these spots?

i'm an idiot.

and the worlds worst mechanic.

connected the plugs to the right spot and she fired right up.

baldy

i owe you a beer.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: put a pc5 on my 08, now it won't start   put a pc5 on my 08, now it won't start EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 1:52 pm

Nice. thumb
Back to top Go down
usgpru27

PostSubject: Re: put a pc5 on my 08, now it won't start   put a pc5 on my 08, now it won't start EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 8:26 pm

Awesome for you... relief for me.. wings
Back to top Go down
WRXer

PostSubject: Re: put a pc5 on my 08, now it won't start   put a pc5 on my 08, now it won't start EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 9:03 pm

BuilderBob wrote:
Vortac wrote:
I have an 08 and the PC-V plugged right in and worked slicker than hog snot. No mismatched connectors. Are you sure that you are trying to hook it up to the right connectors?

I am a little late but +1.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: put a pc5 on my 08, now it won't start   put a pc5 on my 08, now it won't start Empty

Back to top Go down

put a pc5 on my 08, now it won't start
Page 1 of 1