Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Is the WRR a good commuter/play bike

Go down 
+11
aaronhall555
dwsmith
Krabill
Akasy
1moreroad
X-Racer
mattf
dc4stroke
kjharn
skierd
resqman911
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
zone47

zone47

Is the WRR a good commuter/play bike - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is the WRR a good commuter/play bike   Is the WRR a good commuter/play bike - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 3:38 pm

I think the WRR has plenty of power to keep up with traffic. The vibe I get is, it does come across looking like a pure dirt bike and some people in their big SUVs don't think you should be riding on the road ...ie; riding your ass even if you are going over the speed limit. To be fair, it almost does look illegal and the bike turns a LOT of heads !! The only gripe I have is the stock gearing is a tad too tall.
Back to top Go down
M1A Rifleman

PostSubject: Re: Is the WRR a good commuter/play bike   Is the WRR a good commuter/play bike - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 3:43 pm

...it almost does look illegal and the bike turns a LOT of heads. wink so much fun.

The only gripe I have is the stock gearing is a tad too tall. True, but an easy fix. I got to thinking my last bike, a 1971 Yamaha 2-stroke 250 DS, had a 48 or 49 tooth rear sproket, and I had a 50 tooth on it for a time. Throttle wheelies in 1st and 2nd were easy. I wonder if placing a 48 tooth on the Wr would give the same feeling???
Back to top Go down
resqman911

PostSubject: Re: Is the WRR a good commuter/play bike   Is the WRR a good commuter/play bike - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 4:22 pm

When you guys are out trail riding and come up to something that requires you to loft the front tire, is the wrr able to do this easy or is it difficult?
Back to top Go down
Krabill

PostSubject: Re: Is the WRR a good commuter/play bike   Is the WRR a good commuter/play bike - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 6:51 pm

It's easy if you use the clutch. Not so much if you don't.

As far as super high gearing goes, I rode a friends bike with 12/47 and whoa boy that was fun. Really. If you normally run 13/47, toss a $20 12T on there for an experiment thumb
Back to top Go down
Dancamp

PostSubject: Re: Is the WRR a good commuter/play bike   Is the WRR a good commuter/play bike - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 7:38 pm

Most of the time all you need is to remove all the weight on the front wheel. When it happens I just give some throttle while putting my weight on the rer wheel and up it goes over the obstacle, no wheelie needed. And beside, when we approach obstacles we tend to give up speed charging the front suspension. It makes the front light enough on the rebound to ease the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is the WRR a good commuter/play bike   Is the WRR a good commuter/play bike - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Is the WRR a good commuter/play bike
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2