Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Another Ride in the Boston Mountains

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
boogn1sh

boogn1sh

Another Ride in the Boston Mountains Empty
PostSubject: Another Ride in the Boston Mountains   Another Ride in the Boston Mountains EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 12:57 am

Pete and I logged a lot of miles today. I heard on Adventure Rider that locals were trying to get War Loop closed off so we wanted to ride this part of the TAT before someone puts up a gate. The road does get very rough, but not nearly as bad as all the TAT RRs say it is. I guess that because they are riding Pigs and not the R². Our bikes ate it up and had us looking for something more challenging.

Shiny clean bikes and a warm sunny day...
Another Ride in the Boston Mountains DSC02586

Down a short stretch of slab and we arrive at the Western end of War Loop. It is most commonly traveled from East to West by folks on the Tran-Am Trail, but we are doing the opposite.
Another Ride in the Boston Mountains DSC02587

War Loop did deteriorate fast into an unmaintained rocky path, but about 3 miles down it we came up on 2 or 3 guys that were grading the road with a tractor. Maybe they were cleaning up storm debris, but they weren't county workers and there were no houses for miles. There were plenty of "No Trespassing" signs...
Another Ride in the Boston Mountains DSC02588

Either War Loop Creek or Hurricane Creek, can't remember...
Another Ride in the Boston Mountains DSC02592

Another Ride in the Boston Mountains DSC02594

Not so clean now
Another Ride in the Boston Mountains DSC02595

Another Ride in the Boston Mountains DSC02596

Another Ride in the Boston Mountains DSC02597

Pete's bike laid down for a nap more than once today. Here he managed to get it picked up before I could dig out my camera.
Another Ride in the Boston Mountains DSC02598

Another Ride in the Boston Mountains DSC02599

Shortly after that, mine got a little tired
Another Ride in the Boston Mountains DSC02600

Another Ride in the Boston Mountains DSC02601

There have been signs posted all over this area warning about some controlled burns, today they were burning.
Thought I took several pictures of this huge valley full of smoke, but I got nothing.
This shot doesn't show much, but it had just been burned and the ground was still hot and smoking.
There were several deer wandering around smoldering stumps with nowhere to hide, look close...
Another Ride in the Boston Mountains DSC02602

Time for some gas and food, so we find the "Pig Trail" and head to Turner Bend
Another Ride in the Boston Mountains DSC02603

We cut across Fly Gap on our way back north.
Another Ride in the Boston Mountains DSC02605

Beautiful views up here.
Another Ride in the Boston Mountains DSC02607

There are trails EVERYWHERE out here. We shot some video with Pete's camera, I hope some of it turns out.
Another Ride in the Boston Mountains DSC02609

Another Ride in the Boston Mountains DSC02610

I shot a few videos. Pete Vs. Log is a good one. lurk

Pete Vs. Log

Just Another Trail
Back to top Go down
drater

drater

PostSubject: Re: Another Ride in the Boston Mountains   Another Ride in the Boston Mountains EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 9:52 pm

very nice, thank you.

looks like you could get lost in that stuff.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Another Ride in the Boston Mountains   Another Ride in the Boston Mountains EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 11:33 pm

Sweet! I love blooper vids. Pete is a natural. He wins a trophy. thumb

badmotoscooter

PostSubject: Re: Another Ride in the Boston Mountains   Another Ride in the Boston Mountains EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 8:00 am

yeah, it's just another thing my wife can laugh at me about...just what i needed Shog
Back to top Go down
boogn1sh

boogn1sh

PostSubject: Go Pro Hero helmet mounted camera   Another Ride in the Boston Mountains EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 7:38 pm

A couple vids of this ride, not real exciting, but something to watch...

Hurricane Creek Pt. 1 Pete's helmet, down hill.
Hurricane Creek Pt. 2 Justin's helmet, up hill.
Back to top Go down
JaiDee

JaiDee

PostSubject: Re: Another Ride in the Boston Mountains   Another Ride in the Boston Mountains EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 7:54 pm

Thanks for posting all the RRs from NW Ark boogn1sh! Seeing the woods starting to come alive again after the winter really makes me homesick. I'm looking forward to getting back and picking your brain on the best trails to ride. It looks like you've found a lot of them.

-JD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Ride in the Boston Mountains   Another Ride in the Boston Mountains Empty

Back to top Go down

Another Ride in the Boston Mountains
Page 1 of 1